Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I love this game so much. It was my first Lego game and one of my favorites on Wii U. I love the whole premise. It's basically GTA with Lego people. It's wonderful and I love it. And I like all the referential humor, so there.

(There was some echoing in the police station in the first video still.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I clicked through the video and good news! I didn't hear any echoing. :woop:

I feel you on the technical issues. I know it's frustrating.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I love the prison sequence. A whole level with an extended reference to The Shawshank Redemption? I appreciate the bits of more adult-ish humor in the game.

I actually changed Chase into his street clothes for this level. I figured he'd stick out like a sore thumb in his police uniform.

Also I didn't figure out how to actually buy/activate cheats until I beat the game. Oops!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 28, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

You're making me want to play this game again and my Wii U is unplugged in favor of the Switch and I'm too cheap to shell out for the Steam version (plus the port seems to have mixed reviews anyway).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

How's everyone feeling about the "flow" of the optional vs mandatory? I'm doing my best to grab whatever's on the way, or occasionally going out of my way to grab anything that I know will be a massive timesaver, so that I don't end up with hour-long videos that are just pure cleanup right at the end.

The overall flow is fine. If I could offer one criticism is your commentary largely consists of just narrating what's you're doing on screen. "Now we're going over here to push this widget and build this dodad," etc. It's not bad, but it's not terribly engaging either. I don't know what I could suggest in its place, and feel free to ignore this if it's too much of a pain in the rear end to do differently. Lord knows it's hard to carry a video all by yourself and I'll still keep watching regardless.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oh god I got to the bit after the car chase and a memory came rushing back! I did horribly on the chase. I failed it almost instantly. Got it on the second try but yeesh. I am horrible at driving in Saints Row games and apparently that carries over here.

Anyway, when Chase says, "Because I am awesome at driving :smug:," it felt like the game was making fun of how horribly I did at the car chase.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I love the humor in this game. Your description of it is spot-on. This game is just so darn charming. I love it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:aaa: I never found that Super Color Gun cheat! poo poo. That's what I get for being lazy about exploring and collecting!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I loved the bit with the horses. For one thing, I always enjoy horses in video games. I had a rough time finding the horses again after this mission, though. For another, Honey talking about "feeding" the apple to his horse cracked me up. And finally, I had that exact Lego horse as a child! The white one with a red saddle. The whole farm segment is pretty great. Nice change of pace.

Your sound quality seemed fine to me!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

This part was both amazing and disappointing. Amazing because gently caress yeah riding a giant robotic T-rex through town! Disappointing because you can't keep it. :(

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

That random The Shining reference when you first get the axe cracked me up so bad I had to stop playing for a few minutes until I stopped laughing. It just caught me completely off guard.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I think I know what you're referring to in the next bit, and I am going to have to violently disagree with you, pre-emptively. :colbert:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I still think Arnie guy is funny. :colbert:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Does the game give you any indication that the Rex Fury costume is the thing you need to open those crate things? Or that his costume has any special abilities beyond the standard criminal ones?

It took me ages to figure out what I needed to open those crates... and the costume itself costs 2 million studs. Combine that with the fact that I didn't figure out how to activate cheats until the post-game and... yeah. By that time I was kind of burnt out on the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

achtungnight posted:

Well, there is the fact that Rex always has his muscles on display. Oh, and the weights in his prison cell. So if you think like a detective and have seen those handles in other Lego games, you might be able to guess.

There is that... but this was my first Lego game so I didn't realize that bars = super strength.

• Locked thread