Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Didn't participate last year, but I'm up for it this year. Bring on the Berserkers! :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Remember, Liquid Flame's HP is equal to 2 Ice rods.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The fiesta is almost here. :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHbYIbleQP8

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

InfernoBlade posted:

And I just kicked some money in the can. All I know is I want berserkers. And I want #BERSERKERRISK to be #GUARANTEEDBERSERKER

Bless you. Both for a big donation, and for granting people the joy of Berserkers. :unsmigghh:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

So there was apparently a pledge last year to kill Neo Exdeath with a Skull Eater. Which was unfortunately impossible due to the fact Skull Eaters only had 1 HP, and that Goliath Tonics didn't even work on enemies. Well, good news:

Goliath Tonics work on enemies in the mobile version, meaning that Skull Eaters can be tamed. :getin:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 8, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

You can't even use Reflect in mobile, right, since he'll counter a reflected Scan with Return?

Omniscient doesn't have access to Libra in mobile. It got replaced with Thunder instead. (Probably a bug fix since he doesn't have access to it in the other versions.) Using Libra on him doesn't do anything either.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Heads up if you're thinking about fighting Omega in the iOS version, the number of counters it can pull off has been increased to 4 at max per action (though 1 damage instance only provokes 2 counters.) Better time those 10 frame stops right if you're using Rapid Fire!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

If you're playing the iOS version of the game (you maniac), you don't need Thief for the Sealed Temple. The part you originally needed them for got adjusted to be a lot more lenient, to the point where you pretty much don't need Sprint to get past it.

You should still not bother with the Sealed Temple.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

FF5 is my favorite Final Fantasy due to the sheer number of ways you could go about a boss fight. Sure you can always slug it out if you have to, but there's always something you can do to make the fight much easier. (With regards to a normal playthrough, mind you. Fiesta runs do not have that privilege since they're stuck with 4 jobs at most.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Red Dragons are undead. Death spells fully heal them. Though I'm not sure why it didn't reflect the proc with its permareflect.

Red Dragons don't start out with Reflect.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

At this point, the Berserker Tree is pretty much being placed under a waterfall.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Asimov posted:

Right... shoes not rings. Are there other good accessory alternatives? I am aware of the elemental absorption items but haste seems like a pretty solid choice in general.

Elven Mantles are pretty top tier for most of the game since they provide a 33% chance to nullify physical attacks. Reflect Rings are also good accessories for certain portions due to the initial Reflect status it gives you.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Sadly yes, none of that works on the mobile/Steam version.

:psyduck: I'm still amazed something this huge just got discovered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Finally got around to starting my own run. Let's do this. :getin:

• Locked thread