Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RitzBlues
May 30, 2014
So glad that this event is back! I'll be using the fiesta mod. Last year I liked the idea of dragoons, but they're pretty weak sauce throughout the game. Thankfully Black Mage made decent use out of !Lancet. See you goons on Discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RitzBlues
May 30, 2014

My first ever Triple Crown!

Thanks Basch for taking a beating like a champ!

#RegPureChaos #FifthJob #BERSERKERRISK :black101:

I used the Fiesta Mod GBA version, and started with BRD/BER/ZER/KER. Starting the game as a Bard before learning any songs is not much fun. There were many times where W1 Bards had all of the weaknesses of Thieves, with none of the benefits. !Hide was the only saving grace. !Hide was extremely useful for dodging Siren's Undead phase, draining all of Magissa's mana before summoning Forza.
:black101: :black101: :black101:
Berserkers were a warm welcome until about halfway through W2, when reflected death procs became more of a nuisance than a benefit.
After getting Fifthjob (WHI), I also dropped a dollar to snag Beastmaster at this point so I could kill NED with a Zomberker.

Omega was easily Romeo locked, and Shinryu couldn't hit a thing. Bards are by far my favorite class to have completely pimped out in W2 and beyond. I know Chemists can ROFLstomp everything, but there's something nice about not really having to manage inventory or farm !mix reagents.

I killed Exdeath/NED by having a zombified berserker with Fire Lash, Aegis Shield, and Reflect Ring at the start of the fight, and had the other 3 party members !Hide until the fight was over. Using fast-forward to speed things up a bit, the fight took about 1 hour.

That was fun, but I think I'll bow out until next year. Streaming made the game harder to work into my schedule, and I don't think I can complete another one before the end of August. I'll register again, just to see what jobs I get, but no promises.

RitzBlues
May 30, 2014

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Will a zombie monk, or a zombie beserker with !counter, still counterattack enemies that hit them? or does being a zombie disable !counter?

Great question! I have no idea. If it does, then the same trick would apply for Monks/!Counter characters. The only trouble is, NED is primarily a caster, so it'll take a bit longer, depending on what triggers !Counters. Reflect ring would be optional too.

RitzBlues
May 30, 2014

Poque posted:

Early job unlocking...bad???

A few jobs that the Fiesta Mod/cheat codes would unlock are terribly weak before their intended crystals:

Bard's only boon is !Hide which can be used to exhaust the mp of early bosses like Siren, Magissa, and Liquid Flame, and they have a downright hellish time fighting Garula (or Adamantoise I've heard).
Chemist doesn't get turtle shells until after Garula, but at least they can buff and heal decently until then.
Summoner will have a rough time with Siren.

On the other hand, some classes steamroll World 1 from the get go:

Samurai is crazy strong throughout world 1. (:10bux: :10bux: :10bux:)
Dancer can confuse lock so many of the early bosses.

Freelancer is on the strong end of the early game spectrum, as they can use any equipment, and break rods for early bosses like Magissa, Liquid Flame, and Byblos.

The nice thing about PureChaos is that Gilgabot could very well give you a Freelancer from the start anyway.

RitzBlues
May 30, 2014

ultrafilter posted:

...Have I missed anyone who's already done this?

My third run was #PureChaos #Upgrade Beastmaster -> Dancer -> Berserker -> Monk

It was definitely challenging, as Beastmaster was the only class with enough options to make these fights happen. !Calm lock, and waiting for melee crits took down Omega. Mammon + GalaJelly (Which required 3x Dragon Aevis releases to !Catch) releases made Shinryu doable with a pile of Phoenix Downs, and 4x Dragon Aevis + Magic Lamp + Equip Ribbon immunity glitch made NED possible. Monk is NOT a good choice for a final job in #Upgrade.

Doom Goon posted:

Okay! I'm doubling this :toxx: again from last time to $1 per goon who finishes a Randomizer run before the end (up to $20 total). I also meant to post this a few days ago (whoops!) so I'll extend it a few days as well.

This was so much fun, and was incredibly easy! Extra Spicy gives a few too many job options. May want to restrict this to a One Job Fiesta for future Extra Spicy runs.

Faris Ended up becoming the de facto Bard of the group when she got !Sing very late in the game.

Faris White Mage
Default: !Zeninage
Skill 0: 30 Berserk
Skill 1: 60 !Calm
Skill 2: 85 !Spellblade 4
Skill 3: 180 !Summon 4
Skill 4: 370 !Summon 5

Faris Beastmaster
Default: !Flirt
Skill 0: 30 Light Step
Skill 1: 70 !Red 2
Skill 2: 110 !Time 3
Skill 3: 200 !Time 5
Skill 4: 350 !Iainuki

Faris Dragoon
Default: !Flee
Skill 0: 25 Shell
Skill 1: 45 !Guard
Skill 2: 80 !Summon 3
Skill 3: 160 Two-Handed
Skill 4: 280 Equip Whip

Faris Summoner
Default: !Black 6
Skill 0: 30 Find Pits
Skill 1: 60 !Check
Skill 2: 90 Shirahadori
Skill 3: 180 !Sing
Skill 4: 360 !Drink

I had a really tough time figuring out what to do with Lenna all game until she finally learned Equip Swords (Hello Brave Blade) and later !Rapid Fire with Holy Lance.

Lenna White Mage
Default: !Drink
Skill 0: 25 !Summon 1
Skill 1: 75 !Time 2
Skill 2: 125 !Time 3
Skill 3: 175 HP +30%
Skill 4: 300 Artful Dodger

Lenna Beastmaster
Default: !Mineuchi
Skill 0: 20 Find Pits
Skill 1: 60 !Flirt
Skill 2: 100 Barehanded
Skill 3: 160 Equip Rods
Skill 4: 250 Equip Whip

Lenna Dragoon
Default: !Recover
Skill 0: 25 Berserk
Skill 1: 60 !Summon 2
Skill 2: 105 !Summon 3
Skill 3: 170 Equip Axe
Skill 4: 270 Equip Sword

Lenna Summoner
Default: !White 6
Skill 0: 20 Find Passages
Skill 1: 60 !Calm
Skill 2: 90 !Steal
Skill 3: 190 !Blue
Skill 4: 360 !Rapidfire

Boldz achieved godlike status when combining innate !Time 6 with !White 6 - Quick Holy all of the things! Early game was a snap with !Zeninage.

Boldz White Mage
Default: !Zeninage
Skill 0: 20 Find Passages
Skill 1: 60 !Black 2
Skill 2: 95 MP +30%
Skill 3: 150 !Spellblade 5
Skill 4: 400 !Drink

Boldz Beastmaster
Default: !Aim
Skill 0: 20 Sprint
Skill 1: 75 !Aim
Skill 2: 105 !Focus
Skill 3: 180 !Time 5
Skill 4: 420 !Black 6

Boldz Dragoon
Default: !Revive
Skill 0: 15 !Summon 1
Skill 1: 40 !Kick
Skill 2: 95 First Strike
Skill 3: 190 !Black 5
Skill 4: 400 !Zeninage

Boldz Summoner
Default: !Time 6
Skill 0: 15 HP +10%
Skill 1: 65 !Mineuchi
Skill 2: 95 !Black 4
Skill 3: 190 !Animals
Skill 4: 350 !White 6

Galuf/Krile was another character that had everything: !White 6, innate !Iainuki, !Spellblade 6, and !Call to name a few. Next time I get a summoner, I'm skipping the magic shop summons, and only getting the battle summons to make !Call that much better.

Galuf/Krile White Mage
Default: !Iainuki
Skill 0: 25 Shell
Skill 1: 70 !Lance
Skill 2: 95 !White 4
Skill 3: 190 !White 5
Skill 4: 410 !Black 6

Galuf/Krile Beastmaster
Default: !Calm
Skill 0: 20 !Black 1
Skill 1: 60 !Mineuchi
Skill 2: 95 Equip Katana
Skill 3: 180 !Animals
Skill 4: 430 !Summon 5

Galuf/Krile Dragoon
Default: !Kick
Skill 0: 20 Cover
Skill 1: 55 !Black 2
Skill 2: 100 !Focus
Skill 3: 170 !Call
Skill 4: 270 Equip Harp

Galuf/Krile Summoner
Default: !Drink
Skill 0: 30 !Spellblade 1
Skill 1: 75 !Recover
Skill 2: 120 Barehanded
Skill 3: 190 Equip Rods
Skill 4: 420 !Spellblade 6

Ok, no more :words:. Carry on with your fiestas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RitzBlues
May 30, 2014
Extra Spicy could also work well with a #Natural for balance purposes.

Any goons planning on streaming a finale to celebrate another fine summer of FJF?

RitzBlues fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 23, 2017

• Locked thread