Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

ZiegeDame posted:

Yet another year I find myself wishing there was a mode where I could sign up for 5 consecutive runs with no duplicate jobs. Which got be thinking of a fun bit of theory crafting to kill time until the fiesta starts.

If you had to complete 5 separate runs using each job once and only once, how would you distribute those jobs?

I got as far as:
Time Mage, , ,
Beastmaseter, , ,
Bard, , ,
Chemist, , ,
Mystic Knight, Ranger, ,

This gives each team a shot at beating Omega. You'd probably want to stuff all the lovely jobs with Chemist, because even a Geomancer can use Mix.

What does everyone else think?

Here's what I would take:

Monk, Thief, Geomancer, Chemist

This team manages to clear World 1 without too much trouble other than a bit of grinding levels. Geomancer and Monk actually cover each other's weaknesses pretty well (until they both fall off a cliff in terms of usefulness, but by then you have Chemist). Thief providing high potions for effective, if tedious, healing rounds it all out.

Blue Mage, Berserker, Beast Master, Dragoon

Blue Mage and Beast Master are besties while Dragoon and Berserker tag along. The Dragoon gets to be a second Blue caster and can be used for Catch shenanigans.

White Mage, Mystic Knight, Ranger, Dancer

Mystic Knight and Ranger for late game fire power, Dancer gets to be a second White Mage and White Mage gets to equip a ribbon.

Knight, Summoner, Ninja, Bard
Knight gets to sing, Bard gets to sing, and Ninja and Summoner throw overpowered scrolls everywhere. I might even take the Brave Blade since killing everything along the way should be fairly convenient.

Black Mage, Red Mage, Time Mage, Samurai

I just blow everything the gently caress up. Samurai comes along to look menacing and help with the Tower of Power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread