Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Angry Walrus posted:

So when Bungie was pulling ideas from Overwatch, did they include streamlining information like tinting grenades and supers based on which team they belong to, or callouts when its your teammate activating their super so you don't have to wonder if it's your Gunslinger or the enemy team's?

I haven't watched any PvP footage but from what I understand when someone activates super it shows who in the kill feed so you know if it was your teammate or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There are definitely super fallouts in the kill feed.

Not sure about nades. Didn't stand out in the video I saw so I guess not.

With no ward of dawn at least there's no bubble confusion.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also ghost cringe dialogue is in full effect

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
gently caress I wish they would make our character actually talk. Even Master Chief said at least 10 lines per game and responded to direct questions and conversations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5reeuarp6g4

Interesting look at the armor, additional defense at the cost of mobility.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

gently caress I wish they would make our character actually talk. Even Master Chief said at least 10 lines per game and responded to direct questions and conversations.

Wow I thought you bone knew guys were supposed to be cool

Guess not

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Angry Walrus posted:

So when Bungie was pulling ideas from Overwatch, did they include streamlining information like tinting grenades and supers based on which team they belong to, or callouts when its your teammate activating their super so you don't have to wonder if it's your Gunslinger or the enemy team's?

Nade look the same, but there are extra notifications.... that you have to read...

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

xzzy posted:

The map on display says to me Bungie has been playing a lot of Overwatch too, which I'm kind of meh on.

Yeah it looks a lot like an Overwatch map which is a shame because I liked how wide and open a lot of Destiny 1 crucible maps were. That combined with the drop to 4v4 for everything is disappointing and gives the impression that everything's being scaled back and slowed down. I was looking forward to more 6v6 Mayhem and Rift :(

Do we know if the Moon, Mars, Dreadnought and Venus are returning in this game, or are the only locations the four new ones that they mentioned?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah it looks a lot like an Overwatch map which is a shame because I liked how wide and open a lot of Destiny 1 crucible maps were. That combined with the drop to 4v4 for everything is disappointing and gives the impression that everything's being scaled back and slowed down. I was looking forward to more 6v6 Mayhem and Rift :(

Do we know if the Moon, Mars, Dreadnought and Venus are returning in this game, or are the only locations the four new ones that they mentioned?

Presumably just the new locations.. Although D1 did have pvp maps that took you places you never go to, like Mercury (well, most people anyway :smuggo:)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Don't worry, I'm sure Bungie has all kinds of plans to sell you Destiny 1 map packs re-invigorate the PvP ecosystem with fan favorite D1 maps.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

SUNKOS posted:

I dont see any of those returning probably just the 4 mentioned today. I assume at least one of the expansions planned for Decemeber 2017 and Spring 2018 add a new patrol area.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah the map sucks rear end, looks like any generic shooter map.

"MLG PRO PVP 4v4 SUPER BALANCED PERFECT SYMMETRICAL MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111" type bullshit

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Guess not

Woah hold on, we all on the same side now against a common enemy.

https://imgur.com/gallery/4vAdD8z

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

FishBulb posted:

Guess not

The game makes no sense when all the cinematics have a bunch of people talking and some sperg standing there staring at them blankly while a floating fidget spinner talks for him

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Who cares?!?!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
No X-save :( Hope that gaf gently caress gets banned
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/destiny-2-wont-have-cross-save-between-pc-and-console

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Now I want a fidget spinner emote for my guy. Exotic emote "Touch of the Tism"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

The game makes no sense when all the cinematics have a bunch of people talking and some sperg standing there staring at them blankly while a floating fidget spinner talks for him

well mister do YOU wanna be the one to foot the bill for (~IMDB's Intensely~)... Matthew Mercer's top rate voice acting?!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Floating fidget spinner lmao

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Meat DUMBension is DDoSing me

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Definitely no dedicated servers, but you already knew that.

quote:

We spoke with David Shaw, Bungie’s senior producer on the PC version, who told us Destiny 2 definitely wouldn’t have dedicated servers. I also pressed him on whether it would have a better tick rate than Destiny 1 which was abysmal, but he couldn’t go into any additional detail beyond saying it would still be some form of peer to peer.
http://www.pcgamer.com/hands-on-with-the-pc-version-of-destiny-2-campaign-strikes-and-pvp/

Just heard it straight from Luke Smith on IGN's livestream too

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 19, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Okay but speaking of emotes do they have like a radial for multiple emotes or something now

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

the good fax machine posted:

I also pressed him on whether it would [be abysmal], but he couldn’t go into any additional detail beyond saying it would still be some form of peer to peer.

a good sign

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

the pc version is going to be turbo hosed. gonna be :krad: when hackers figure out how to delete your items and poo poo while you're out on patrol

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Newest exploit in PC destiny allows you to get free ammo by swapping between primary and secondary really fast

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Man that strike boss seemed really bullet sponge-y.. maybe it's just a gear issue, but meh, that wasn't nearly as cool as I'd hoped a "three-stage boss" would be. I didn't notice any mechanic other than what, the floor disappearing twice and the boss changing elements.

its very much gear related. why on god's green earth would they give promo players level matched gear on a reveal day? lmao @ giving a bunch of turbo nerds the gear needed to blow through brand new content in 5 minutes live

you're reading way too much into this.

Destiny 2: This is what Destiny 1 Should Have Been At Launch. Mea Culpa

we aren't getting a brand new game

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

FishBulb posted:

Who cares?!?!

Has anyone noticed this weird white noise? I think I isolated it above here but I'm not sure what it is

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
They just have to confirm the return of SBMM and my bingo card is complete

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

its very much gear related. why on god's green earth would they give promo players level matched gear on a reveal day? lmao @ giving a bunch of turbo nerds the gear needed to blow through brand new content in 5 minutes live

you're reading way too much into this.

Destiny 2: This is what Destiny 1 Should Have Been At Launch. Mea Culpa

we aren't getting a brand new game

While I sort of agree, they're showing the game off to a lot of people that wrote off the first game because of a lot of bad design choices, including bullet sponge enemies. It just didn't seem like the greatest look when they are definitely capable of creating more interesting encounters.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I just noticed the map callouts displaying, that's a neat idea

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Is there any footage of the poledancer in PvP or are all the hunters locked into GG for now?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Is there any footage of the poledancer in PvP

Yeah, just played a few rounds with your mom

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

i guess i'll pre order this bitch even though I am bad at it

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Good

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Definitely no dedicated servers, but you already knew that.

http://www.pcgamer.com/hands-on-with-the-pc-version-of-destiny-2-campaign-strikes-and-pvp/

Just heard it straight from Luke Smith on IGN's livestream too

Disappointed but not surprised

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

:same:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

I said no cross save, not no cross play. What difference does it make to you if people can export their players to different systems? Asking genuinely, as I'm curious as to whether you don't want top level Xbox players to be able to jump to PS4 or vice versa, or what?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I said no cross save, not no cross play. What difference does it make to you if people can export their players to different systems? Asking genuinely, as I'm curious as to whether you don't want top level Xbox players to be able to jump to PS4 or vice versa, or what?

Ever play (public lobby) Diablo 3 on a console? That's one reason.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Less chance of PC spam in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Ever play (public lobby) Diablo 3 on a console? That's one reason.

Can't say that I have.. so what's the deal?

CheeseFactory posted:

Less chance of PC spam in the thread.

That's actually fair enough