Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, I was wondering when this thread was going to show up. Probably gonna try and get a few practice runs in here right away to re-familiarize myself with the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Your options are still constrained. Just if you now get 3 berserkers and a chemist, you're not 100% hosed trying to beat Living Flame or Sandworm, or be forced to grind for hours on end. And some of us don't necessarily have the disposable income to throw at the job fair liberally.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Do you think that someone that makes a freelancer-only save state after each crystal boss cheating as well?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I wonder how bad DD is going to gently caress up horribly this year during The Run. It can't possibly top last year.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Dragondarch loving up The Run in increasingly spectacular ways has been a classic staple of the FJF, losing that would be terrible.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I don't think it necessarily will, because it could impact a good job over a bad job rather than you selecting which job gets Galufed.

Right now trying to figure out what type of run to do as Berserker Risk.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Went pure chaos/fifth job/RISK. I am ready for 3 berserkers and a Mime.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I voted Monk/Zerk/Geo/Dragoon myself.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

You get to have :airquote:fun:airquote: quadzerking from water through Ronka.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

A regular run would be just fine.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Anyone have the catch/release guide for beastmasters throughout the game?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, I have save states pre set after every crystal now. Because gently caress doing wind-water multiple times over with only freelancers,

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I released a stone golem and then whittled them down to ~200 hp apiece and then just healed through the self -destructs

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I thought it was #blameeverhate

Anyway, the only way you get to use anything from your earth crystal is if you manage to roll freelancer on your fifth job. Which means you can use the passives of your fourth job.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Currently deciding if I should make the agonizing decision to try and suffer through fork tower to get a second aegis shield, or just deal with crystal shields. Team is Dragoon/Berserker/berserker/dancer.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Catch a page 32, when you release them, they cast banish on Byblos for a 50/50 chance at instantly killing him.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

You have a free triple crown at least.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Chicken Knife Swords Dance and !Dance with the Murokumo. Beastmaster and thief are on calm duty.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Ethiser posted:

First time doing the Fiesta and so far I've got Thief and Berserker. Any advice besides grind?

Cry a little bit?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

That's Run 2 down

wasn't going to bother with Omega with this team.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Depends on the team. I usually finish around 40 on most teams. If you have a white mage or mystic knight, you can beat it a lot earlier.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

So what would you consider the slowest possible Chaos 750 team? Because I got TIM/WHM/RED/TIM>GEO, and holy poo poo I'm dreading trying to slog through world 2 and 3 with this team. Yeah, it's a triple crown, but at the cost of my sanity.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Chrono, Robo, Ayla. Team punch mans go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

How is the mobile port? Is it as bad as the ff5 one?

• Locked thread