Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blind Rasputin posted:

I would not be surprised at all if certain director activities like story missions, daily adventure, hell maybe even the flashpoint, just get deleted to tighten the experience.

I don't think they'll go that far, they're just looking for a way to reduce the feeling of obligation without making the activities entirely unrewarding. Someone on Discord suggested that they could add a global cap on powerful drops across all weekly activities so you can do your favorite subset and not miss anything, that sounds pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

TWAB posted:

Gambit Prime

The invading frequency feels lower

It's common for an invader to appear seconds after the previous one left in Prime, so I don't know what he's talking about here.

Having as many powerfuls as we do makes it easy to keep your collection up to the power cap, but I've gotten over trying to do all of them. I've got enough Dreaming City gear and triumphs that I can give all of that a pass, I don't need the Werner/Benedict bounties, I'm fairly happy with my BA collection, I'm not motivated to do Reckoning, etc. Flashpoints are good for knocking out Banshee bounties, and I still do strikes/nightfalls/gambit/crucible, but those are just the things you do normally. Menagerie is still good for targeted farming and Opulence mods.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I feel less annoyed by mtx after what he said about the whisper ornaments

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roman posted:

Factoid: Whisper's Eververse ornaments alone paid for Zero Hour's development

It's extremely important to clarify that this isn't true.

It should read, "The revenue generated from Whisper ornaments is roughly equal to the money they spent on Zero Hour."

Whisper ornaments were not a requirement for them to develop Zero Hour.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Curious what the repeating arrow in the vanguard and crucible bounty icons mean (top right)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Roman posted:

Curious what the repeating arrow in the vanguard and crucible bounty icons mean (top right)

I'm going to guess that's a sort button.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Emron posted:

I'm going to guess that's a sort button.

No, on the actual red crucible bounties and the purple vanguard bounties. There's a circle-of-arrows around the logo!

Probably a way of showing daily bounty vs weekly bounty maybe?? There are three distinct "crucible bounty" variants there.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think he means how there's now a repeating arrow baked into the bounty icon itself (but not all of them). No idea, but if I had to guess I'd say those represent basic daily grinds and the others are rarer, more substantial tasks (weeklies, one-offs).

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Oh, I didn't even see that! Yeah, I wonder what that is too now!

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Paracelsus posted:

It's common for an invader to appear seconds after the previous one left in Prime, so I don't know what he's talking about here.

If the invader's team managed to bank enough motes for the next invasion while the invader was doing their thing (or they just didn't invade until they had a big stockpile) then yeah it comes up pretty fast. But that's the same for both modes, although in prime since you get 3 invasions before the primeval this can seem magnified. Prime also has the motes drained (by blockers or invaders) so a well coordinated "bank 2+ blockers then invade" cycle can really drain a lot of motes towards the next invasion.

Also, summoning the primeval seems to reset the timer, so if someone did an "x motes banked" invasion just before then it'll also seem pretty fast. Again same for both modes.

The real difference is during the boss section- invasions come up in regular gambit way faster. As in "invade, come back, run to portal and it's up" faster. Prime has a bit more delay, about once per set of envoys/damage phase. I hadn't played gambit og in months and tried it again for solstice and invasions during primeval are noticeably more frequent.

tldr; prime has more, and sometimes faster invasions before primeval, og has way more invasions during primeval

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Remove gambit and use resources to fix pvp

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mazerunner posted:

tldr; prime has more, and sometimes faster invasions before primeval, og has way more invasions during primeval

He was talking about a lower pace of invasions in prime giving you more time to bank motes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Remove gambit and use resources to fix pvp

pvp is pretty cool right now though??

I mean there's a fair argument they should delete comp and put trials back in but the pvp sandbox is a lot of fun.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Luke "Throw Your Money At Your Screen" Smith posted:

The decision to run old content in Bright Engrams instead of making new Bright Engrams is another part of the shift. We want to believe that our players would rather just buy things they like from the store. 

Yes... I also want to believe that I would rather want to spend my real money in exchange for your fake money.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They've done a decent job of offering everything for bright dust recently. Hopefully that continues?

Although IIRC they're going to gut all sources of bright dust? I don't remember

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Maybe it's because I've been having a lot of unprotected sex lately, but I'm starting to have a hard time keeping track of all the currencies and consumables and upcoming/recent patches and poo poo

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

xzzy posted:

I mean there's a fair argument they should delete comp and put trials back in but the pvp sandbox is a lot of fun.

agreedo, but holy loving poo poo do we need more and better maps.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Maybe it's because I've been having a lot of unprotected sex lately, but I'm starting to have a hard time keeping track of all the currencies and consumables and upcoming/recent patches and poo poo

for me it's the weed. does loving make you forgetful? you should talk to someone about that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47935

Bright dust will no longer drop from trashing eververse items. Eververse items will dismantle into shards and glimmer and will cost shards and glimmer to rebuy. Bright dust will come from completing bounties and "an additional avenue". This is why they told you to trash all your cosmetics before the patch comes out, because you won't get dust for them after.

No information about how bright engrams will change.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope they thrown us warlocks a bone if they nerf lunafaction AND the well.

Like, give us a new super by having a item that change how one of our suppers work.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How about nerf warlocks until everyone deletes them and the game is made better for it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

xzzy posted:

The weapons are cool but qp has way too much snowballing

most games are feast or famine, instead of being close. If one team starts chaining supers then they will continue to do so, as well as always getting heavy.

And of course many of these supers are roaming ones that go on forever and are virtually impossible to kill.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

for me it's the weed. does loving make you forgetful? you should talk to someone about that.

Uh it's been proven for a long time that when a guy fucks they get dumber and it's the opposite for girls because they get smarter after they do a gently caress

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

moist turtleneck posted:

Uh it's been proven for a long time that when a guy fucks they get dumber and it's the opposite for girls because they get smarter after they do a gently caress

splains why im such a loving dummie

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

Like, give us a new super by having a item that change how one of our suppers work.

Alter your new Finishing Move with a Finishing Move mod from the Eververse store! Seriously!

Tei posted:

change how one of our suppers work.

I wish supper worked that I shove the food up my stupid rear end in a top hat and burped up dooks from my gullet.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Are we going to get best of year two engrams upon leveling up in Shadowkeep or just some bright dust or what.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Are we going to get best of year two engrams upon leveling up in Shadowkeep or just some bright dust or what.

The game will make an icon flash on your screen that looks like a milestone or quest update, but they really just want you to click on the eververse store and be tempted to buy stuff.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Judge Tesla posted:

Bungie Dingus said that players don't like randomly earning these rewards for free, but greatly enjoy the freedom of buying them directly!

Bright Dust will come from an unknown source and be used for unknown ends after Shadowkeep.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like getting tess out of the tower, hearing her stupid loving line loop over and over does my head in.

I don't really care about micro transactions - like at all. Except - I don't like is that we haven't had a refresh of like 3 armor sets since the yearly change and eververse has had a half dozen sets in that time. I can't believe its that difficult for the art team to cobble something together for each expansion or every second one or something so we get new vanguard, pvp and gambit armor. The transmog will somewhat help that I suppose in that I'm not locked into having a stupid looking character just for the perks I want, but still.

Its good they have some open lines of communication but I'd rather they just dumped all 20 pages at once rather than waiting and doing it week to week. Crucible I'm very much expecting them to point out that supers are way too strong and prevalent and that super mods combined with poo poo like light reactor and remote connection are the cause and that heavy is way too prevalent as well.

I'm going to assume mods in general are going to get a blanket nerf - otherwise there's no point in grinding armor 2.0 for intellect when I can just run my old set with 5 super mods (if I had one) and they'll cap the effectiveness of Intellect.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 14, 2019

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bright Dust will come from an unknown source and be used for unknown ends after Shadowkeep.

Smuke Lith posted:

We’re adding Bright Dust as a reward for completing Vanguard, Crucible, and Gambit bounties.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Man I thought they literally used the phrase "plus an additional avenue we can't talk about yet" or something!! Am I crazy?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
there was a line about how once youve completed every bounty available for the week youll still be able to earn Dust, so

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Well that's good to hear! With all this talk about "dismantle your eververse stuff NOW!" I figured it was going to be hard to get Bright Dust and also that it would be used to buy items in Eververse in y3

Orv
May 4, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man I thought they literally used the phrase "plus an additional avenue we can't talk about yet" or something!! Am I crazy?

That (which we hadn't heard before) was in Luke's thing today I believe.

E: I lied. "After you complete all your bounties for the week, there will be an additional avenue to keep grinding out Bright Dust."

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

all depends on how much dust you get for bounties i guess but 20 dust/bounty seems like a reasonable amount

5 vanguard bounties/day
5 crucible bounties/day
5 gambit bounties/day

thats 300 dust/day, 2100 a week if you nolife on one character and 6300 a week if you nolife on three

common sense tells us that if they let you earn that much dust the cost per item is going to skyrocket dramatically, but who knows maybe it wont

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This is what a winner looks like, boys.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

good god lemon

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

This is what a winner looks like, boys.

It needs a bunch of logos slapped on it and it would be perfect(ly tacky).