Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I plan on watching FWWM this week before the revival kicks off.

I have seen all of the original series including James terrible scenes. I never bothered asking my wife to watch because the soap opera parts of the show are so very dated and there are a lot of things a little modernizing could help make the show a bit easier for her to digest.

So my question is this: do you think I should ask her to watch FWWM with me? I've heard it's more horror than soap opera which would probably go over ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
"He's Lying" definitely seemed to be Cooper and not Zombie Dougie.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I somehow missed Laura in the Golden Orb.

Thought the episode was excellent and I'm glad we got more episode 1,2 and 3 weirdness.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Matthew Lillard's head looked like the 2 victims of "mother" from the glass box.

It made a sound like a squished grape though.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
They probably aren't the same... thing? But I knew everyone would understand what I meant.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
You guys really had me waiting for Coop to wake up :(

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Eyud posted:

I’m laughing at the people who get upset over someone who prefers not to use sexual references when talking about sockets or whatever.

I don't think anyone is upset, just goofing on someone so sexually immature/stunted they find calling a female adapter/outlet "vulgar".

Like does he/she/they blush when asking where a public restroom is because private parts are involved?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
How you gonna post that picture and not pick up on Andy?

If you look at the imdb page it's pretty ridiculous.

Dr.Jacoby, Jerry, Beverly, Josie, Anthony, one of the 3 cop brothers is nicknamed "Smiley" and on and on

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 18, 2017

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Maybe Judy is Sarah Palmer/her dark passenger?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Man they left some loose strings hanging when the show was over at 9 oclock but that's ok, at least they didn't end it on some super confusing stuff that left me with more anxiety than answers!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just to be clear, we're talking about a different Richard than Richard Horne, right?

Also, just in case I'm crazy, Coop and Diane went into an end-unit in a single storey motel, and he came out in a completely different place, right?

Not sure about that but weren't they driving an old pickup like Boopers and then he got into a town car after "Linda" took off?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I haven't gotten that beautiful growing anxiety as the clock ticks down on the last episode feeling since the sopranos finale, which was great, therefore this was great as well

The difference here for me, is that with The Sopranos the only question was "is Tony gonna get whacked?" And with Twin Peaks it was more of a "there's only 12 minutes left and they have been staring at each other in a car for 10 minutes and I have no idea what's going on"

I didn't hate it or anything but it was a little disappointing imo (I loved the sopranos ending)

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So I guess he ended up in 89 again? An alternate 89, maybe?

Not that this means anything but when he was driving around Odessa there was a post 2000s white dodge pickup sitting at an intersection.

I took note because I was wondering what year it was long before Cooper was. Also there was 0 cellphone use from anyone going on in ep 18.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The only reason I can see for Cooper trying to save Laura is to defeat Judy. He isn't trying to save her because he feels bad for her. Gordon Cole kind of lays it all out there at the beginning of the episode.

That's why he takes her home in Richard and Linda timeline. It wasn't for a family reunion, it's because Judy inhabits Sarah (the girl who lived down the lane imo).

The fact we never got to see this confrontation is what I was most disappointed about when it ended. If Sarah had opened the door and Carrie screamed the exact same way it would have been much more satisfying to me at the time.

After tossing and turning in bed all night and getting goosebumps well into the next day every time I thought about that final scream I have really come around on the finale though I still think it makes a better Season 4 opener than a Season 3 finale.

The way I see it Cooper did not fail, he is trapped in a dream created by Judy to keep Laura at bay and at the end Carrie shatters that dream. I would love to see the conclusion to Judy/Laura.

In the end I think Lynch got what he was looking for out of me because from the sex scene through the final scene I felt about every possible negative emotion I can think of and probably produced as much Garmonbozia as a television show could elicit.

Gonna watch it again tonight and probably have a completely different reading though, who knows.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Lord Krangdar posted:

Why do people think Judy is the one who took past-Laura away when she was being led through the woods? Dale said he was taking her home, and we already saw her being sent from the Fireman's realm and that the particular portal where Cooper led her led to that same realm.

I think the easiest answer is that hey had not yet reached the portal area and she wouldn't have screamed horrifically if she was going to the white lodge.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Twisty the clown!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

kaworu posted:

Can you guys PLEASE stop talking about creepy ceiling fans?

I read this entire post thinking to myself "who the hell is scared of a ceiling fan" then I checked the username and it all made sense.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Then why did the fireman tell Andy to save/protect Naido?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I've never seen Lost and now thanks to this thread I never need to.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Only up to a men's 12. Curse these clown shoe sized feet.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Baloogan posted:

so, what does twin peaks all mean, summed up?

Breadallelogram posted:

fix your hearts or die

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Nail Rat posted:

This isn't 'Nam! There are rules!

I just started watching Twin Peaks like six weeks ago for the first time ever. I finished season two this past weekend (boy it was tough going there for awhile) and am three episodes into season 3. I have no idea what the gently caress is going on but it's definitely entertaining to see David Lynch with a big budget and carte blanche to make his crazy dreams a reality. I've never seen anything quite like that void scene from episode 3, or hell the glass box. Definitely visuals you don't forget about easily.

Hooooo boy are you in for a treat in episode 8

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
They didn’t make them in a 14 :(

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t think knowing the episode is special is going to spoil a god drat thing about that madness .

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Did the guy who picked up on Bob being a nuclear bomb reference from the original series ever finish season 3? If so can I get his reading on it because that is an opinion I value.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
David Lynch is the king of giving me the heebie-jeebies despite the fact I have no idea what the gently caress is going on.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s both and neither.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I think the implication is that the Leyland trapped in the Redroom is not a murderer.

I could be totally wrong about that and I don’t know what it means beyond that because loving Twin Peaks man.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

hawowanlawow posted:

how's Annie?

Is she ok?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
James has always been cool.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
How could you enjoy FWWM but not s3e8. Does not compute.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Episode 8 is the greatest episode of television ever and the fact that it's so divisive only reinforces that.

This is exactly what I was getting at. The episode was so compelling.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Honestly, they are all fantastic.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Kaworu made a really touching post (imo) in the Stranger Things thread and I will never give them a hard time ever again.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
There’s a meme that’s been going around that basically says people who watch scary movies alone are soulless psychos, which made me think, “ya know, I haven’t found a movie actually scary in years”.

But just now thinking about that scene gave me goosebumps. God drat you David Lynch. It’s literally just a dude with a creepy smile and yet just the mental image of it gives me the heebie jeebies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Is The Return available streaming anywhere? I haven’t looked, but I did see the original series is on CBS All Access so I know I have that covered plus FWWM.