Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh poo poo, I accidentally unbookmarked the megathread and almost missed this. I dunno if I'll be terribly active on the IRC this year though, I've gotten into Discord in a big way since last and two chat programs at once is a bit much to juggle.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 12:55 on May 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

What if I'm perfectly happy with how the party I was given plays for 90% of the game except this one early boss? Am I supposed to use the :siren:JOB FAIR:siren: to change my party for that one fight, then again to change back afterwards?

The guy who runs the drat thing accepts screenshots of Exdesth that prove the runner's been using the mod. If he's fine with it, why shouldn't you be?

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 08:26 on May 19, 2017

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I intended to hop into the IRC to say this without making GBS threads up the thread but it's the end of my day and I didn't get around to it - the Discord API is pretty easy to use, has libraries in whichever language you'd want. Porting Carby shouldn't be too difficult a task, and I'd even offer to help in any way I can (though you probably don't want me touching actual code :v:).

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ultrafilter posted:

What the hell, I'll make a pledge too. The general consensus is that the most overpowered jobs are Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Bard/Chemist, so let's see what y'all can do without them. I'll throw in $10 for every goon who triple crowns with none of those jobs. No upper limit, but that's every goon, not every run.

Might want to include Time Mage in that list since it makes the crown completely free with quickleak and patience.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I asked RK about the 5th Job Freelancer thing, and uh

https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/871929999212793857

I guess I'll take that as a "do whatever".

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You can't even use Reflect in mobile, right, since he'll counter a reflected Scan with Return?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You spam blink on yourself, since Rugwizard's physicals hit like a freight train full of bricks. It just means he can't reset.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Anyone have any tips for the Dragon Grass on this run? All of those status effects are a huge pain in the rear end and I don't think I have any way of stopping them. Beastmaster can kill some with a capture, but they keep respawning.

It's vulnerable to death, which the Berserker can inflict if you picked up a Death Sickle in W1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Shwqa posted:

So far my pure chaos run is sam/ber/geo/???

I'm not using the fiesta patch. I'm not looking forward to the library :negative:

!Gaia is all Fire attacks in the Library, Geo is actually pretty decent for Byblos.

----

I think I'll do a 750 run, I've never gotten to play with a bunch of cool mage jobs before - especially at Wind, since Risk replaces them.

Oh. :shepicide:

• Locked thread