Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

lmao

"we're actually not done porting it yet" ~a bungie employee

enjoy your console port ya fuckin dorks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Steve2911 posted:

loving hell you talk like D1's raids were the height of complex game design.

Endgame multiplayer has been this way for over a decade now and it's fine.

Steve! You and your bad opinions are back!

:banjo:

http://i.imgur.com/dI1M8Ey.mp4

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Tei posted:

Steve, if you like singleplayer Massive Multiplayer Online Games you must try Elders Scroll Online. It has a fuckton of content, the average quality is good with parts that are very good. The game do a lot of heavy instancing and ... is actually easier to do solo than in a group (the quest instancing gets in the way). The game now feels even more like Skyrim that at release. Is a good game.

:allears:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I can't tell if I like the new interface design or not

Not like it matters, we're playing it anyways.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

So, 4v4 PvP huh?

Probably just a lazy way of addressing lag and match making concerns caused by 6v6. Definitely going to see tiny CoD style maps.
I agree on both counts.

CheeseFactory posted:

Wonder what they are going to do about Trials? Can't imagine it's going to be 4v4. But who knows.
This will entirely depend on the game mode they chose to be Trials. Really sick of Elim. So much down time.

CheeseFactory posted:

I'm getting a bad feeling that Titan is going to be the worst. Hope im wrong.
Well Titan skating is gone soooooooooooooo

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

I know, that hurts a lot.

I never skated that much, or not fast anyway, more so just used it to create space and get angles. I'll need to feel it out. That Warlock does look pretty dope.

I do like everything i'm hearing. What True Vanguard had to say was promising.

Yeah I'm most interested in the streamer takes in the next few days.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I like how Bernie is now Farley and wintrr somehow made it into the Sexy PvP A Team

place holders :flaccid:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Hope everyone noticed the slow radar fade-in after taking yourself out of ADS. So long ADS spam for ghetto 3rd eye on special

edit: or that supers are announced in the game feed

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 19, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Can't wait for the beta to be a buggy loving mess.
Probably.
How was the D1 beta anyway?

really well received, actually

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

1 thing to notice from that footage is that a double melee doesn't kill. Big focus on gun skill. Movement looks slower though.

yeah, just saw that on patrick's video, 3 slap kill

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

OdinsBeard posted:

You fan fire the golden gun now and it owns

its back to doing poo poo damage. took 3 hits to down a red bar.

:downsgun:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

To be fair, this guy kinda sucks

it took him nearly 15 minutes to even use his third ability. its loving painful to watch

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

plinking away at the drill officer with his sidearm and only barely remembering that he has a loving grenade launcher.
And then letting the ADS recoil gently caress up most of those shots

he kills himself with the grenade launcher during the boss fight

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

the good fax machine posted:

It's pretty hilarious that KDs are gone.. I wonder if that's just for the new game type since it's sort of like elimination, or if that'll go for everything.

what are gone?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Man that strike boss seemed really bullet sponge-y.. maybe it's just a gear issue, but meh, that wasn't nearly as cool as I'd hoped a "three-stage boss" would be. I didn't notice any mechanic other than what, the floor disappearing twice and the boss changing elements.

its very much gear related. why on god's green earth would they give promo players level matched gear on a reveal day? lmao @ giving a bunch of turbo nerds the gear needed to blow through brand new content in 5 minutes live

you're reading way too much into this.

Destiny 2: This is what Destiny 1 Should Have Been At Launch. Mea Culpa

we aren't getting a brand new game

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

:same:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I said no cross save, not no cross play. What difference does it make to you if people can export their players to different systems? Asking genuinely, as I'm curious as to whether you don't want top level Xbox players to be able to jump to PS4 or vice versa, or what?

Ever play (public lobby) Diablo 3 on a console? That's one reason.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Can't say that I have.. so what's the deal?

It adds a layer of unnecessary complexity that can be taken advantage of. In D3's case it was cross save from different generations that allowed pc modified files to be transferred to current Gen.

Not saying this is exactly what's going to happen but it's just one example.

Besides, there isn't a huge population of gamers that jump entire platforms on same title so why bother?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FishBulb posted:

Has Destiny ever had a real hidden secret thing? When was the last time anything had some secret ARG thing? Seems like forever.

The Owl Sector event from a year ago

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 19, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
the 4v4 only thing is weird but overall they all look like good changes and theres some salty whiny babies in here

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The Elim nature of count down basically means that Trials will shift to 4v4 CD. Calling it.

a good change imo. 3v3 Elim is loving trash

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Utnayan posted:

Oh I definitely realize that. However, according to the kokatu link, a lot of this stuff was functional and ready to roll until the cuts happened.

stop posting a stupid loving 2 year old article we read and discussed ad nauseam in the last thread. no one gave a poo poo then and no one gives a poo poo now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

lol good jokes, you PS4 fellas are alright. I feel like the guy in Avatar when he realized the blue people were just like him, only poor and lived in mud huts

Trees. Trees you loving mook.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Spiv posted:

Mine just poops.

EDIT reasonable contribution: I would think that if that chaingun has a spin-up, it would make it not ideal in a higher TTK pvp, no?

People will just run around with it pre spooled just like people do now with fusion rifles.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
hammers is such a weirdly inconsistent super for me.

http://i.imgur.com/PiZenTI.gifv

randomly get multikills with a single hammer, fail to hit one loving guy with 3 hammers. best around tho so thats par for the course

tfw you tell the new guy the wrong button for running relic and he melee's himself off the edge

http://i.imgur.com/PvbLGBK.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 20, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Has anything been announced about how the leveling/light system is changing, if at all? I found that the most asinine part of the first game - the leveling system made older content pointless as they raised the cap and the light system made playing with friends not at your level frustrating.

What? That's not how the light system works at all. Once you were a few levels/ light over the content your damage caps off. It was actually a pretty decent solution to level disparity between friends playing the same content.

Have you played a game where its done really loving poorly? Division?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ah, it's been a while since I played, I guess I forgot how it works. Still, have they announced anything at all? A lot of those mechanics hamstrung the core gameplay for me no matter how much content they added. And I still see the utterly pointless "20" next to people's names in the gameplay streams, which worries me.

Nothing but it''ll probably match every other MMO style leveling where the initial grind to level cap is just putting you in another content bracket with the next leveling system. Diablo: Level -> Paragon. Destiny 1: Level -> Light. It's not exactly a new concept to Destiny.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

My point is that it wasn't fun to play the old content. You just steamroll it. And I know about infusion, but raising the level cap still nullified a lot of time and effort people put in to get their gear. I really want to know how they're addressing that.

check back in september

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah, so long as 1:1 infusion remains its a fine system

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/yX7UkOS.mp4

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
:same: but way gayer

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Some Zero posted:

Did anyone see if heavy synths are still a thing and do they require 45 seconds of loading and menus to access?

lmao thats way more in depth than whats going to be shown at a play demo

inventory and mission are locked on those things. always.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Meat Dimension posted:

From looking at the multiplayer footage I thought that the time between pressing option to the character menu becoming responsive was way faster as well as map loading.

The problem is that all that info is server side and they were in a walled garden environment

e: bad phone postin'

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 20, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Spiv posted:

Close the thread. It's over.

EDIT contribution: I would also like to see some radial wheel. There's too many good options that are moment specific to just keep clapping, or laughing, or bowing, to everything.

i dunno. grieves has a pretty thick 99% use case scenario rating

downside, streamers use it

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The John cena wave almost looks like a dude doing the jo/sploosh motion from the back

you had me at "from the back"

:gizz:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
tbf srl would have been way more fun if it was less like srl and more like spy hunter

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
actual perk revealed at launch

Better: Gun is slightly better now

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

too many numbers, not bungie's style

Day +1 balance patch notes revealed

- "Better" perk over performing in Crucible. Tweaking slightly to make less better.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

limaCAT posted:

The pc thread will just be relevant after a couple of weeks from launch and only for 3 months, so :justpost:

this but unironically

Bungie API is still being lovely. I haven't seen any recorded games post in a few days :(

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
destiny spawns

http://i.imgur.com/Pr24x3R.gifv

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS