Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011
Fiestamod trends towards making the game *very slightly* more difficult unless you like playing on Chaos, in which case it slants more towards protecting you from some of its worst excesses. If you're playing lots of Chaos runs to prove game mastery or because you like prevailing over absurd and arcane self-imposed challenges, give it a pass and pull the lever until it dishes out a 4 WHM Byblos run, but otherwise you're not *really* missing much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011
I got lazy and careless and barely squeaked a run by both literally and metaphorically.

Mostly because the first, much cleaner kill happened completely unexpectedly and I utterly missed getting a killshot.

I forgot how much I hate doing NED at minimum level.

E: Just to prove it's actually a Run run:

Chaotic Neutral fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jun 17, 2017

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

FreeKillB posted:

Cool, I learned something new

This happened in Yaga's run, when he inadvertently activated the glitch and then couldn't berserk Lenna when fighting Omega.

e: From voice chat, Jenja didn't have the lamp set up for Neo Exdeath, oops.
Yeah, I've been tinkering with this since I saw Yagamoth's berserk get stuffed and had to figure out how it happened. It's a lot more applicable to Fiestas considering that applies to stuff like the Ribbon, though it's edge-case-y as gently caress. Still fun to (re)discover something obscure!

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011
This leads to the most niche strategy in the history of niche strategies, which is that now Geomancer/Dancer parties can have a Sword Dance Up (via Lamia's Tiara) !Dance Geomancer with full Ribbon immunities for boss fights.

UNLIMITED POWERRRRR

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

:black101: :black101: FOUR BERSERKER TIME BOYS :black101: :black101:

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

Cattail Prophet posted:

My chaos risk run is starting with... a chemist. I... I almost feel cheated. This was my first time risking. I wanted a horrible slog, not a free triple crown! :argh: Oh well, I've never actually bothered using chemist before, so it should still be interesting at least.
Chemist is broken, but it's the fun kind of broken if it's your first time with it. Enjoy it!

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011
E: err, ignore this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

Now it's done for good.

Ranger was interesting, but makes for a pretty bad Berserker babysitter. (Thank god for #Krile spitting it out and saving me from Quadzerker NED on GBA, though.) Yoichi Bow crits and slapping Artemis Bows on them and letting them go ham on Almagest is fun, but not exactly practical. But hey, when you're L45 before Sandworm, practical goes out the window.

Also gently caress quadzerker I'm going to see Minidragons in my loving dreams

• Locked thread