Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Yorkshire Tea posted:

If I didn't have the Fiesta mod I wouldn't do the Fiesta. Last year I managed to raise £20 for charity with the Rush challenge.

So logically as long as the mod means more people run and makes them more likely to donate, complaints that you're taking money away from charity fall flat.

What's the Rush challenge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

:doh: I was even there for that. Thanks!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

With cheese biscuits AND mashed potatoes!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I haven't used the job fair, and I have a question. Just theoretically, if one were completely insane and masochistic, would it be possible to intentionally job fair into quadzerkers?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Brave Blade 4ever

A strange cipher. Never seen '4' used in place of 'N' before

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

PREREG IS UP NOW, GET IN THERE

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/870026361448132611

#fifthjob doesn't look too interesting to me.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I am hella PEEVED posted:

As someone who got a non risk Double Dragoon Double Berserker, a bit of variety is nice.

Not that it matters, as we're probably going to end up with 3-4 Zerkers per risk.

:getin:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I feel like this belongs here too

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

So we're a little less than $500 under guaranteed 2-berserkers? :getin:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I thought risk overrides no-dupes? Do I need to change from purechaos to chaos?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Haha, two of the players simultaneously fighting a Mecha Head and actual Omega :allears:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

GO GO GO

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Someone in the Discord got pentazerk.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Sam/BER/ZER/KER.

Honored to get to experience trizerkers, hope to never do it again. Or at least to have a job other than Zerker before sandworm :gonk:

(Also this is another Basch on the pile.)

Olive! fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 19, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Blastinus posted:

If you can break rods, it's a good class. Don't worry about it.

Geomancer is awful

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Maleketh posted:

Due in part to being unable to break rods.

Then why are they in the 750 set?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Sooo... my run that I submitted Victory for almost 24 hours ago is still awaiting verification. There are people more recent than me who have been verified. Is there a problem? Do I need to try again? Do I need to stop worrying about it?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Is this a screenshot resizing problem or did you actually play through the whole game like that

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

DoubleCakes posted:

Edit: I think this is a fair time to point out that mGBA only saves one screen capture at a time. Every time you use the screenshot command, it rewrites the old one. Otherwise I would have taken the shot at the end of the final battle-- 'tis proper!

Not for me :shrug: but I'm not on the latest version.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Geomancer is awful

I guess Gilgabot heard me.

"popular"

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Did You Know?

The 8th floor of Barrier Tower has a hole here!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Thus concludes my second run of the year, #regpopular #fifthjob. Galuf's job was monk. Good riddance.

Twas a butt for Lurdiak...

And a Brave Blade for Bad Seafood. Too bad I could never use it.

e: oh, and here's a bonus 420

Olive! fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 20, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I mean, the actual !spellblade command counts as magic. It's the hitting him that doesn't.

e:f,b

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

KataraniSword posted:

I mean, you still can, but you're knowingly double-hindering yourself (gotta fight all those battles + got weaker equip) for a charity toxx.

Weaker in the sense that less jobs can use it? Because I thought Brave Blade was more powerful than Chicken Knife.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Aerdan posted:

You cannot ever run if you want a full-power Brave Blade. Ever. And most people will have run enough times that a full-power Chicken Knife would be an improvement.
Yes, I know how the Brave Blade works, I even got it on my last run. Anyone doing it for the toxx would be getting the full power Brave Blade.

Aerdan posted:

More than that, the Chicken Knife benefits from both Strength and Agility, which means it can potentially be even more powerful than the Ragnarok.
Can you elaborate more on this? I don't know enough about the mechanics to know when this would apply.

fits posted:

also you need knight or freelancer to equip brave blade, whereas chicken knife can be used by everything but monk or white mage

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Weaker in the sense that less jobs can use it

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

GMArcturus posted:

So I'm guessing hitting level 27 and savestating in front of Byblos would be optimal strategy. Savestating in case he does put Protect early and start the "Drain Game". I plan on doing my huge grind to 40 with the Mini Dragons. I can fight them before Sandworm, right?

Absolutely. I think I managed to do Byblos at 26? Obviously luck is a big part of it. Had to go to 43 for the worm though.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

Ayyy. That's exactly why I'm doing this Toxx.
Saved this from my last run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Rirse posted:

What the best AP place in World 3. I think it was some stingrays, but forgot if there is a better option. The drawback of having red mage is a LOT of AP is needed for it final rank, and since I got a white mage, I do want that dual cast.

Movers?

• Locked thread