Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Simply Simon posted:

I didn't fact check because surely they wouldn't have made up such a frivolous claim???

The problem being that anybody can edit a wiki, and while moderators can and do take deletion by non-recognized members as vandalism, non-defamatory additions are usually waved by.

In turn, it turns out a lot of their mechanical info comes from GameFAQs, and I don't mean the algorithm guide, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Samuel Clemens posted:

That's a really good team though.

It's "solid", but I'd hesitate to call it "good". The physical side is good enough that the magic (or at least 750) side doesn't need to pull as much weight. Which means Geo can clear up randoms for the Brave Blade (if you want to do that), Red plays support bot (though ironically Geo wears it better by endgame with its Magic stat + !Dualcast + Rune Chime), Knight and Mystic Knight murder. :black101:

Regardless, you've still got two party members that need sufficient help to get by.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bufuman posted:

Decision time! I'm level 19, everyone just under 200 ABP away from mastering Thief, and up next is the Library of Ancients. Do I:
A: Try and do the Library at my current level and pray for a minimum of fuckery from that rear end in a top hat Byblos
B: Grind up everyone to master Thief and hope I get a better job from my Water #Upgrade (and if this, where to grind for ABP? The Walse Tower and Karnak escape encounters were giving out decent amounts but obviously both of those are out now)

As an aside, the reason I want to master Thief is because I'm on Pure Chaos and thus might get Freelancer or Mime, otherwise I would've Upgraded the instant I got !Mug on everyone.

ABP comes naturally when farming for elixirs in the ship graveyard. On the downside, this might put you at Lv20 due to the relatively low EXP amounts. (On the theoretical upside, this is good if you roll Blue Mage next.)

Thief is not a great job for Library, but upgrading risks handing you Bard or Berserker, the two jobs who have it worse. So... hard to say.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bregor posted:

This was exactly my experience when I rolled Dancer first. The early daggers are pretty powerful and you can just plink away at pretty much anything, but yeah obviously having four !Dancers means a healthy dose of Sword Dance to the face of whatever boss fight you want to chump.

Rolling Chemist first was pretty awesome too, giving one of them Healing Staff was more than enough defense until I got Turtle Shells.

My only difficult first jobs have been White Mage (safe but loving tedious) and Thief.

Bard is also entirely insufferable. You have virtually no offense until after the point you're supposed to get Bard, and you're made of tissue paper, to boot.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

RitzBlues posted:

On the other hand, some classes steamroll World 1 from the get go:

Beastmaster is a little fiddly to start, but there's a capture in the ship graveyard that can one-shot Siren, grab either a goblin or four Strong Fight things outside Carwen (Tattoo, I think?) for Magissa, and then you have a whip and can just casually stroll through Garula. Not sure if there's a sure-fire method for dealing with Liquid Flame, but after that, you have access to Bearaga.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kheldarn posted:

I guess the bot and the creator's accounts both have me muted for some reason. I've tried multiple times, from different devices, apps, and even the website, and nothing.

Oh well. Have fun, guys!

Is your Twitter timeline private? That'll gently caress it up.

Make a public sockpuppet account to use, that's what I do.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, that was brought up upthread.

Less redundantly, remember that RK (the runner of these sites and Gilg's creator/maintainer) lives in Japan, so this is early morning for him. Not getting a reply right away doesn't mean you're shadowbanned or anything, just that he's probably asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

berenzen posted:

How is the mobile port? Is it as bad as the ff5 one?

Looking at it, the only things different from the DS version are the intrinsic Mobile Game wonkiness of bad controls and weird menu aesthetics. It doesn't look to overhaul things the same way the FF5/FF6 ports do.

• Locked thread