Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

me reading a history book: i hope i don't get bamboozled by this thing!!!!!
Millions of people died in various purges, fuckups, and general insanity. This isn't to say these things didn't happen in capitalist societies - and still do - just that it's hard to divorce communism from the poo poo that happened in Cambodia, China, the USSR, etc. Of course, it's also hard to divorce capitalism from the slavery, genocides, conquests, etc. all fueled by private enterprise and backed by the state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

RIP Americans who died of treatable conditions because the Soviets lost the Cold War and we don't have public healthcare.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

RIP Americans who died of treatable conditions because the Soviets lost the Cold War and we don't have public healthcare.
Pol Pot: We need to depopulate the cities.

New York city cops: lol amateurs

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

FactsAreUseless posted:

Millions of people died in various purges, fuckups, and general insanity. This isn't to say these things didn't happen in capitalist societies - and still do - just that it's hard to divorce communism from the poo poo that happened in Cambodia, China, the USSR, etc. Of course, it's also hard to divorce capitalism from the slavery, genocides, conquests, etc. all fueled by private enterprise and backed by the state.

it's so hard to divorce capitalism from these awful things that they have successfully done so in many countries around the world

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
Deaths under communism is a consequence of bad policy (except for the guillotine of course) . Deaths under capitalism is a result of good policy. Just something to think about you loving idiots

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

it's so hard to divorce capitalism from these awful things that they have successfully done so in many countries around the world

:agreed: capitalism has successfully done many awful things in so many countries in the world

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Condiv posted:

:agreed: capitalism has successfully done many awful things in so many countries in the world

its important to not skip past words when you read entire sentences

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

:wrong:

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

Agreed

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

when reading condiv's posts its important that you skip the sentences wholesale

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

he didn't, lol

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
RIP

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Would

All

At once

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

oh hell yes

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i can't believe tankies enslaved all those people! this changes my views on communism!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Condiv posted:

changes my views on communism!

good thing nobody is trying to waste time on something dumb like that

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
:allears:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I'm the black man on the right covered in cum stains

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

RIP Hillary Clinton, stabbed in the back by Comrade Bernie

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Anarcho-Communism is the only way forward. Can't have purges if you don't have a state.

*Dies in anarchic raid on his commune*

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Former President Barack Obama was often called communist as an epithet without context or justification. The American left thought it was because he didn't fellate capitalism enough and the right thought it was because he would implement a great leap forward and have people buried alive in fema coffins while wearing joker makeup. Few were aware of the real reason: a group of unelected bureaucrats for life who envisioned one party rule came up with it at one of their endless party meetings.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

TrixRabbi posted:

RIP Hillary Clinton, stabbed in the back by Comrade Bernie

never forget

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pol Pot: We need to depopulate the cities.

New York city cops: lol amateurs

Philippines: you are like a little baby, watch this!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dreddout posted:

Philippines: you are like a little baby, watch this!
The volcano that destroyed Pompeii: Heh heh heh...

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The volcano that destroyed Pompeii: Heh heh heh...

Asteroid that destroyed the dinosaurs: Hold my beer!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dreddout posted:

Lmao

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Dreddout posted:

Yellowstone Caldera: *smiles coyishly*

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

Yellowstone Caldera: *smiles coyishly*

Seabed Methane: "Pull my finger"

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baloogan posted:

rip all the innovative people in russia and eastern europe

I think you of all people would recognize that for all it's faults the Soviets achieved some hella cool science

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Venom Snake posted:

I think you of all people would recognize that for all it's faults the Soviets achieved some hella cool science

lysenkoism killed soviet biology dead and its only just began to recover

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

lysenkoism killed soviet biology dead and its only just began to recover

do you think they were practicing Lysenkoism until Putin?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

do you think they were practicing Lysenkoism until Putin?

germany hasn't been cracking down on jewish scientists ever since the third reich got defeated but the university of gottingen never recovered as a world centre of mathematics and physics, go figure

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

germany hasn't been cracking down on jewish scientists ever since the third reich got defeated but the university of gottingen never recovered as a world centre of mathematics and physics, go figure

When you say "Russia has only recently recovered from Lysenkoism," that implies that they were incapable of reading biological journals for decades after they formally ended Lysenkoism. As if they are somehow starting up biology completely from scratch only a few years ago.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
It's a pity that communism started in Russia, a more competent country might have not totally discredited the ideology

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
lysenkoism reminds of the climate change deniers who think global warming is a leftist conspiracy to destroy the free market or something

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

and i must meme posted:

lysenkoism reminds of the climate change deniers who think global warming is a leftist conspiracy to destroy the free market or something

so the president of the united states?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

When you say "Russia has only recently recovered from Lysenkoism," that implies that they were incapable of reading biological journals for decades after they formally ended Lysenkoism. As if they are somehow starting up biology completely from scratch only a few years ago.

yes dude russian science was definitely separated from western science up until the soviet union fell both politically and linguistically and since most modern biology like the entirety of molecular biology has been discovered by the west in that time russian biology has sucked tremendously until recently with all of the massive investments such as skolkovo

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Lysenkoism was literally dead before Lysenko. It lasted longer in minor warsaw pact satellites than in either China or the USSR.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

Here is literally 10 million dissertation pages on why we should apply lessons from 1920s mud farmer communism to 2017 first world society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

East Germany probably would have had a better run of it if the Russians didn't rape half their women and rip out their factories piece by piece

• Locked thread