Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
No loner pandering! Long live steve.gifv!

Also solar damage is orange not red

:eyepop:

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol the thread icon

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 25, 2018

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

PC version may not be out on September 8, no confirmed date yet: http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-pc-release-date/

rekt

I'll just play my PS4 copy in the meantime :shrug:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Still holding my breath for mobile

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

:vince:

e WAIT since when is cheesefactory Bone Krew?!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffle House posted:

Ah. Yeah, guess this is just a shortcoming on my part, but I pretty much only post itt on this here Games forum

Same here.. Actually, I did dabble in the Andromeda thread for a bit, and he's right. As has been said a thousand times before, it shouldn't be difficult for someone to start a hardware thread if they can't figure out where the Optimize button is in Nvidia control panel or whatever. Nobody wants to read about that poo poo, myself included.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Policenaut posted:

I'm pretty sure that was just for Clan banners.

Yeah, but think of all the endless potential for banners with dicks on them.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Meat Dimension posted:

I'm going to guess that the guided matchmaking modes will absolutely poo poo stuff at participating groups to get them to sherpa people who want to see the raid

That's honestly not a bad idea. I was wondering what the incentive would be otherwise. My group has encountered enough retards that we usually just cancel when we can't field a full team.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
We are, at you

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
LMFAO if there is no mic requirement

and also :rip: endgame PVE

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sure, but they'll have the build the raid around the fact that at least one moron might be incapable of communicating with the rest of their team

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pretty sure that was supposed to be in D1 and got recycled

e sorry about the ridiculous image but it's all I could find

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 18, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Meat Dimension posted:

Like the Cabal raid that was canned for years? :v:

I suspect we'll also finally see Fate of all Fools or whatever the gun they gave that terminal dude was called, among other things

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

el B posted:

I can't wait to get a gun with +2 Well Roundedness as a perk.

Looks like you get to apply mods/perks to guns as well, based on the character screens I posted. I'm interested to see if guns drop bare and you apply all mods/perks, or if they come partially kitted, or what.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
^^ LOL nice av

el B posted:

I'm very upset about snipers having low ammo chances... But the writing has been on the wall for a while now :(

Really hoping there's a No Land Beyond variant available as primary. Won't be holding my breath.

I think it's pretty safe to say secondary primaries and recharging ammo have been ruined forever

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

Its now trials of the nine so who knows.

What? Did they really say that?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's pretty hilarious that KDs are gone.. I wonder if that's just for the new game type since it's sort of like elimination, or if that'll go for everything.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

what are gone?

At least for the new game type, it doesn't track your KD, it counts assists too so the number displayed at the end of matches is your K/AD

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man that strike boss seemed really bullet sponge-y.. maybe it's just a gear issue, but meh, that wasn't nearly as cool as I'd hoped a "three-stage boss" would be. I didn't notice any mechanic other than what, the floor disappearing twice and the boss changing elements.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also ghost cringe dialogue is in full effect

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah it looks a lot like an Overwatch map which is a shame because I liked how wide and open a lot of Destiny 1 crucible maps were. That combined with the drop to 4v4 for everything is disappointing and gives the impression that everything's being scaled back and slowed down. I was looking forward to more 6v6 Mayhem and Rift :(

Do we know if the Moon, Mars, Dreadnought and Venus are returning in this game, or are the only locations the four new ones that they mentioned?

Presumably just the new locations.. Although D1 did have pvp maps that took you places you never go to, like Mercury (well, most people anyway :smuggo:)

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
No X-save :( Hope that gaf gently caress gets banned
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/destiny-2-wont-have-cross-save-between-pc-and-console

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Definitely no dedicated servers, but you already knew that.

quote:

We spoke with David Shaw, Bungie’s senior producer on the PC version, who told us Destiny 2 definitely wouldn’t have dedicated servers. I also pressed him on whether it would have a better tick rate than Destiny 1 which was abysmal, but he couldn’t go into any additional detail beyond saying it would still be some form of peer to peer.
http://www.pcgamer.com/hands-on-with-the-pc-version-of-destiny-2-campaign-strikes-and-pvp/

Just heard it straight from Luke Smith on IGN's livestream too

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 19, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
They just have to confirm the return of SBMM and my bingo card is complete

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

its very much gear related. why on god's green earth would they give promo players level matched gear on a reveal day? lmao @ giving a bunch of turbo nerds the gear needed to blow through brand new content in 5 minutes live

you're reading way too much into this.

Destiny 2: This is what Destiny 1 Should Have Been At Launch. Mea Culpa

we aren't getting a brand new game

While I sort of agree, they're showing the game off to a lot of people that wrote off the first game because of a lot of bad design choices, including bullet sponge enemies. It just didn't seem like the greatest look when they are definitely capable of creating more interesting encounters.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

I said no cross save, not no cross play. What difference does it make to you if people can export their players to different systems? Asking genuinely, as I'm curious as to whether you don't want top level Xbox players to be able to jump to PS4 or vice versa, or what?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Ever play (public lobby) Diablo 3 on a console? That's one reason.

Can't say that I have.. so what's the deal?

CheeseFactory posted:

Less chance of PC spam in the thread.

That's actually fair enough

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://i.imgur.com/dI1M8Ey.gifv

It unites us all

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hm. Please loving god no more Taken ever again. Ever. Also nice editing there.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG posted:

I thought the ghost dialogue was cute

:suicide:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

I think some of you need to realize that Bungie is never gunna get rid of SBMM and either stop playing a game you hate because of a feature that's going nowhere or accept it.

Meant to reply to this as well, and I agree 100%. Game is going to remain P2P and if SBMM hasn't gone away then it sure as hell isn't going anywhere in the next 3 years, and just lmao if you think otherwise. They might try to claim that that have some ideas that they aren't going to talk about, and if you believe that, well, I've got a bridge to sell you.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think he reads this thread anymore, he got banned.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm also in the titan shoulder pads look way too fuckin bulky camp. I was so disappointed when I got a set of Maulers and I saw how ridiculous the shoulders looked, I never actually wore them.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I also dislike that the titan on the cover is generic as all gently caress military fade CoD protagonist #1354, but that's w/e

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

though I do agree titans are the master race, in certain configurations.

:swoon:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

the 4v4 only thing is weird but overall they all look like good changes and theres some salty whiny babies in here

Yes

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The Elim nature of count down basically means that Trials will shift to 4v4 CD. Calling it.

a good change imo. 3v3 Elim is loving trash

:agreed: Can't wait for 4v4 Trials with FRESH MEAT

Also direct from Luke Smith's mouth in that quote up there:

quote:

You know, the smaller team format, although it's one person bigger in the Trials case for sure here

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder if Trials will also get the revive point system or if it'll be the same, just 4v4

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Say you want Firefight. Stop giving them stupid ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

where are fusions going? power weapon slot?

Yes.. I missed them completely yesterday, but I watched the reveal again and at one point LS says that snipers, shotguns and fusions are all heavies.