Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Wasn't Dr Tot also in memory of Mega64's at the time abandoned FFIX LP? Obviously this year's name pledge should be Mario. Alternatively Frnkly since he and Tot are basically the same character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

My chaos risk run is starting with... a chemist. I... I almost feel cheated. This was my first time risking. I wanted a horrible slog, not a free triple crown! :argh: Oh well, I've never actually bothered using chemist before, so it should still be interesting at least.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Rapid Fire ignores evasion! There's nothing at all wrong with this plan. No, sir.

Seriously though, my list is Bard, Chemist, Beastmaster, Time Mage (quickleak), Black Mage (reflect 3x Thundaga) and that's it. Are there other relatively easy methods I don't know about?

In theory, Ninja+any class that can equip a dual-wield compatible weapon that gets past Omega's defenses can get it done. I don't know if it's documented in any guides, but during last year's fiesta I discovered that if you attack with two weapons and the second weapon does no damage, you avoid triggering Omega's counter script, although I'm not sure if this still works if the second attack misses, and obviously, Omega isn't Stopped, so you still have to deal with the rest of his script. Off the top of my head, the classes that can do this are: Knight, Blue Mage, Red Mage, Mystic Knight (coral sword); Dragoon (trident); Berserker (axes); and Dancer (chicken dance). Also any rod using class I guess, but most of them have better ways of dealing with Omega anyway. In practice, though, I think the only way to do this while also bypassing Omega's evasion is chicken dancing.

Fake edit: Wait, poo poo, can you dual wield bells? If so, Geomancer+Ninja should actually make for a fairly painless Omega kill. Bells have the song attribute, aka the reason Bards can always land Stop on Omega, and the Rune Chime a) uses the damage formula for axes and b) has just enough attack power that you can actually deal damage as long as the swinginess factor doesn't bite you in the rear end. Surprise, Geomancers are Good (in this super niche use case).

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I vaguely remember whoever was doing the Brave Blade incentive saying that they would keep donating for late arrivals as long as they were triple crowns. No big deal if that's no longer the case, but if it is I've got one to add to the pile:

Ended up going with a blessed kiss strat for Omega after burning way too much of my drug stash letting him go through his script on my first attempt. Was overleveled for most of the game, but such is the nature of a brave blade run.

Doom Goon posted:

Okay! I'm doubling this :toxx: again from last time to $1 per goon who finishes a Randomizer run before the end (up to $20 total). I also meant to post this a few days ago (whoops!) so I'll extend it a few days as well. Check the post.

Now I think I'll see if I can't knock one of these out in a week, since it took me two drat months to get around to finishing this run.

• Locked thread