Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

fadam posted:

Is this revisionist "BvS was good, actually" history new or what

I like BvS, I guess I must have spontaneously popped into existence just now to further the agenda against people with good taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jutsuka
Jun 5, 2011

For fucks sake. Can we not poo poo up this thread rehashing this again?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
DARKSEID IS very upset

Jutsuka
Jun 5, 2011

DO NOT TEST MY PATIENCE.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Who is suppose to be the villain in Justice League?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

I said come in! posted:

Who is suppose to be the villain in Justice League?

Steppenwolf, collecting the Mother Boxes for Darkseid

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

Steppenwolf, collecting the Mother Boxes for Darkseid

He is being played by Ciarán Hinds! This makes me very happy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I wonder if she's ever going to actually hit anyone with her sword or if she's going to do the Masters of the Universe 1987 thing where she swings it around in every battle but never draws blood, because that poo poo is ridiculous.

I guess the massive reaction to Batman killing people in BvS gave them second thoughts but they'd already established that she carries a sword so they were stuck with it. And maybe she slices and dices her way through a whole bunch of dudes but they just held off on showing that in the trailers.

I guess we'll find out either way on the 31st!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Wonder Woman's been more willing to kill than other Justice League heroes for a while, but who knows if that matters for movies.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm just hoping they don't sanitize the the war. It's well and good they she tries not to kill people but it's World War 1 and a lot of kids who signed up for adventure were forced to kill one another. A good way of losing faith in humanity while fight in a poo poo rear end war that doesn't solve anything.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

at the very least they're gonna have to show enough of ww1's shittiness for her to go 'man gently caress the outside world' until the modern day to make sense

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I wonder if she's ever going to actually hit anyone with her sword or if she's going to do the Masters of the Universe 1987 thing where she swings it around in every battle but never draws blood, because that poo poo is ridiculous.

I guess the massive reaction to Batman killing people in BvS gave them second thoughts but they'd already established that she carries a sword so they were stuck with it. And maybe she slices and dices her way through a whole bunch of dudes but they just held off on showing that in the trailers.

I guess we'll find out either way on the 31st!

Rubber sword. Honest.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/866489304888950784

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Grendels Dad posted:

Rubber sword. Honest.

:xd: thanks for that.

I'm going to want to buy a ticket for this if for no other reason than to convince the movie industry that movies about women kicking rear end are worth making.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Jimbot posted:

I'm just hoping they don't sanitize the the war. It's well and good they she tries not to kill people but it's World War 1 and a lot of kids who signed up for adventure were forced to kill one another. A good way of losing faith in humanity while fight in a poo poo rear end war that doesn't solve anything.

It's PG-13 so they're not even going to get 1/10th of the misery onto the screen. You can expect some wood-lined trenches with dirty guys in them and a curiously corpse-free No Man's Land. I guarantee it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's PG-13 so they're not even going to get 1/10th of the misery onto the screen. You can expect some wood-lined trenches with dirty guys in them and a curiously corpse-free No Man's Land. I guarantee it.

If they retcon the German army into aliens or robots, then they can show blood.

They could also do one scene with a non-procreative backside nudity or one instance of gently caress that does not describe a sexual act.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

All the action scenes should be like when the Gods fight in Immortals.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Sure, I'm ready to see Chris Pine's rear end.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://riseofthewarrior.wonderwomanfilm.net/

Cute

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This is awesome. I've been saying for a while now I'd love a Wonder Woman action RPG game in the style of the God of War series. You can even use Kratos' chain mechanics for WW's lasso. Someone (Rocksteady Studios) make it please!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

God of War is not an rpg.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The upcoming one is. You level up your kid.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

Also the swinging chain mechanics have been done to death. Dante's Inferno, etc.

Jimbot posted:

The upcoming one is. You level up your kid.

How hard to I have to mash B during the mandatory sex scene in order to unlock "existential crisis" for my kid?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I more so meant a Wonder Woman game that's like Bloodborne/Dark Souls, but styled like God of War with similar combat mechanics.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I love the Souls formula, but the genre needs to cool off a bit. Get CDProjekt to do a Wonder Woman game in the style of Witcher 3.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Either or, I just want a Wonder Woman game where I can lasso fools and throw them through buildings. Bonus points if I can equip different armor, swords, and other weapons.

[edit]

Some history nerd pointed out that tank is a WW2-era allied Soviet tank, hehe. Still a great poster. If I had to hang one up in my office though, it'd be the one with her glowing lasso.

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 22, 2017

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BrianWilly posted:

Sure, I'm ready to see Chris Pine's rear end.

Too bad, you'll get Ares' rear end and you'll like it.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Actually, there's been quite a lot of talk that the movie hasn't been promoted heavily enough. So this is a weird, weird thing to say.

Doesn't actual data debunk this nonsense. They've spent a lot of money on it.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

How come BvS and Suicide Squad were allowed to be marketed into over-exposed turds that inundated viewers with plot points but Wonder Woman's campaign shows a modicum of trailer restraint?

Don't say WB learned anything, that can't be the case.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLlwgBuKymo

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/IMAX/status/867032884598771714

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

This is part of a triptych that I really want hanging on my home theater wall now.

https://twitter.com/IMAX/status/867033135455797249

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

teagone posted:

This is part of a triptych that I really want hanging on my home theater wall now.

https://twitter.com/IMAX/status/867033135455797249

I really don't get what they're going for with Wonder Woman looking off to the side while the other two look towards the camera.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Maybe in the movie Diana favors her aunt's more aggressive/headstrong attitude more than her mother's passive/reserved nature, and looks to her for guidance instead? Maybe Antiope is the one who convinces Diana to sneak out at night, take the lasso, shield, sword, armor, and head into the world of man.

[edit] I agree though, would have been cool if all three were facing forward. But I still like the set all the same.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

New review embargo lift date
https://twitter.com/rejects/status/867405966291161089

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Just got back from seeing a screening. Gonna post some quick thoughts. Ill put spoiler tags around em in case anyone is trying to go in completely blind.

• Boy howdy does this movie got quips. A lot of the jokes are similar to the fish out of water type stuff in the first Thor movie. Some of it lands, some of it doesn't. There are definitely some jokes that look like they might've gotten added in during reshoots or something though because they feel out of place with the rest of the movies humor. One in particular completely took me out of the movie for a solid minute.
  • The movie barely touches on how horrible WWI is and the most you really get is seeing some wounded people in like 2 different scenes. A lot of the dialogue between Diana and Steve in the beginning of the movie sets up this "War to end all wars" but we never actually get to see why. This was probably the most disappointing part for me.
  • The action scenes vary from fun to completely uninteresting to watch. When the movie gives you long shots of Diana just clowning on german soldiers left and right it's pretty entertaining. Any time she has to fight someone in a 1v1 the movie suffers because they just kind of do the "Up Close and Blurry with Lots of Cuts" thing and as a result it never really feels like shes laying into someone.
  • If you hated the doomsday fight from BvS you're gonna absolutely hate the final fight in this.

If anyone else wants me to go more into detail about it I can unless were trying to keep the thread completely spoiler free till release. If I had to give the movie a rating it'd be a 6 out of 10.

Ghosthotel fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 25, 2017

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yes please, anyone who has gone to a screening recently, please post your review/thoughts with spoiler tags on :)

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Ghosthotel posted:

If anyone else wants me to go more into detail about it I can unless were trying to keep the thread completely spoiler free till release. If I had to give the movie a rating it'd be a 6 out of 10.

I'm curious how much it does or does not connect to the other recent DC movies.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

It's pretty much a stand alone film except for some small stuff.

Very minor spoilers:

The movie starts off with Diana receiving the original copy of the WW1 photo as a gift from Bruce Wayne and that's pretty much as connected as it gets to the other movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Ghosthotel posted:

Just got back from seeing a screening. Gonna post some quick thoughts. Ill put spoiler tags around em in case anyone is trying to go in completely blind.

• Boy howdy does this movie got quips. A lot of the jokes are similar to the fish out of water type stuff in the first Thor movie. Some of it lands, some of it doesn't. There are definitely some jokes that look like they might've gotten added in during reshoots or something though because they feel out of place with the rest of the movies humor. One in particular completely took me out of the movie for a solid minute.
  • The movie barely touches on how horrible WWI is and the most you really get is seeing some wounded people in like 2 different scenes. A lot of the dialogue between Diana and Steve in the beginning of the movie sets up this "War to end all wars" but we never actually get to see why. This was probably the most disappointing part for me.
  • The action scenes vary from fun to completely uninteresting to watch. When the movie gives you long shots of Diana just clowning on german soldiers left and right it's pretty entertaining. Any time she has to fight someone in a 1v1 the movie suffers because they just kind of do the "Up Close and Blurry with Lots of Cuts" thing and as a result it never really feels like shes laying into someone.
  • If you hated the doomsday fight from BvS you're gonna absolutely hate the final fight in this.

Lay it on us brother! I wanna hear about the very bad joke and the very bad final boss.

• Locked thread