Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

BioEnchanted posted:

I'll try that, although I am using a headset so it'll take some fiddling to get a better distance. I'll do my best to fix it for the next part.

I might be horribly incorrect on this point but if your mic is bare, as in not foam covered, putting something over it might just alleviate the problem.
But that is me guessing somewhat because I haven't really done any recording myself for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The mic is bare so I'll experiment. Thanks for the tip.

OK, I've ordered some headset microphone covers so hopefully the next episode will sound better. The next episode will be a little later than the others have been though as they don't arrive until wednesday.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 17, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just to let you know what's going on - my Mic Covers have arrived and are helping nicely, but the next vid is going to take a couple more days - I'm baking the script tonight, but the edited version is still 34 minutes long (after cutting out 8 minutes of garbage) simply due to how much gets done. It'll bake tonight, then I'll comment after work tomorrow, and hopefully have it up on friday. :)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 13 - Farmville - 21.6% Complete

Finally another update - my shifts changed and so my workflow did too. Also had to wait on the mic covers - let me know if they worked :)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I loved the bit with the horses. For one thing, I always enjoy horses in video games. I had a rough time finding the horses again after this mission, though. For another, Honey talking about "feeding" the apple to his horse cracked me up. And finally, I had that exact Lego horse as a child! The white one with a red saddle. The whole farm segment is pretty great. Nice change of pace.

Your sound quality seemed fine to me!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
This lego game is probably my all time favorite just for the humor. Ride a horse backwards, get dynamite from vending machines, chicken gliding, and now stealing a robot dinosaur for a rampage through the city!

Wonder if Chase knows any polka music.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 25, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 14 - It Belongs Anywhere But In a Museum!- 22.7% Complete

Time to steal a T-Rex for Vinny Papalardo's Mystery Buyer... This'll be fun :D

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

This part was both amazing and disappointing. Amazing because gently caress yeah riding a giant robotic T-rex through town! Disappointing because you can't keep it. :(

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Don't worry, there are more fun things than riding the T-Rex coming up. Surprising but true.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
More set-spotting - the museum is full of references, thinking about it. The pirate ship is a blend of several pirate sets over the years; the bit with the robot submarine is a nod to the Aquazone range. That rail station BioEnchanted commented on is also a real set, that's why it's unusually detailed (although for some reason it's green where the original set is red), as was the Emerald Knight-with-a-K. That was a gorgeous set and it's nice to see it in "action".

The bit that really made me laugh was the ruined castle. It's been redone in stone and brickwork, presumably because Lego only wanted them to show sets that were currently in production, but it was recognisable as one of the old 80s castle sets!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 15 - When am I ever going to use this?- 24.1% Complete

In which we steal a firefighter boat for Vinny, and learn some new tools at the same time!

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Interestingly, tree theft is a real thing. A lot of wood (like ceder) is valuable enough that people will drive onto people's land in remote areas and chop them down in the middle of the night. Some states require sawmills to keep records of everything they cut so that police can track the thieves down.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

That random The Shining reference when you first get the axe cracked me up so bad I had to stop playing for a few minutes until I stopped laughing. It just caught me completely off guard.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 16 - Another rescue?- 25.4% Complete

We rescue Natalia at the hospital, and while we do get confirmation of our suspicions we also find things may run deeper than expected...

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

This feels like a point where you set up Vinnie to fail and plop Moe in his place. Because Blackwell is too cool dude to be robbed.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

I like the little visual gag of having vending machines for soda and coffee next to the dynamite one.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 17 - Magnates: How do they Work?- 31.0% Complete

We infiltrate Forrest Blackwell's Mansion and try to steal something valuable (But not too valuable :ohdear:) from our friendly neighbourhood entrepreneur.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Sentinels are so dorky.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 18 - Brainfreeze! - 32.3% Complete

We see how Vinnie is doing, and I learn something very entertaining!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I think I know what you're referring to in the next bit, and I am going to have to violently disagree with you, pre-emptively. :colbert:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Vinnie is probably the best mafia boss in any video game.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
That was the most adorable torture scene I have ever witnessed.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

I see the new video on youtube but I don't see new post here.
Is everything ok?

NHO fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 21, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I was uploading while at work to multitask, it's fine. I'll make the proper post in a bit I've literally just got back in.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

19 - Bad First Impressions - 33.9% Complete

In which we meet the character that I like the least, although I do like the joke at the end of the level. :3:

Edit: I cannot update the graphic in the second post right now as imgur seems to be having issues so that'll be later.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 21, 2017

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
The "girlie man" reference was actually from Hanz and Franz, the Saturday Night Live sketch parodying Arnold.

Spoilering the whole thing cause it kind of ruins a fun surprise in the video.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Delvio posted:

That was the most adorable torture scene I have ever witnessed.

The best part is that they set up for it during the Starsky and Hutch parody. LCU is pulling off a lot of cop show parodies with more aplomb than one might expect. The developers remembered that the parody still has to be good in its own right, and so far the results are pretty darn good.

(The crane is also a real lego set).

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Please tell me that bad celebrity impersonator won't be back.

(Yes, that was an intentional line.)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Don't worry, that's the last we've seen of him.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I still think Arnie guy is funny. :colbert:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 20 - The True Mastermind - 35.1% Complete

We discover the true problem behind Lego City's ills... Things are starting to come together...

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Are those meant to be proto-Blacktron spacemen in that cutscene? I burst out laughing at that distinctive black spacesuit and helmet design, and of course their glorious leader's name...

I mean, it's a long shot, but I presume the developers on a Lego game are total Lego nerds, and they've tossed in enough other obscure references to past Lego sets (that monorail and the posters in the space centre especially).

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I always laugh at "Um, sir, your camera's off angle again, and it's really distorting your voice."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Yeah, the compuper joke initially annoyed me as it seemed forced when Honey did it at first, but when they brought it back with Forrest Blackwell and established that that's just what people who know gently caress all about technology call them it worked a lot better. It's like the squirrel joke - it starts working better and better as it comes back as it keeps being given greater context withing the world the characters live in.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I thought he mentioned Girlie men himself unironically while being Governor of California.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 21 - We are riders. On a mission - 36.5% Complete

Action Bricks in pole position ROCKET POWER!

The video mentioned is called "The Begun of Tigtone". Highly recommend it.

Tigtone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-J3nJerAyQ

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 25, 2017

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

>We should split up
>Yes, good luck, Chase!

Ugh. What can go wrong? Apparently nothing. Not sure if I'm glad or disappointed.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. Of course!
No, Sentinels may be just out of the loop on the entire "Burn the LEGO City down" plan.
Very cool sequence of building unfolding to release the rocket.

Also, when you suggest a video, provide name cleanly, please? As in, written form.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Sorry, edited the post to contain the name and a link to the funny video that I was talking about. I meant to put that in when first posting but it had been a long day.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 22 - In Space... No one can hear me squee -37.7% Complete

We finish the plot and get to my personal favourite moment in any Lego game. I gush like 90s candy.

Also, I like the placement of the final collectible - it is right in the middle of a high tension situation, it's really hard to miss, and it's the final one you need to get everything in the game. It's the game saying "Here, take it. Have fun in the postgame. :)"

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

That was not a final sequence I had expected from a Lego game.

Or that credits song. :v:

• Locked thread