Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I doubt you'll be able to accomplish the collection roundup in one video. I will continue watching. Keep up the good work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I never meant to imply one video. We're like halfway done here. I always knew it would be a bunch of videos.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
What was the announcement we cut off halfway through the Rex Fury fistfight? I figure that was rather important information to understand why Blackwell was suddenly in an escape pod.

In fact the finale had a firm sense of being heavily cut for time. Nice falling setpiece, oh yes, and the rocket was beautiful, but clunky.

(Did we launch that cow earlier or something?)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Yeah, those scenes have no real context elsewhere...

BTW I've started recording the cleanup videos. The Auborn Dock vid is 1h40 minutes long unedited due to being one of the most difficult areas not to miss poo poo in, but It should cut down quite far from that. The Cherry Tree Hills one went from 55 minutes to 28 after all :v:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 23 - Cherry Tree Hills Roundup - 41.7% Complete

Here is the first of many cleanup videos - we complete Cherry Tree Hills!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 24 - Level 1 and Heritage Bridge Roundup - 43.4% Complete

We run through Level 1 again and clear out Heritage Bridge alongside it!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 25 - Sweep of Levels 2 and 3 - 45.0% Complete

We round up all the stuff in Levels 2 and 3, with a small bonus in between!

Edit:By the way, the next video is a very big area with a lot of poo poo that we haven't done yet - the next video will be 53 minutes long, after being cut down from 1h39. Will that be fine or would you rather I split it?

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 4, 2017

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
I'm alright with 53minutes, but getting more input is a good idea.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm probably going to split it anyway, it'll make it easier on me to commentate over two shorter videos than one enormous one. They'll be posted simultaneously though so it'll be Part 26a and 26b.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Splitting sounds good to me.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 26a - Auburn Part 1 - 47.9% Complete
Part 26b - Auburn Part 2 - 47.9% Complete

In which we sweep the entirely of Auburn Docks! I dislike this area personally, but some of the tokens are interesting at least.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 27 - Fort Meadows Round Up - 51.5% Complete

We complete all the activities at the farm in Fort Meadows, a sparse but interesting area. The collectibles are easier to find as they are clustered in 4 places - the Chalet Village, the Farm, the Castle and the Gas Station.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Does the game give you any indication that the Rex Fury costume is the thing you need to open those crate things? Or that his costume has any special abilities beyond the standard criminal ones?

It took me ages to figure out what I needed to open those crates... and the costume itself costs 2 million studs. Combine that with the fact that I didn't figure out how to activate cheats until the post-game and... yeah. By that time I was kind of burnt out on the game.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Well, there is the fact that Rex always has his muscles on display. Oh, and the weights in his prison cell. So if you think like a detective and have seen those handles in other Lego games, you might be able to guess.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Also the game shows his power right at the start, after the mines - it takes no effort at all to rip off his cuffs and just deck Chase. There is not even a fight.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

achtungnight posted:

Well, there is the fact that Rex always has his muscles on display. Oh, and the weights in his prison cell. So if you think like a detective and have seen those handles in other Lego games, you might be able to guess.

There is that... but this was my first Lego game so I didn't realize that bars = super strength.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I may post the next video a few hours after the upload completes, so if it's on the channel early without being posted don't worry, it's just because it was getting late at night and this vid is taking longer than anticipated, so I'll be asleep when it finishes processing - I'll be able to post it in the morning.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 28 - Bluebell National Park Cleanout - 53.5% Complete

OK, the video is up, We complete the Bluebell National Forest!

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 11, 2017

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

BioEnchanted posted:

Part 28 - Bluebell National Park Cleanout - 53.5% Complete

OK, the video is up, We complete the Bluebell National Forest!

You linked to part 27.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Fixed, it was late, sorry.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
So Rex is just a burglar with strength hence why you swapped out the burglar for him, are there any other characters with super strength?

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 11, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

No, it's the games way of gating some of the postgame content. I experimented with other characters who should have had it, but they didn't work and I wasn't planning on going through 290 characters to find out.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 29 - Dojo and Bank cleanout - 56.9% Complete

We clear out the next 2 levels, the Dojo and the Bank.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 30 - Uptown Clearout! - 58.2% Complete

We clear out Uptown entirely! The largest island's secrets begin to unravel!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 31 - Lego City Airport Clearout - 60.0% Complete

We clear out the Lego City Airport! 60%, new milestone!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 32 - Space Centre and Scrapyard Clearout! - 60.3% Complete

We finish two more levels, and while we don't get much out of these ones it still takes us a small step closer to 100% completion.

By the way you may have noticed more frequent updates - I'll be recording, editing and uploading videos just as they are made from now on because the finish line is in sight, it's just a matter of "Do More Stuff!" So I'm doing as much as I can to get a good amount ahead of things, as we still have a shitton of stuff left to do. It'll be erratic but frequent.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 33 - Paradise Sands Clearout - 61.8% Complete

Apologies for the few moments of sloppy editing, I'm not feeling at my best and didn't want to reprocess an entire video and redo the commentary. I'll be more careful editing the next one.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 34 - Fresco Cleanup - 63.4% Complete

We clear out Fresco, and after this video, buying all the available unlocked characters and vehicles broke 70%! We are really close to getting everything, but we still have a small ways to go...

Wait a few hours for High Quality/HD.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 35 - Museum and Fire Department Cleanout! - 70.6% Complete

Yup, these two levels had so little extra poo poo that the percentage didn't even move. :v:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Skeleton Koopa would be a Dry Bones:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Totally forgot the name, not big into Mario :P

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 36 - Kings Court Cleanout!- 72.4% Complete

We complete everything in King's Court. I like the layout of this area, as everything is clustered in a series of setpieces so you don't get lost as easily as other places, like the Forest for example. By the way, despite my confusion Dr Whatsit does in fact count as a Cop in the game's logic.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 18, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 37 - Downtown Cleanup - 76.3

We clear out Downtown, while ignoring something momentarily that we will go back to later. Look forward to that! It's special. :)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 38 - Blackwell Manor 1 and Pappalardos Clearout - 77.8% Complete

We clear out the first visit to Blackwell Manor, and the Pappalardo's rescue.

BTW I liked the Knight Rider game enough to make a li'l video to show off one of the more chill levels - picked it due to being a good way to show all the mechanics, all the timed/difficult missions are boss fights or straight driving fast which doesn't represent all the things that the game can do. Here's the Knight Rider vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_hKir7nRg

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Knight Rider. I remember and love that show. They hacked and wrecked enough self-driving smart cars in Fate of the Furious to turn me off them as a good idea, but drat it, I still want my KITT!

:)

On topic, I wish more of the many characters we pick up in LEGO City had special abilities. Mikey Spoilers could see secrets without a cheat activated, Chief Dunby could throw donuts, Vinnie could have a unique idle animation where he eats an ice cream cone. Maybe that last one is still in? Collection is fun and all, but collecting clones is kinda boring.

Then again, I guess it'd be really hard to think up unique abilities for all these LEGO figures besides the looks.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Knight Rider was a fun game, I'd recommend it if you can find it cheap. I spent literally £2 on it and loved it as soon as I got past the tutorial level. It's short, but fun.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 39 - Festival Square - 78.8% Complete

We clear out Festival Square!

By the way the symbol on the hospital I did get mixed up with - the rod with one snake featured in the video on the hospital roof is the Rod of Asclepius, the rod with two snakes was the Caduceus. Also the other half of the Panacea etymology was "akos" for "remedy" - the original word was "panakes"

Also after buying all the new poo poo at the shop we are sitting at the frustrating number 79.9% - Come onnn, so close to breaking 80!

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 23, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 40 - Pagoda Cleanout - 81.6% Complete

We clear out the Pagoda district, and I get a bit sidetracked talking about advanced Chemistry stuff that I've likely got completely wrong because I read about it years ago. :P

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 41 - Construction Site and Secret Base cleanup - 83.6% Complete

We clear out the next two levels, leaving only two more plot levels to replay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 42 - Bright Lights Plaza - 85.7% Complete
Bonus 1 - Character Showcase - Residents (Subclass of Civilians)

We complete Bright Lights Plaza (the strip mall) and also get another collectible type finished off. This is accompanied by the Residents of Lego City showcase as one of the character tokens received in this video completed the "Residents" collection.

• Locked thread