Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Add my vote up for a discord!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Everyone's forgetting the real question: how will Buttz decide to name himself this year?!?!?!

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Any naming schemes still going on, or that will be on for a while? Gotta find a proper name for buttz

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Thanks to Lurdiak, I'm discovering a whole new meaning to the game.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Gonna continue my run later today. A question popped up: any particular missable I need to be wary of on my way to a three crown? I know this game is heavily item based and I just want to know if there's anything that you could miss and be unable to come back and get, in the case I hit a wall.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

derra posted:

What's your team?

Dunno yet. Thief and Mystic Knight so far. Gonna get my third class tonight.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

derra posted:

Mystic Knight is enough to Triple Crown, but by itself it's not too pretty. A berserk source for Shinryu is more vital here than disable for Omega IMO. There are missable things in W1 but none of them are vital. Probably the most important thing is a song from Lix if you get a Bard (and get Romeos in that other town in the NW corner while you're at it). I always get the Ribbon, Main Gauche and the Elven Cloak from the castle escape sequence, but with a MK once again not strictly necessary.

The best equipment in this game is generally farmable, purchasable or is found at the end of the game and not permanently missable.

Post again when you have your final party and I can give better feedback.

noted! Thanks.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

derra posted:

Mystic Knight is enough to Triple Crown, but by itself it's not too pretty. A berserk source for Shinryu is more vital here than disable for Omega IMO. There are missable things in W1 but none of them are vital. Probably the most important thing is a song from Lix if you get a Bard (and get Romeos in that other town in the NW corner while you're at it). I always get the Ribbon, Main Gauche and the Elven Cloak from the castle escape sequence, but with a MK once again not strictly necessary.

The best equipment in this game is generally farmable, purchasable or is found at the end of the game and not permanently missable.

Post again when you have your final party and I can give better feedback.

So.. uhm : Thief, Mystic Knight, Ninja and Samurai :downs: That feels very lukewarm.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

derra posted:

Not much to worry about *missing* with that team, but it's certainly not the easiest to Triple Crown with (but still reasonably possible):

1) You have no way to disable Omega, so you have to fight him through his attack routine. Chicken Knife Thundaga Sword halves his evasion so you have a 53% chance to hit and will do max damage.
2) Fortunately, you have Thief, so you can grab the Genji Helm as well as the armor. Both block Confusion. So, make sure you trigger the Gilgamesh fight in Exdeath's Castle, and steal the Helm from him there, then steal the armor from him in the Necrophobe fight. Use the "Status immunities last one more battle than they are supposed to" bug to get confuse immunity on your whole team when you go up against Omega.
3) You will need levels and elixirs to beat him. Come with float pre--cast (confuse Poison Eagles with the Dancing Dagger and give them an Ether). Aegis Shields on your shield users, attack after Wave Cannon, hope your MK doesn't get hit with Encircle. Sometimes you will instantly die from Atomic Ray, that's Omega!
4) For Shinryu you're going to need Coral Rings, unfortunately, and to kill him "normally". At least the Masamune katana casts Haste when used in battle, so you have access to that.
5) Once again, higher level is better but not divisible by 2 or 3, you will need elixirs. Not sure if Ice Shields or Aegis are preferred here; I rarely have had to fight him without berserk, reflecting zombies or massive damage (Dragon Lance, Apollo Harp).

Just about any other potential roadblock boss can be dealt with by a MK sword or by tossing more money at it.

Thank a lot for this info post. So far I feel what's going to be hard is the lack of heals. Unless there is a nice place to farm for elixirs at some point. The floating palace was kind enough with them.

Also wow did the game take a new direction once you enter the second world. I hope it keeps up the ante.

Is the Gilgamesh fight later or was it the one before freeing the crew? Fought him once and pretty sure I stole something from him successfully last night, but can't remember what it was. I do it to every bosses. Force of habit from FFIX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Oh and about the chicken knife: it's 255 run/flee/escape to get it to max correct? Can you go over that number and is there a way to view the amount of times you ran? If yes and no I'll just start counting now.

• Locked thread