Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

ultrafilter posted:

I don't think he can top last year.

He'll start playing Final Fantasy 14 instead and in the middle of a dungeon just question where the gently caress Lenna is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

"Welp, time to get ready for sandworm," he said, pulling Lenna behind the toolshed with a 12-gauge.

"No, Buttz. Lenna's my sister. I'll do it :smith:"

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

InfernoBlade posted:

So I don't want to outright choose the run this time like I did last year. But I'm going to drop another large donation in the next day or so. Any ideas on how to use it for the run this time around?

Part of me wants to see if I can incite some extra pledges by saying, say, that $5000 goes to the third place choice for each job the day before the run.

Honestly the best bet might be to just do random chance. Roll a die or something for each crystal to pick what class. And unless the dice are super friendly (they never are), they shouldn't get Blue/Mystic/Bard/Chemist or something scary strong.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Supremezero posted:

This is all fantastic and a decent argument about it sucking, but I don't really see how any of that makes it worse than "Loading screen for opening the menu".

Like, you are comparing "Cool glitches got changed, it sucks" to "Insanely aggravating to play at a basic level"

Because one is insanely aggravating to play at a basic level, the other is insanely aggravating to play at a basic level and also ugly.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Even in FF4, Slow works on pretty much everything except the final boss and turns the game from a nightmare to beatable. Sap is pretty useful, too, and is the one reason Bio still sees use after Flare comes around.

Status in 6 and 7 are mostly bad because the games give you so many flavors of "do a boatload of damage" that you really don't need to bother looking at status effects. It's the Single Player Pokemon problem: "why would I waste time with things that are not Damage when the quickest way through a battle is to do damage constantly?"

Slow/Haste, Protect and Shell are still SUPER important in FF6 and 7, if not as great as Sap, etc.

Also, in Wutai Tower, it's practically required that you fit Yuffie out with ways to inflict status and buff herself.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Eh, screw it. :toxx: Everyone who clears the game with the name "a butt" will trigger a 2 dollar donation from me, up to a maximum of 70 bucks(it'd be more but the exchange rate is murder).

I also just donated :10bux: to add some zerkers to the pool. :getin:

Another butt or the butt parade!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Team Punch a butt beats up Garula with little effort. Step outside the tower, and no lie run into like 6 battles with more Garulas.

EDIT: Also got a time mage so that's neat

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 18, 2017

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

All The Bravest (Thus Far)

Plot.lost
Dwall (x2)
Koobes*
Supremezero
Focacciasaurus_Rex
Bufuman
Vernatio
Serene Dragon
Olive Garden Tonight!
Ssmagus
Blue Link
Fhqwhgads

That's $70 for those of you keeping track.
I offered Koobes double for their trizerker run, and I'll offer the same to you.

So far I'm on that list. Don't intend to break it now.

If Fifth Job doesn't give me a Knight or Mystic Knight, I'll be good!

Also gotta add that I am a butt, too :allears:

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 22, 2017

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Unrelated, but it's kind of telling the "Community" arm of the site has no comments sections.

:allears: Something you don't wanna admit about your own userbase, Imgur? I mean, I can't loving blame them, but...

Anyway how about them there Berserkers.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

gently caress Blue Dragons, honestly.

Reds are a pain in the rear end enough, but at least they have the decency to be weak to Requiem and not stack up 3 to a sprite.

EDIT: "Oh they can be Graviga'd! Oh, then they just spam Ice Storm until they murder my entire party because I almost beat one."

gently caress. Blue. Dragons.

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 23, 2017

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Proud to say I'm well on my way to both the A Butt and "Captain Courage" donation incentives :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Doom Goon posted:

Do that many people use save states? Kind of kills the whole point, doesn't it?

I honestly only use it for spots where I just don't feel like plodding back from the savepoint again. It's not any easier to beat a boss with it just putting a savestate at the end of a long drawn out dialog.

• Locked thread