Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How big is the day 1 patch on the ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Six gigs is there even anything in the game disc

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So what Halo game is this game rehashing

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So like why is my character mute now after being voiced in 1
Like there's a really silly take early on where Ghost says something that should definitely have been said by you based on the fact that your character even moves their head and arms like they were talking

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Elmon posted:

Not really sure why we are fighting them/they fighting us. Vex definitely best.

They're pissy their bae the traveler is with us now

And the cabal were due for representation but they're just halo enemies and that's boring and overdone

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Oldstench posted:

Here's a quick recap:
Traveller good but aloof.
Humans strong from Traveller for a while.
Darkness bad.
Darkness come.
Traveller turn off, Ghosts pop out.
You reborn immortal to shoot bads in face.

It's a bit more nuanced than that
Darkness bad
Darkness come
Traveler try to run away but warmachine went bitch you staying to help and shot it super hard to cripple it and force it to make a stand
Traveler turn off, etc

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That's wrong and has always been wrong and is fully confirmed as wrong in game during destiny 2 you moron

Listen up you son of bitch I'm barely on mission 3 and I don't even know if there's a codex in here to tell me about the game's plot

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So what's the intro like if you play 2 without a 1 save file

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So what does that guy call you early on if you never played Destiny 1/Iron Banner expansion

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is the Hawkmoon still in it
What's the consensus of the Sunshot because in my opinion, it is "good" and I wish I had the resources and knowledge to improve it from 150 to whatever my current best energy weapon is

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I feel like this game didn't take the piss out of the concept of spehs muhreen enough and that's lame because spehs muhreens loving suck

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's this On the Comms quest step

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Legs Benedict posted:

why would you expect that to be the DLC when everything in the game is priming another big Hive thing

What gently caress are you serious JESUS CHRIST THEY'RE SPACE ZOMBIE RELIGIOUS ZEALOTS WE FUCKEN GET IT
What's priming for their return other than them appearing on Titan?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So it's only the three classes you get? We lost Blademaster and whatever goofy names void titans and fire warlocks get?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Wouldn't a huge sea serpent be an ahamkara

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Balthesar posted:

The Speaker was a con man who talked his way into importance. I'm glad he's dead.

Hey man he said he spoke FOR the Traveler, not TO it

And I thought an adventure specified that he ain't dead, he's just being held hostage by other cabal

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Eris probably hosed off to the reef with the remaining exo exiles
How many loose threads/expansion hooks are there? Off the top of my head there's the fallen on the edz who are from a house the guardians have never heard of, the Cabal emperor/leviathan and whatever dumb repetitive bullshit the hive are doing that will just award us the same buglike fishbowl like armor and weapons
And I think the vex are trying to turn nessus into a machine but that's just business as usual

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh right there's also the pyramidal ships which I hope aren't hive related

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I thought the goo in Io was Vex goo

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So if Rasputin wounding the traveler to keep it from running away bunk, what really is Rasputin's deal

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Never got around to doing the last raid, what was the lore on Rise of the Machines or whatever that was called

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I liked the bit where they were planning for Rasputin to exist as a physical entity because he downloaded himself into an exo

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So I forgot what exactly the black garden was
Like there was a corrupted chunk of the traveler in it and the vex were so impressed and baffled by it they logically concluded there was nothing they could do but worship it
But then what

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also I forgot that the Exo Stranger had the two dumbest lines in all of Destiny 1, how the vex are so evil they hate other evil and how she doesn't have time to explain why she doesn't have time to explain

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And the writers totally hosed up the scale of villain importance on the first game
Like yeah the Fallen who are the last raid threaten to destroy all of humanity and the Cabal are dumb spehs mureens oorah and the Hive who got two expansions threaten to destroy the entire universe eventually but the Vex loving want to rewrite reality to make their superiority a fundamental law of nature on every single multiverse which is a pretty big deal because they were super close to achieving it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm gonna wait one month to do the raid until goons or my friends bring it down to a science and then let them carry me through it in thirty minutes

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

pork never goes bad posted:

What is this thing where one planet is better for public events so it's just straight popping off all the time called and which planet is it now? Basically, i'm 210 and I wanna get all that loving power energy light all over myself as fast as possible but I don't know what the deal is with this planet thing. Also, when do you start to infuse gear?

It's Nessum the planet covered in vex liquidy goo. Events are constantly popping on and off and if you do so many you get a purple engram reward from Cayde (I got Fearless or whatever the arc smg with chainlightning exotic is called and a dece pair of purple boots) you can begin infusing engrams as soon as you get your hands on legendary shards which you can get from dismantling purple gear or randomly from vanguard rewards

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
When are we getting a Prison of Elders like thing or Court of Oryx or whatever like thing (preferably without hive because hive are boring)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The Titan Titan armor looks so cool

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

seriously just lol if you didnt slam pick the Sunshot when the game gave you your pick of three exotic weapons

on an unrelated note, how the hell do I get bright dust? I have broken down a handful of exotic dupes and more legendaries than I can remember and I have never gotten a single dust. At this point, I have almost 150 shards, I have to be doing something wrong.

I think they're from purple ghost shells

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Ehhh that's a little disappointing. I figured they wouldn't do it as the centerpiece of a new release but the Cabal seem like the most thematically appropriate race for a combat centered raid. Squads of NPC guardians and ships fighting with battalions of Cabal at Twilight Gap 2 could be a cathartic cap to getting your light back, ending with Die Hard'ing Gaul off his dumb ship.

I'd settle for Shaxx flipping his poo poo because I fist of havoc'd ten hovertanks in a row.

Gaul's dead, raid boss is Emperor Tubby of the Cabal

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's the lore on the raid

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Emperor Hedonismbot wants to help you to get huge because the light sort of sucks.

Do you kill him at the end

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is there like a supercut video of this or any of the previous raids? Like just a video edited to the most important parts of each raid, so instead of a miserable 10 hour video of people loving up it's a quick 20 minute video of people succeeding and moving on

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm gonna do a big lmao when he sells Sunshot, Gravitron and Risk Runner

I'd be OK with that, I am intrigued by the gravitron

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Norns posted:

Gravitron makes fun sounds. I want a Sunslinger tho

Sunshot wins just from its animation
So good

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Doom Rooster posted:

Yeah, depending on how many shards/glimmer they are from Xur, I'd probably rather just level an alt, pick up the exotic, ship it over and infuse.

I only played D1 vanilla. Are there no Suros Regime/Gjallarhorn "Holy poo poo get this ASAP" weapons out there now? FWIW, I am an Auto or Scout rifle guy.

Wardcliff coil I think

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I have a Merciless so I'm glad to know I am good and have value and worth

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man the eververse gear looks loving awesome and I'm seriously considering dropping real life money to get it (piece by piece, weekly, if the RNG agrees with me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What is this bullshit mechaneer's tricksleeves, who the gently caress is clamoring for a whole exotic that makes the weakest shittiest weapons slighty less lovely
It's worse than the warlock's crabwalkers but that at least had the added benefit of increasing heavy ammo