Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Oh hey! I might do this again this year! Tried it in 2015 and made it to the final boss but couldn't beat him (yeah i suck) and skipped it last year but i'm willing to have another go at it.

Still too babby-tier to try a berserker run so I might stick with normal again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I was wondering why there were so many new posts. Charity is good. Mods are also good. They can coexist peacefully imo.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Man with Hat posted:

I hope you do, it's a whole lot of fun and if you get stuck there are usually ten people to answer all questions in the IRC, where you should be anyways to tell us about your first fiesta.

Can confirm this, the advice from this thread and irc is really great.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I was originally going to do a vanilla run this year, but that would be way too boring.

LET'S DO THIS! :black101:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Next year I'm just going to put "don't play natural you fools" in the title, I guess.

Please do.

edit: changing natural to fifth job since I just saw it and it sounds pretty cool

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 6, 2017

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Would it be against the rules to make a save file just before heading into the canal to speed things up? I imagine most people will be doing this.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Samuel Clemens posted:

The only real downside is that you won't be able to give Bartz a new silly name on every run.

I'm perfectly okay with every run as the hero FARTZ and his friends. I also like having 99 potions without having to grind them every time.

Bruceski posted:

This is what Chaos No750 gives you. Save yourself!

I see no problems here whatsoever.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I am ready.

Leofish posted:

I did two regular runs last time. This year, I'm mixing it up!

I don't know what any of this is going to do, but let's fuckin' do this poo poo!

:hf:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Sax Solo posted:

I've been having fun taking FFT portraits (from here) and smashing them into FF5A. Noses appeared in the process.
Pretty happy with the results (especially best dad Xezat) though of course I didn't do much. I might put up a patch for download if I get it working (and after a post on that forum).

These are awesome.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I had a go at the Run but I probably won't be done by the 19th, what with Stormblood taking up all of my time after tomorrow.

I will accept all my extra zerkers as punishment.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Been busy over the last few weeks but i finally picked up my run at the earth crystal and got my fourth job: a third berserker.

Now running with 3 zerkers and a summoner. :getin:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

So real life kicked me in the balls for July so that I still haven't finished my first run. When is the final end date for this thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I think i'm screwed. I'm on the 4 crystal guardians fight in forest of moore with 3 zerks and a summoner. I can get two crystals down and still survive but after that i'm doomed to failure as the only decent weapons I have on my zerkers are air knives which heal one of the crystals. I can equip something else on them but the damage loss is pretty severe.

• Locked thread