Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
will there be babby skulls with fontanelles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
there should be at least one tremendously stupid puzzle that's in there purely to spite the player. just incomprehensible busywork that nobody can figure out without a walkthrough. railroad them into it with some obviously bs excuse so they really know to resent it and you. if you don't do this you're a goddamn pussy who has no business making an adventure game.

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

Pizzatime posted:

oh hey, response! that does lift my spirits. sorry, it's kinda dumb, but whenever there isn't much response I'm quick to think that I'm doing something wrongor nobody's interested.
byob isn't a game dev forum and you shouldn't expect it to be one, much less pin your morale on how well it lives up to that expectation. also it's been pretty small and slow in general lately. just focus on making the game you want to make, if you make this about people's responses to each baby step of development you will go nowhere and end up with nothing.

ed: this also applies to your indiegogo backers

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 30, 2017

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
clearly better than the old one (the more pulsing dithering in this game the better) but i'm not sold on the cursive-style zs

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

Pizzatime posted:

Meet Trug!

e: alternate bridge?

definitely the first. the bridge is made of wood, not dirt

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

Starman Super DX posted:

Really loving that lo-fi sound!
People weren't meant to hear music in such clarity, they need to hear snaps and pops and all that poo poo. :goonsay:
what are you talking about, it's perfectly clear. you're hearing the tones and noise as generated, it's not being played off a beat-up vinyl record or something

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
it's not lo-fi at all but whatever

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
fair enough!

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

Pizzatime posted:

thanks for putting cool pictures in my head

thanks for putting a cool picture in my eyes

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
can a skeleton fart, and will one fart in the game

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

Pizzatime posted:

yo, today I'm cross-posting on tigsource and here, cause I like the way that post turned out a little.
so the forums are still going? i used to follow the blog and then it just... kinda...... stopped......... :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
the tigsource blog, the hottest place for indie game news 10 years ago

• Locked thread