Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Last year, I would have gone for two Triple Crowns but I decided to throw away a Dancer on my 2nd run.

I'm definitely gonna try for a Berserker. Two weeks until I can tweet Gilgabot, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, he's gotta be joking. Samurai are great, they're basically knights with katanas instead of swords, and can throw money at problems to make them go away. Phoenix Tower is only worth it if you have a summoner, or really want to grind on magic pots. And the Flame Shield is a good choice if you don't have an easy way to heal against the crystal fight, but other than that, Aegis is the way to go.

An actual helpful tip for newbies: If you get Blue Magic you can roll over most of the game with a little work, but also the Blue Magic "Goblin Punch" is ridiculously useful for most of the game. Especially if you grab Excalipoor.

Also nine times out of ten: Consider the Chicken Knife when faced with the choice of either that or the Brave Sword, unless you have a reason why you want the sword.

The reason being is that in early-game runs, running away might be a good idea with your team comp.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Oop, misread the question.

Wonder when Four Geomancer Fiesta becomes official.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I haven't used the job fair, and I have a question. Just theoretically, if one were completely insane and masochistic, would it be possible to intentionally job fair into quadzerkers?

If you got the dosh and the heart to donate to kids, by all means quadzerk away. Or find that secret command if you so desire.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Poque posted:

Woooooo it's back!

there's no chance I do 10 runs again this year but I look forward to a reg700 purechaos berserkerrisk first run

This but probably without the 750 parse. As fun as it is, boy howdy do I not want Quadzerk Happy Fun Times.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Also it's looking like actually tweeting at Gilgabot, etc. won't be a necessary thing this year:

https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/863359878659588096

Pretty exciting!

Wow the future looks amaze balls.

Which makes my practice run of BlackMage/RedMage/Bard/Chemist seem not so grand.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Khisanth Magus posted:

I traditionally play on my phone with My Boy.

I want to learn how to do this.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

I'm going to recommend you only emulate on your phone if you have external storage capability. Roms and saves will eat up your memory fast. Anyways, MyBoy! is easy enough to find in app stores. I have the free version, which doesn't have the bells and whistles, like savestates or whatever, but that's okay. It's pretty straightforward, and phone emulators usually assume you're going to control the games via touch screen overlay (usually transparent), though I've discovered that even better is to buy a bluetooth gamepad (they aren't expensive) as most emulators are compatible with them. I recommend one that comes with a clip to secure your phone to the pad, as that's easier than trying to juggle the two.

And I forgot to mention I'm on iOS. So chances are, I gotta dig a bit deeper?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Khisanth Magus posted:

Oh, you may be screwed then. It looks like Apple doesn't allow emulators on the app store, and does their best to patch out whatever methods the emulator makers find to get them installed.

Sounds like there is one called GBA4ios that may be working in its 2.1 version right now that you can install, just not through the ios store.

Found it. For reference, what does revocation mean? Just the app could stop working?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

jyrque posted:

No I mean look at the content. Looks like it mixed up my initial post draft together with my actual post. That's weird.

re: mod talk, if Fiestamod is only useful for chaos then I guess I'll pass on it.

Chaos, Pure Chaos, and BERZERKER RISK runs could use the Fiestamod.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Random Zerk Risk for me. First run's gonna be on SNES. Will Triple Crown if cards align properly.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Would chaos, I did chaos on my first run. But welcome, brother!

I did Chaos my first run. Gilgabot gave me a Triple Crown team.

The moral is Chaos is always funderful.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Supremezero posted:

I think Mime/Freelancer was Earth only, like Job Fair, though I might be remembering wrong.

Weird thought. Say you get 5th job with it being Freelancer, and you mastered your earth job (which, for the sake of argument, is Ninja).

You get Ninja's benefits for being a freelancer. Stat boosts and free Dual Wield. There's nothing you can do about that.

So, uh, what do, I wonder.

Clearly you master all four jobs before Krile.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

ber/zer/ker/time

Can you even quickleak the sand worm though.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

oldskool posted:

If this was your goal you should've spoken up before the five thousand dollar donation that mandated 4 tablets

:stonk: Without a white mage, gently caress that.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Just as a note for current numbers: we are at 726 'zerkers in the tree, and 490 riskers. Which means that unless things change, every risker will have at least 1 guaranteed, and most will have 2 guaranteed.

Welp, see ya at SandWormFort :shepface:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

The Run is now locked as White Mage/Berserker/Beastmaster/Dragoon. Mikl, does this mean we're on for your toxx? :)

That... I kinda wanna do that for Mikl's toxx. Not sure if Rug Wizard can be done with this but gently caress IT I'LL TRY IT ANYWAY. Might consider a toxx meself concerning Rug Wizard.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Supremezero posted:

You Berserk him and then spam blink.

Unless you're on loving mobile where he counters with return even when berserked for some stupid reason

I ain't doin' no version past GBA. Unless PSX is like GBA but on PSX.

Also when you say spam Blink, do you mean "give him Blink" or give yourself Blink.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Supremezero posted:

Why would you give him blink.

I don't loving know. Weirdness sets in round Fiesta times.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

gently caress it, gonna do this maybe for my first run. That or SNES version.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I think I'm starting to "get" this whole fiesta thing.

Are you sure? Your Zerk was alive going into Liquid Flame. Unless that was a ber/zer/ker run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Maleketh posted:

I checked the patch's readme, and it turns out it absolutely has this issue on VBA, and no, it won't be fixed. What a laughably lovely patch.

Fortunately, I am way ahead of ya.

Music restore soonish I think.

• Locked thread