Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm torn because on one hand, arc warlock is hilarious and I love palpatine-ing people, but Titan fits my playstyle a bit more since I usually just run directly at people and shoot them in the face/punch them a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

DrNutt posted:

Hey there Insane Totoro, I made an incredibly stupid youtube video joke for your rad contest. God bless.

https://youtu.be/DeqK8oSlcSM

Thank you for the kinky..... submission.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Thumbtacks posted:

I'm torn because on one hand, arc warlock is hilarious and I love palpatine-ing people, but Titan fits my playstyle a bit more since I usually just run directly at people and shoot them in the face/punch them a lot.

Titan has the most satisfying jump in the game if that tips the scales.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Jumps in order from best to worst: hunter triple jump ----------------------> rip hunter blink :( --------> warlock blink ----> warlock glide -------------------------------------------------------------------------> whatever the gently caress thing titans do

Titan > all at the gauntlet. I literally beat the warlock I was running with by 10-15 seconds each time.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Norns posted:

Warlock jumps feel gross

Great, Really Outstanding, Super Stuff

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

Titan > all at the gauntlet. I literally beat the warlock I was running with by 10-15 seconds each time.

Without actually playing one during it, I think Hunter would have the easiest time running the gauntlet. Titan was pretty easy and I hated my life when I ran it with warlock.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I run the gauntlet every time with my 1 Mobility Warlock and dgaf, every fuckup is on behalf of the shooters :colbert:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Thumbtacks posted:

20% of my pvp kills (second highest after super) were melee in D1 as a Titan. Sadly they don't do as much damage this time around :(

Can confirm at least that running the gauntlet is amazing

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

What's the favorite for Titan jump? Strafe?

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

While we wait for maintenance to get over, I'm looking to get in on the raid with the Xbone crew again if anyone's planning on doing it again before reset. Probably not gonna have the free time to raid as easily as I did before but I'm back so yeah.

GT: Large Round Son

AKA: HILLARY IS BAE (RIP), ACTUALLY A BABY (RIP)

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Emalde posted:

I run the gauntlet every time with my 1 Mobility Warlock and dgaf, every fuckup is on behalf of the shooters :colbert:

On the occasion that they'd gently caress up I would just run on through to the next no problem. Warlock buddy would die every time.

The way we did it though, was everybody helps the person to their right, and if you're helping you shoot the lowest target.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

prologuetheory posted:

I liked the part where you Indiana Jones'd the lightsaber man.

lol that didn't occur to me

this thread needs more fusion gifs, where my fusion bros at

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hulk Krogan posted:

What's the favorite for Titan jump? Strafe?

I use strafe but it feels more vertical than in D1. I don't notice a difference between Catapult and Stafe at all anymore though tbh.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The trials gear is so bad looking lmao

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

the trials titan gear looks like hunter gear and it's loving recovery so it's useless in every respect

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the trials titan gear looks like hunter gear and it's loving recovery so it's useless in every respect

Warlock is resilience which is cool but I look like a futuristic rice patty farmer

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The weapons own because they went from Space Egypt to iPod, But It's A Gun

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The trials weapons look p deec with the shader Tess is selling that's gold and carbon fiber.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Warlock is resilience which is cool but I look like a futuristic rice patty farmer

shoot aliens in the winter
farm rice in the summer

guardians gotta make ends meet somehow

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Legs Benedict posted:

shoot aliens in the winter
farm rice in the summer

guardians gotta make ends meet somehow

Well yeah why do you think the farm is still available post-campaign

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
seriously why are there like 3 resilence titan sets in the game

if the iron banner gear isn't resilience i'm gonna lose my poo poo

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Emron posted:

The weapons own because they went from Space Egypt to iPod, But It's A Gun
The Vigilance Wing is basically pure space egypt. It even has a lil sun instead of a sight, and a scarab that changes colour instead of a ammo counter.

Unfortunately it's a horrible ammo waster because the last two rounds of each burst usually end up in the ceiling for most enemies, and it's exotic traits are based around your fireteam being poo poo and dying, which is hardly ideal. Plus that nifty lil scarab ammo counter is cool looking, but ultimately useless for telling the ammo in your magazine.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I hope they add some more stuff to this game and not just in the paid DLC. They could have a horde mode repeatable mission you could do on the farm post campaign, defend it from invading aliens and poo poo. Heroic strikes seem like an obvious addition, just to make them a bit more interesting to do than they are now, maybe with better rewards as well (not sure if they have strike exclusive loot for specific ones but if so running them would be better if they were more interesting).

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 18, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

seriously why are there like 3 resilence titan sets in the game

if the iron banner gear isn't resilience i'm gonna lose my poo poo

How much of a difference does it even make this time? I remember the equivalent in D1 was like one bullet's difference from the shittiest gun.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Related: What is the deal with the graviton lance recoil? It sounds cool but it feels almost impossible to land hits with, like it's totally different from every other gun in the game.

RBA Starblade posted:

How much of a difference does it even make this time? I remember the equivalent in D1 was like one bullet's difference from the shittiest gun.

In Destiny 1 a max armor titan would have different breakpoints and certain things that would kill other characters outright would be (barely) survivable like tripmines. I don't know if this is still true but it does make a difference, every so often you'd win with a sliver of health left when you would have died without the armor and it added up.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

limited posted:

The Vigilance Wing is basically pure space egypt. It even has a lil sun instead of a sight, and a scarab that changes colour instead of a ammo counter.

Unfortunately it's a horrible ammo waster because the last two rounds of each burst usually end up in the ceiling for most enemies, and it's exotic traits are based around your fireteam being poo poo and dying, which is hardly ideal. Plus that nifty lil scarab ammo counter is cool looking, but ultimately useless for telling the ammo in your magazine.

Yeah the whole schtick with that gun is it is a remnant of the old trials

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

Related: What is the deal with the graviton lance recoil? It sounds cool but it feels almost impossible to land hits with, like it's totally different from every other gun in the game.

The recoil is post burst. Use it like a scout rifle.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mr. WTF posted:

You do...It isn't in there. I am at stage 2 of the AR though, messaged wrecks box on the clan page.

Right, Wrecks has to send the invite out manually.

Slack gets fussy if there's too many invites out, it gets you flagged as spammers or something. So a manual invite on request is how we do it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

haveblue posted:

what? the gun is literally perfectly accurate. the gun does not move until the third shot has left and all the bullets have left.

RBA Starblade posted:

in d1 having max armor was literally the most gameplay-affecting decision you could make with your stats, what are you talking about?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what? the gun is literally perfectly accurate. the gun does not move until the third shot has left and all the bullets have left.

Yeah, but getting it back on target for the second burst is something my muscle memory doesn't seem ready for. I guess I'll practice more with it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

in d1 having max armor was literally the most gameplay-affecting decision you could make with your stats, what are you talking about?

Wasn't there some video where people were testing and the difference between zero and max armor on a Titan was literally one bullet out of the weakest auto rifle archtype? I don't remember anymore it's been a while.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the difference between max armor and not max armor for most of d1's life was the difference between being killed by a shoulder charge and not, being killed by a tripmine or not, and a number of hand-cannon breakpoints (going from 3 to 4 for a kill). it was certainly not one auto rifle shot, except maybe at launch or at the end of d1 when it was changed. and that was just going from '1 below max' to 'actually max' armor.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

haveblue posted:

Yeah, but getting it back on target for the second burst is something my muscle memory doesn't seem ready for. I guess I'll practice more with it.

Shoot it like Jade Rabbit. When it comes back to rest, pull the trigger again. Don't try to compensate heavily for the post-burst kick.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the difference between max armor and not max armor for most of d1's life was the difference between being killed by a shoulder charge and not, being killed by a tripmine or not, and a number of hand-cannon breakpoints (going from 3 to 4 for a kill). it was certainly not one auto rifle shot, except maybe at launch or at the end of d1 when it was changed. and that was just going from '1 below max' to 'actually max' armor.

Oh maybe I'm thinking about that and misremembering then.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you could also be thinking about the .08 percent auto rifle damage buff

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It drifted up and down with balance patches but I remember the ultra sweaty hardcore would ban max armor loadouts from private matches because it was too far removed from typical player behavior.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
private matches were balanced around a three thorn shot kill which was the most lmao poo poo ever

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you could also be thinking about the .08 percent auto rifle damage buff

Yeah it's probably something like that. I haven't played D1 in a year and a half tbh. I'm trying to max resilience followed by recovery and treating mobility as a nice bonus in D2 anyway, recovery feels pretty noticeable with increases.

quote:

private matches were balanced around a three thorn shot kill which was the most lmao poo poo ever

I forgot about that loving gun lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Could Recovery be sneaky-good in Trials?

I know I get teamshot to critical health just from poking my head around the corner, leaving my Battle Buddy to get 2v1'd until I get some shield regen

I'm retarded tho so don't listen to me about Trials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

DrNutt posted:

Hey there Insane Totoro, I made an incredibly stupid youtube video joke for your rad contest. God bless.

https://youtu.be/DeqK8oSlcSM

Yes, this was horrible. Do not watch. Or watch it with the sound turned off so you don't have to endure some pleb smucking on food like a god drat pleb.