Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

The D-Pad does stuff?

:stare:

I use an elite controller with flippers. I didn't know anything other than the sticks and triggers did things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The d pad is woefully underused, because of course it is

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
I'm poo poo at this game and I just got a Thorn.

How useless is this gun in relation to the painful journey it took?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Thorn is a fun gun, maybe not the absolute best for PVP but pretty good. Very fun in PVE, keep killing adds and picking up the Remnants and you'll never have to reload. Pairs well with the Antaeus Wards (like in this build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te1KXKrrITM ) or anything good for sliding

Roman fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 25, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Thorn catalyst adds absurd range and stability. It's going to be the meta

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

*Gogo scratches another gun off the SK meta list. Reviews that he only has 69 more guns to declare as also the new meta*

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do we know what catalysts are coming with Shadowkeep? Confirmed by bungie not and data mined

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hell no we don't, and Bungie has gotten wise to our Shenanigans and puts stuff in the API literally as a troll. See solar week

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
I do have those fancy sliding boots, and I do like M. Bisoning while pretending to PvP.

This is surprisingly convenient.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I ran Menagerie with a random group and they beat it. I just kept getting shitstomped from start to end.

Does anyone feel like explaining Menagerie to me? Is it a weird raid with random people? Do you always beat it? How often is it worth running? Is there anything I should do beforehand when it comes to buffs and weapons?

When I beat it, it gave me four cloaks. Four. :stare: That was it. They were 706x2, and 707x2.

I need to go unlock the Dreaming City. I'll do that today.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
First 60 seconds of my gaming session last night and i get this little tasty clip.

https://youtu.be/56kSXjy-chc

That ornament makes the gun longer, fyi. 700 silver.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Captain Log posted:

I ran Menagerie with a random group and they beat it. I just kept getting shitstomped from start to end.

Does anyone feel like explaining Menagerie to me? Is it a weird raid with random people? Do you always beat it? How often is it worth running? Is there anything I should do beforehand when it comes to buffs and weapons?

When I beat it, it gave me four cloaks. Four. :stare: That was it. They were 706x2, and 707x2.

I need to go unlock the Dreaming City. I'll do that today.

They're doing a deal with Menagerie right now where it drops 4 items at the end. On Friday it will go up to 5 items. But once Shadowkeep drops it'll go back to its normal amount, which is 1.

Menagerie is cool because you can place Runes in your Chalice (in your Pursuits tab) to control what you get from the chest at the end. Trying for a perfect roll of the SMG? Put the corresponding runes in the chalice and complete it and you're guaranteed an SMG drop.

At higher light levels Menagerie is a joke, you'll only have to complete each event once before making your way to the boss and it takes probably 10 minutes total. At lower light levels it can be a grind though. The boss changes every week on a 3 week rotation and so do the events but you'll get to know them pretty quick.

Menagerie was maybe their best effort at putting together an easy to join, 6-man PvE mode where you actually control the loot you get. I believe there's something similar in Shadowkeep coming as well.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Captain Log posted:

Is it a weird raid

no

Captain Log posted:

with random people?

yes

Captain Log posted:

Do you always beat it?

yes

Captain Log posted:

How often is it worth running?

as often as you have materials to get rewards

Captain Log posted:

Is there anything I should do beforehand when it comes to buffs and weapons?

no, play whatever you want just like every other matchmade activity in the game

Captain Log posted:

yeah there's bonus rewards in effect right now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Log posted:

Does anyone feel like explaining Menagerie to me? Is it a weird raid with random people?

More or less. It's a series of simple PVE challenges with matchmaking, sort of like running a raid on fast-forward.

quote:

Do you always beat it?

Yes, it's impossible to fail. If you do badly at any one challenge you just move on to the next and that happens forever (with repeats allowed) until you earn enough points to get to the boss, who has no time limit.

quote:

How often is it worth running?

Often enough to exhaust all the powerful rewards. After that you can use it to grind for good rolls on certain gear.

quote:

Is there anything I should do beforehand when it comes to buffs and weapons?

It's not difficult enough to need super tuned gear and you won't be coordinated with anyone else anyway, so not really.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

texaholic posted:

Do we know what catalysts are coming with Shadowkeep? Confirmed by bungie not and data mined

Im waiting for that sweet sweet Wavesplitter catalyst

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ok, thanks for the answers. I was confused, because everyone was dying constantly but we kept advancing.

I really felt like a machine gun would have dealt with the Hive in that better. Thralls that can one or two shot you with melee was a nightmare.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

CheeseFactory posted:

+10 Range and +30 Weapon size, eh?

Weapon size = reserves = get more ammo on green pickup, right?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
ah yeah always remember to check what the modifiers are to know what you're getting in to. i...think you can check those after loading in to the game? bring up ghost, press down on d-pad i think? been a while

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

CheeseFactory posted:

a wavesplitter that generates its own orbs would be :lol:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

it will make its own orbs u dumby

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

CheeseFactory posted:

First 60 seconds of my gaming session last night and i get this little tasty clip.

https://youtu.be/56kSXjy-chc

That ornament makes the gun longer, fyi. 700 silver.

Everyone knows the length of the gun doesn't matter, what you should really care about is the width of the gun

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Legs Benedict posted:

it will make its own orbs u dumby

I'm a xbox peasant!! I know not of its mystical exotic properties!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yes and... i think so? Bungie and their vague poo poo

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Daric posted:

Everyone knows the length of the gun doesn't matter, what you should really care about is the width of the gun

Well i think it does both. Doesn't come with lube for when i gently caress blueberries with it though

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tlw catalyst sounds kind of tasty too. Well. If the bonus precision damage is actually good.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

CheeseFactory posted:

Yes and... i think so? Bungie and their vague poo poo

If you're looking on light.gg, they haven't updated their stat names to match the ones in the database. That stat is now named Inventory Size and I can't check now, but I'm pretty sure the description is now clear that it represents how much ammo can be held in reserves.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Rappo why don't you use arma so you can still have two grenades, then you can run bottom tree infinite super. Also you could run higher recovery to help with the loss of alpha lupi.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone that runs bottom tree striker brings shame on these forums.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

haveblue posted:

Yes, it's impossible to fail. If you do badly at any one challenge you just move on to the next and that happens forever (with repeats allowed) until you earn enough points to get to the boss, who has no time limit.

Yeah, the menagerie is a good attempt at an activity that can't be failed (so is ideal for random machmaking) - it your group does well, you just get through it much quicker. (You only need max 3(?) activities then the boss if you don't run out of time on any).

The phases are:

Lamplighting - Kill mobs until boss spawns, kill boss and dunk 2 orbs, repeat twice more. (This one always starts, then the rest are random).

The Crystals - Kill Harpies and pick up the cranium, use it to shoot beams at crystals, boss spawns, kill it, repeat once.

The Riposte - Kill knights to make them drop swords, use the swords to kill shielded knights, when shielded ogre spawns kill it, repeat.

The Gauntlet - Kill mobs and boss, get transported to track, run track going through holes to reset timer, the more people complete it the more points you get. Repeat twice with the track getting harder.

The Hunt - stand on lit-up plates to capture and kill hive. Kill off boss knights to score points. About 4 knight spawns to complete.

The Arcborn - Run though green light beams (up to 3) and dunk in the things. After enough collected, a boss spawns, kill it and repeat.

The Mockery - Same room as arcborn, the things are surrounded by bubbles that protect you from damage, but they slowly shrink. Kill wizards to get orbs and dunk them to keep the bubbles expanded. Kill the bosses when they appear.

And then the boss phase. Three different bosses, rotating each week. As mentioned, they are not timed so you can't fail.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

*Yamdankee bursts through the door with another proud post of match results*

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You can do menagerie in 2 rooms plus boss if you ace them both. It happens surprisingly often even in matchmaking.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That assumes everyone is 750. If you're just coming back to the game and get into lobbies with 700's it's a loving grind (matchmaking strongly prefers to group you with similarly powerful players).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tears over Titans: A Destiny Story

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

xzzy posted:

What am I supposed to do, be bad on purpose?

I'll use the broken class and exotic, thanks

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

pretty sure these forums have always been shameful anyway

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
So for the new expansion someone pointed out to me that the OP of this thread is incredibly bad for new players.

Does the OP even post anymore? Can someone with good typing skills (Cheese? Somera?) make a new and less terrible one?

I appreciate in jokes and all and bad posting but it looks like a giant incomprehensible mess.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

lol as if destiny is going to get any new players on the consoles

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If no one else makes a new OP over the weekend I’ll do it

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I'm supportive of the positive man who seems like he can type!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes we need to get some dork to spend several hours writing a destiny tutorial that two people in the next year will ever bother to read, and one of them will be OP's mom.