Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Do yourself a favor and block all review sites from your browser.

Metacritic has this game at a 6/10. So I mean, that's a passing grade in college so that means great to me.

Ds get degrees my friends.

Why would I remotely care about reviews for a thing I've been playing for 3 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm sorry to say MiDA is p bad in PvP, but at least it still owns bones in PvE (it might be better than before)

Kinda makes you think, doesn't it.

mida is a fast scout rifle with hcr, it's not 'bad'

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

To be fair the 6.1 is the user score on metacritic, which I guarantee you is entirely people who haven't even played the game bitching about microtransactions while they torrent whatever PC release they want to play this week.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

VanillaGorilla posted:

To be fair the 6.1 is the user score on metacritic, which I guarantee you is entirely people who haven't even played the game bitching about microtransactions while they torrent whatever PC release they want to play this week.

9/10 bad user reviews I read for any game is complaining about DLC and microtransactions, even if theyre mostly cosmetic

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Sorry to be the millionth goon to ask about clan invites, but I checked the last few pages and didn't see any info on the xbone overflow clans. Is there anywhere I should be looking?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I incidentally completed the flashpoint before 260,, rip

then again I got goofy titan smg exotic legs

If you finish it is the engram level set right at that moment?

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 9, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

tao of lmao posted:

Sorry to be the millionth goon to ask about clan invites, but I checked the last few pages and didn't see any info on the xbone overflow clans. Is there anywhere I should be looking?

The free clinic in your area, you know, the discreet one.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

actionjackson posted:

I incidentally completed the flashpoint before 260,, rip

then again I got goofy titan smg exotic legs

If you finish it is the engram level set right at that moment?

It is but you'll be fine. I popped my flash point at 220 no regerts and I'm still creeping up on 280.

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Sent a request for big dumb as g-doggy. I enjoy long walks on the beach and punching space man's in the space dicks. Xoxo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol right after using my shader on a piece of legendary armor I got another, better piece of legendary armor. But I also got a pink shader for it so it's okay. :buddy:

I'm glad that I can look just as stupid as I did in D1.

It's still a bummer that each subclass effectively only has two varients instead of a bunch of toggles and stuff, but the thing that still annoys me the most is that the Striker's shoulder charge (I don't care it sucks now it's fun) and health recovery on melee kills are on separate paths. :argh:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 9, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
wow survival is a supremely bad game mode

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Currently sitting at PL242. How effective is gearing via PvP at this point? I really enjoy it but have yet to dip into it in D2.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

wow survival is a supremely bad game mode

All the competitive modes are pretty bad. And drag on way too loving long.

Quinch
Oct 21, 2008

Drop rate seems great, much improved from the first game. They've made loot more boring though - each gun will always drop with the same perks and there's less choices with the perks. Honestly wouldn't mind grinding Nessus for a kinetic Uriels gift with better perks but you can't.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DrNutt posted:

All the competitive modes are pretty bad. And drag on way too loving long.

Yeah, I don't like the bomb one and survival's sort of just whatever.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

survival is good

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

How are public events best for raising light, the tokens? Do Heroics spout only one chest? I've been grabbing only one, and it's crappy blues. I'm retarded.

Yeah a majority of heroics I do just give like 1-2 token and a blue, makes it seem pointless.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
heroics take less time than a strike, give you 3 planet tokens, supply a bunch of enemies to maybe give you more engram chances, and have the chest at the end. plus a higher XP reward for less time investment.

if your goal is to powerlevel your..power level, heroics are faster than just about any other activity in the game right now

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'll always go for the heroic simply because I'm not a fun hating weenie. There's more mans to shoot and some of them get straight up hectic.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yo where can I get some Midnight Talons shaders? I want to be BLACK GOLD

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Yo where can I get some Midnight Talons shaders? I want to be BLACK GOLD

It's all RNG. Best bet is from the level up engrams I'd imagine.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

tao of lmao posted:

Less than 100 xbones sold, so there aren't any over flow clans for people with bad purchasing decisions

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The problem with heroic events is randoms are just straight up dumb. Bungie kind of hosed up by requiring any coordination at all from random people that can't even talk to each other.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

The problem with heroic events is randoms are just straight up dumb. Bungie kind of hosed up by requiring any coordination at all from random people that can't even talk to each other.

Just ignore the objective and do whatever you need to heroify it by yourself.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

I tried that on a vex one once, and while I was capturing the zone everyone else ran over to do the same thing and left the conflux undefended. :downs:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
edit: does the PS4 only connect to official sony bluetooth devices? I've got a pair of bluetooth headphones for my phone (taotronics) and my PS4 detects but doesn't connect to them.

Kin fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 9, 2017

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

xzzy posted:

Or Bungie's philosophy is that their game is best when players are coordinating and communicating so they encourage people to do that by making sure the best rewards require good coordination.

I'm fine with it, and I say that as someone who spends a lot of my Destiny time solo. It seems like they've gone a long way to provide a path for continued progression if you do solo a lot (at least half the weekly milestones don't require all that much coordination), and look like they're doing a lot to make grouping easier.

They can always continue to make that last part better, but as long as they keep trying then I'm fine with the idea that being on the bleeding edge means you need to actually work with people.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Anyone want to do the nightfall soon on PS4? Pictorial_Gnome is my name.

coldtaxi
Jan 1, 2009
Applied to PS4 clan, PSN Teximoo

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

limaCAT posted:

Better grind public events before next week "the team believed that the drop rate was too high" patch then.

i'd probably put money down on them doing something like this

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Emalde posted:

i'd probably put money down on them doing something like this

“Here at bungie we were really inspired by the loot experience provided by vanilla Diablo 3”

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Linx posted:

“Here at bungie we were really inspired by the loot experience provided by vanilla Diablo 3”

destiny 1 went through hundreds of hands, and nobody ever stopped to question "yes, purples turning into blues is Good, leave it like that"

i don't trust them for a loving second to let their players have Too Much fun, just look at PVP :lol:

Emalde fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 9, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Premades being matched against randoms is the shittiest loving thing. It's quick play, ffs, I'm using that mode to get away from the tryhards.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
At first I wasn't big on the Aperture Science shotgun but then i used it in the middle of a mob and they all just kinda died and went flying. poo poo's great and actually feels like an exotic.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

FishBulb posted:

This is pretty much impossible for some of the events, though, since you need multiple people to trigger them. Namely the Taken blight and the Cabal Injection Rig ones.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
where do i get the crucible emblem that tells you your k/d or your efficiency or your hugs per minute or whatever dumbass stat destiny 2 is tracking in pvp

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

What counts as a Powerful enemy? Yellow bar, or orange bar? I'm doing the Drang/Golden Age Relic quest.

EDIT: it's yellow. Any good places to find reliable Despoiler Captain or other yellow Fallen spawns?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

strangemusic posted:

What counts as a Powerful enemy? Yellow bar, or orange bar? I'm doing the Drang/Golden Age Relic quest.

Both.

Although, there are a few servitors that don't count.

Just fast travel to Nessus, hit up the Lost Sector across the valley when you are at Exodus Black. Just rush through it skipping everyone until you get to the captain at the back. Kill it, zone out, repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone that was bummed that they could only see their legacy thing once at the beginning of the game, can view it again from the character select screen by clicking the Age of Trump logo