Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
The Fiesta's almost here, hooray! I even bought a GBA cart this year, so I can Fiesta on the go! Although not having fast forward might kill my motivation to do repeat runs. I might switch to the SNES version halfway through the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjEI2SzEYh4

Also, not necessarily fiesta related, but I always take this time of the year to pimp Sullla's site, mostly the final fantasy section (http://www.sullla.com/FF/finalfantasy.html). The man is a Final Fantasy V master, and proof that you can complete the fiesta with pretty much any class, given that he's solo-d the game with each class alone (Minus Mime and Berserker). He does really interesting write-ups on the challenges, too.

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!

KataraniSword posted:

"Welp, time to get ready for sandworm," he said, pulling Lenna behind the toolshed with a 12-gauge.

"Tell me about the Moogles, Buttz"

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!

FreeKillB posted:

Cool, I learned something new

This happened in Yaga's run, when he inadvertently activated the glitch and then couldn't berserk Lenna when fighting Omega.

e: From voice chat, Jenja didn't have the lamp set up for Neo Exdeath, oops.
e2: Actually maybe he had it set to Leviathan and thought that was Syldra? Listening to them trying to piece things together over voice chat is pretty funny.

So if I'm reading this right, that means that you can pass the Aegis shield around during battle and retain its status immunities for the rest of the battle? That would make White Hole a lot less threatening if you have a good amount of people who can use shields.

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
Gilgabot was really worrying me for a minute. My jobs kept getting worse, from Knight to Red Mage to Geomancer, but then I got Chemist at Earth for the first time ever! Am I able to Triple Crown if the only redeeming part of my party is a Chemist? I've never done it before and I'd love to give it a try.

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
https://i.imgur.com/2oSMEWm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5BO3Swp.jpg
i'm a brave boy

Maybe I was doing it wrong, but despite having a Chemist, it was weirdly my Geomancer and Knight pulling the weight in random encounters and boss fights, respectively. Chemist buffed them up and gave them tools for success, but wasn't as useful on its own. I was probably missing something obvious. Buffing up to level 99 and hitting the damage cap with the Brave Blade was fun, though!

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
I just got Mystic Knight for the first time in a Fiesta, and I feel like either I'm misunderstanding something or the GBA version is different. Status effect spellblades are supposed to hit 100% of the time as long as the enemy isn't immune and you hit, right? I was fighting Purobolos and I wasn't able to land Silence consistently. I was using an Ancient Sword and a Coral Sword, if that matters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
So, my team for my second run is White Mage/Mystic Knight/Beastmaster/Dancer, and despite having a few fairly powerful classes, I still feel pretty weak? White Mage is amazing at keeping me alive, and I'm sure that Holy will nuke people when I get it, but Mystic Knight is starting to disappoint me. Break Blade is godly in random encounters, but takes a turn to set up, and a lot of bosses are immune to whatever sword magic I have, making the Mystic Knight feel like a less powerful Knight in a lot of fights. Beastmaster is kind of tedious to use, even with the gourd, but whips are nice for a team as squishy as mine. Dancer has the highest damage potential on my team, but it is incredibly squishy.

Are there any synergies I'm missing? White Mage seems to be barely holding this team together, even though the individual parts should be really powerful.

• Locked thread