Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DirtyBear

so uhh thoughts on steam direct vs. greenlight from small dev POV? as a consumer Im not sure im sold it sure seems to not address the problem of horrible games clogging up the store front just because a dev pays 100$. maybe the rest of the steam changes will disincentive those "devs" i suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DirtyBear

lol starbound is the (straw that broke the camels back) reason I don't buy early access games any more. I still believe/hope it will end up being good because god knows i love terraria and starbound seems like a good stopgap between terraria and terraria other worlds, but when i bought starbound it was in such a lovely place.

Based on rumor/hints from total biscuit and jim sterling about the future of the steam storefront and how it chooses what games to show, specifically they mentioned a possible steam explorers program which somehow or another encourages certain power users to play and review more games that they otherwise wouldnt in order to scrape up more data, im actually in the process of writing extensive reviews and setting up a curator page. If valve is serious about making steam a better place I'd love to help, especially if I can get in on the ground floor even if its just as a neophyte. but if it ends up being anything like green light I am so not interested, so I think the next year or so is going to make a big impression with me on valve's intentions

DirtyBear

Starman Super DX posted:

Oh hey, if you liked Terraria and such and something like Dwarf Fortress is similarly up your alley, give Rim World a shot. It's got a SHOCKING amount of depth and content to it considering it's only in alpha. I've got a lot of hope for this one!

as a rule I dont buy early access games, but i have heard good things about rim world

• Locked thread