Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Back in September, I spent $50 on Silver when I was excited to play all of the games content while showing off my loot.

Nowadays, I slog through the boring same content so that I can unlock new loot. I can't imagine spending money on the loot to bypass the only reason I play the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

So... I just got one of these

https://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/468276817-nature-of-the-beast

Time to try out the new lucky pants

This thing has the longest reload ever, ugh.

Luckily my new Obsidian Aspect gauntlets fix that up real good. I may have found my favorite exotic just for the sheer utility. As much as i love winter's guile punchytimes..

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Arrath posted:

This thing has the longest reload ever, ugh.

Luckily my new Obsidian Aspect gauntlets fix that up real good. I may have found my favorite exotic just for the sheer utility. As much as i love winter's guile punchytimes..

I tried a heroic strike with devils+beast and lucky pants... can't say I enjoyed the play style very much. I was on my lovely remote play, which hampers my aim a bit. I'll have to give it another try.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Norns posted:

So you've spent 250 dollars on this now? Lol
$250? On Destiny total? That is lol!

All things considered, D1 and D2 have gotten me to spend ~$900 (years of PS+ and PS4 Pro upgrade costs included, plus the games and expansions, etc). I love Destiny and am in for the long haul. Idgaf, I ain't hurting for cash.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Back in September, I spent $50 on Silver when I was excited to play all of the games content while showing off my loot.

Nowadays, I slog through the boring same content so that I can unlock new loot. I can't imagine spending money on the loot to bypass the only reason I play the game
Dust bypassing rng really does it for me. If I'm not into playing for a bit or can't, I like to be able to buy an item directly and without having to triage what I can or can't get later. To get a shot at that rng while getting guaranteed currency for guaranteed ability to procure, worth a few bucks imo.

I actually really, really like Eververse and overall think it's terrific wrt the store itself- the items within, Bright engrams and Dust implementation, and lots more. I absolutely hate that the game tyrannically focuses on and pushes the store as it makes things lovely and gross, and upsets so many players. I would love if events and poo poo were narrative driven, and activities were another source for the item types now monopolized by Tess, and hope those become true one day but until then, poo poo.

Only things remaining I want are the Kabr ship and Acrius ornament. Once I have those, I'll be set for a long while.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 20, 2017

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Hell yeah, Cerulean Flash from my freebie Dawning engram.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mikey-San posted:

Hell yeah, Cerulean Flash from my freebie Dawning engram.

Same, best ship I’ve seen. Love it.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Coldforge posted:

Same, best ship I’ve seen. Love it.

Ditto. I had been saving an extra Vex spawn effect, instantly put it on this ship.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I got a Rupture sparrow with instant summon for my free Dawning gift. Instantly put it on my Hunter so all my 3 characters have instant summon now. Now I just have to actually play the game once in a while

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Score of the night was that mercury Garden scout rifle from the forge thing. The level one gun I'm guessing. I immediately got hard and kinetic upgrade and crucible MW it (got reload). Looks tight as hell. Wish the scope didn't take up half the screen but I've been scout rifling with ranged scopes for about a month so it's fine.

I guess what I want now is the colony white gun skin and the tricky pants skin so I can do any dress up combo that isn't purple.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
I've seen it mentioned before sort of, but a game mode that would own is hardcore or horror patrol or whatever it would be called and only stray yellow bar enemies, bosses and lone wolf players allowed.. with friendly fire on. Public events would also be activated. It would be amazing.

E- sparrows off

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

are planetary material spawn points fixed? want to make a map with my hunter so I can find some phaseglass with my warlock

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

hiddenriverninja posted:

are planetary material spawn points fixed? want to make a map with my hunter so I can find some phaseglass with my warlock

Yeah but there are a lot of possible combinations

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

swims posted:

I immediately got hard

:same:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
https://i.imgur.com/EmrPVXP.gifv

no thanks, nerds

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:chanpop:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

unfortunately now i can't throw any more snowballs

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Mikey-San posted:

unfortunately now i can't throw any more snowballs

LOL

I'm stopping at 420.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Norns posted:

LOL

I'm stopping at 420.

hell yeah, the weed number

i'm seriously not going to pick up another snowball so it stays like that forever

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

We are very mature

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Norns posted:

We are very mature

*fart noise*

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The snow balls are so good for heroics if everyone agrees not to hit friendlies

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/0PHnJHX.gifv

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Snowballs are my anti-air weapon of choice. :v:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/943375196332969984

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
RIP in Peace

https://i.imgur.com/BCY7qzt.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Being on a scooter is the best way to protect yourself from a bad guy with a scooter

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

*accidentally kills my 1488th enemy with a snowball as the dawning ends* ah gently caress

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

These missions that you can get in ikora are absolutely rubbish. I walked around in circles in Io for one hour to complete one, and all I received was a ugly ship. I want my hour back.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I personally hold that you are the single best player of Destiny: The Game

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

These missions that you can get in ikora are absolutely rubbish. I walked around in circles in Io for one hour to complete one, and all I received was a ugly ship. I want my hour back.

They don't break down into Dust, no? Just Legendary shards?

Yeah, I think I'm dunzo with them because I got the sword today and I don't gently caress around with Legendary ish.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

My first game of Mayhem I get spawn-killed. Even better when its someone cloaking with a shotgun. Of course I also had AFK people on my team so I left that game pretty fast. Not a great start.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Mill Village posted:

My first game of Mayhem I get spawn-killed. Even better when its someone cloaking with a shotgun. Of course I also had AFK people on my team so I left that game pretty fast. Not a great start.

It's fun who cares

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mayhem is great, and useful. Void + colony grenade launcher = awezomez

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RIP my balls

Also, sometimes Mayhem is fun

Right before that clip I had gotten a double kill with a rocket

And in that clip you can see that there are 4 guardians in my golden gun sights

Exceptional Spawning

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I just finished a Mayhem match against a team of warlocks with zero cooldown- they could fire nova bombs the instant they finished firing their last one and filled the entire level with it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

I just finished a Mayhem match against a team of warlocks with zero cooldown- they could fire nova bombs the instant they finished firing their last one and filled the entire level with it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7kz3uh/nova_bomb_is_completely_broken_infinite_nova_bomb/

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/943627437786591233

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

haveblue posted:

Were they all wearing the Skull of Dire Whatsisname? As long as they kept killing people with the nova bombs, it’s conceivable.

Edit: hahahahaa “dodgeball,” what a great bug.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 21, 2017

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Gatdamn, why is it that when I actually WANT them I can't find any planetary mats? Normally I'm drowning in the stuff.

Warlock has always been Masterclass, the game is just bowing to its betters. :colbert:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

So glad I'm sitting Mayhem out lmao

The faults with Mayhem are, without exception (uh maybe one exception *dies to infinite nova bombs*) faults with the base 4v4 experience.

Bad spawns, the one idiot dragging down the whole team, rotation heavy gameplay, etc....it’s just....still there. Not new.