Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I just bought it on Amazon. gently caress. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I never found Dougie to get less annoying. I was surprised to come online and find that people found him enjoyable.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

It was less suspension of disbelief for me. I could deal with no one putting the pieces together like "hey, he's acting weird." It was more the long, long wait for Coop, and then getting... Dougie.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

This is so cool. How did no one notice this!? And I include me in there.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Wow, Bob, wow

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The Record Store Day exclusive Twin Peaks picture records turned out amazing. Anyone else here get them?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Thought some of you might be interested in this Log Lady documentary:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/historyofcool/i-know-catherine-the-log-lady?ref=490949&token=6e2d3204

I haven't been able to take a look at it much since I'm at work, but it might be cool.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I always struggle with FWWM and Missing Pieces because the voices are so low. I can't hear poo poo.

The new Blu-ray had subtitles for the film but not MP.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I have a version where the jagged part between the two faces slides apart. It is neat, but not neat enough to pay extra...

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Season 4 is a VR sweeping simulator.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Apparently it's not coming to PSVR, from what I read?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The only effects I didn't like were the Red Room itself. It didn't feel as real as it used to. Were the chevron floors cg or something?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Nah that was all real, even the shaking floor.

NON EX IS TENT

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Weird, I thought it was a reference to some chevron flooring that was also in Eraserhead. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

(Edit) I am not remembering that flooring wrong.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Agreed, if you don't wanna watch it in the future that's fine, but there is good stuff mixed in with some of the weaker parts. And you'll love the return to form after sitting through a few eye rolling scenes.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

When Mark Frost's earlier book came out, a lot of it was wrong and it had odd mistakes. Frost said all would be explained in time.

Did anything ever come of that, or was he just covering for having forgotten some basic details like who won Miss Twin Peaks?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Did anyone else get the new Season 2 Music and More record for RSD? I had to pay to get it from a scalper. Very uncool.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The limited event soundtrack on double vinyl is out today too and looks amazing. Will complete that set nicely.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3DdOqFllAJ/?hl=en

Don't let me down, Michael Horse. Don't hurt me.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Post it!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Tertius Oculum posted:

My boxset came in today.

Pardon my desk its also my workbench:
https://imgur.com/a/7Qgkz04

Looks like some print damage either from shipping or printing. Also the Die-cut model is hella scratched up.

The Red Room Gallery has some cool pictures in it.

Might have to borrow my buddy's 4k TV to check out the 4k version of s3e08.

Box set is great, but the die cut model is kind of atrocious. I kept trying to pull off the scratched up, bubbly plastic wrap covering. Like a new phone, right? It's perfect under this, right!?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I totally understand why it's fun to talk about, but Twin Peaks all having a rational explanation would be a complete bummer.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I feel like I was here in the late 90s. Is that a possibility!? It wasn't this account.

gently caress this site has been up for a long time.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

It's 2020 again. Maybe that's what elicited the scream.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The announcement is that it's February 1st. What did you expect?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I am always worried when newsgroups get dumped cause I have some very dumb messages out there.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Imagine not even watching it one time. Ridiculous.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Makes more sense than sitting through a bunch of awful TV because reasons, staining the rest of your viewing experience in the process

There's still good stuff in there. I understand not wanting to rewatch something you didn't like, but this seems silly to me.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

side_burned posted:

I skipped every scene he was in and have no regrets.

On your first view? Ugh.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

It was weirdly silent for how many actors were hinting at involvement for a while.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Sorry is that David Lynch or Donald Trump?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I occasionally got Twin Peaks / Dark from the new show Outer Range as well.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I refuse to fall for "new David Lynch show!" again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I paid for a signed photo from Sherilyn Fenn and it was extremely worth it.