Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alteisen posted:

I wonder if bosses still have melee attacks at close range, cause if they do it makes pole dancer hunter that much more useless.

I saw the minotaur one from the strike ground pound and send the guy flying outside the arena into the Vex jizz. So I'm going to say yes they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
So you could wait 3 years and buy the full game, and guess what, it'll be $60 then too and you won't have anything to complain about, other than lack of people to play with.

Or don't buy the game and go away, I don't give a poo poo

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

hiddenriverninja posted:

While they could announce the new classes later, It looks like they're going to restrict the vanilla to two subclasses. After getting all three in D1, dick move.

Uhhhhhh

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Where the gently caress did you all see something about soccer? That's at least the third mention I've seen of it, I didn't see no european nancyball

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Too bad all the sweatiest people here are already very firmly against playing on PC

I forgot about these leaked images.. I don't think this was part of the reveal yesterday, but looks like they were accurate nevertheless

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
No private matches at launch, lmao.. look for them as part of the year 5 update

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Private matches own.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Private matches are where you settle your differences with that one shitlord in pvp who decides he wants to be your rival

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Exactly. The point is private matches are extremely cool and good and lol I can't believe they are making the mistake of not including them again.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
POST FOREVERRR GUARDIAAANN

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Obviously I haven't touched the game yet, but I'm having a hard time imaging a scenario where a fusion rifle would be the weapon of choice for the power slot. I can maybe see running a shotgun or sniper in PVP, or definitely a sniper in some raid encounters for example. But why use a fusion rifle, even if the damage gets turned way up, in a world where rockets and grenade launchers exist? Other than to just gently caress around?

Emron posted:

Heroic nightfall will have zero/limited revives. The end

Jesus. You're right, aren't you? Jesus.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I look forward to the primary/primary/special meta falling to loving pieces as soon as they introduce an exotic shotgun and sniper that can be equipped in the primary slot lmao

I'd like to think that they learned from that mistake, but.... lol

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

It's purple so probably something like that.

(ignore this post, gif wouldn't embed for some reason)

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 20, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

bbq traveler chunks

:yum:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The weapon and armor icons have to be placeholders, right? They look really flat.

Maybe, probably? IIRC didn't they refresh icons between the beta and launch of D1, and then again with TTK?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

hiddenriverninja posted:

Looking forward to chasing the new Cabal Sparrow with Truck Nutz dangling off the back

Don't forget rollin coal

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well lah-dee-dah mister French

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seems to be that kinetic and energy weapons can drop from the same pool (AR, HC, SR, SMG, etc.) and the only difference is that it either drops elemental or it doesn't. And from what I've heard, you can't equip an elemental gun in the kinetic slot.

I suppose there's a chance that there will be weapon types that are strictly kinetic or energy, but there aren't any that I'm aware of yet.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder if there'll be a year 3 moments of triumph, or if the big book was basically it. I had no problem completing the last two as a nice little primer for the upcoming new release. The difference being that the MoT books were manageable in like a weekend, whereas that big fuckoff AoT book is, to me, a big "nope".

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Video game t-shirt lol

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Actually I guess I can't laugh too much because my brother bought me a shirt with the legendary difficulty icon from Halo a long time ago, then again lol if you think I ever actually wore that thing.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
^^Yeah, owning a t-shirt with "DarthMilasMentor" printed on it is super tempting, now that you mention it

In this case I express my enjoyment for such things by playing them (a lot), and not by making myself even more easily identified as a dingus.

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 22, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

:eyepop:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
A couple little things I noticed watching strike gameplay..

-You still have the completely meaningless level number displayed on the waypoint marker for your name, gg Bungie
-UI color seems to be determined based on subclass, so Striker titan has blue icons, Gunslinger has orange, etc. This is extremely good if you are a dummy like me and frequently forget what subclass you are playing.
-I'd give my right nut to be able to turn off ghost dialogue
-Harpies deal void damage now with a sentinel beam style laser rather than solar auto rifle style
-Titan barrier wall provides visual feedback for damage taken
-Spotted some Vex Fanatics in the strike, they were only present in VoG previously
-Looks like the dream is dead for an emote wheel (at least for this particular build)

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 22, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also I definitely heard somebody say that they were moving back to more of connection based matchmaking, but I've been watching/listening to so much of this crap that I can't remember what the source was. Fingers crossed, anyway.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

haveblue posted:

I hope they have a plan for colorblind users, should probably change the shape as well.

To clarify just a bit, it's not the color of the entire UI. Only the boxes of unspent abilities are filled in with the color of your current subclass. But I agree, accessibility options are good.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I've heard from multiple sources that you automatically vault up on to ledges now.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some fine sniping there

I also just want to say, as the guy that struggles with callout names, that I am immensely pleased that they added callout names under the radar and for power ammo pickups.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

Nah, player created names are always the best.

Like "a-hole" to describe that broken hole in the wall next to A on rusted lands.

Or butthole on dungeons.

While I agree that player created names are better, I always forget what things are called in the heat of battle and always end up saying "They're.. uh... mid?" That one little piece of information being immediately accessible is going to help me, personally, a whole lot.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
It certainly is at least partially a case of me being a dumbass. The text is in extremely close proximity to the radar though, and my eyes tend to be up that way a lot, so I think it might help a little.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

*Shaxx voice* This Is Amazing

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:rip: Destiny 1

Simultaneously biggest poo poo show/ one of the most fun games I've ever played.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Meat Dimension posted:

I got some sick drops last raid. It was great. :parrot:

I got an incredible amount of stuff over the last few raids that I've done. It is a pretty stark contrast from the days of vanilla, where you could run a raid multiple times in a week and literally get nothing but materials to upgrade the gear that you don't have.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nothing ever will, those guns in particular were OP as gently caress, and I think Bungie learned their lesson with that one. I can appreciate that they've come up with some good unique perks/ combos for raid weapons since, though. I'm eager to see some Cabal raid weapons.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The best part about Destiny was when you shoot the guns

:yeah:

Menstrual Show posted:

deej really is a huge loving dork. somebody should body slam him and break his glasses imo

:yeah:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
That article on exotics is an interesting read. I would hate to see Three of Coins go away because it's a really good way of leveling characters, but I would like to see them perhaps shrink the pool of gear that can decrypt from exotic engrams. Grinding 3oC definitely took out some of the enjoyment that you get when something unique drops. I'd also like to see more Sleeper Sim-like quests, and I think Black Spindle in particular was my favorite, just because the idea of secret exits in levels reminds me of Super Mario World and is extremely my poo poo, plus the final encounter of that quest was pretty dang difficult the first time it was available (although having to restart the whole mission was a bit crap).

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Big things in the pipeline, guys

That's what he said

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd like to assume we're getting a bigger vault

:destiny:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

CheeseFactory posted:

Its this. Which is what we have now.

:allears: bungie

I mean, we all knew that's what was going to happen anyway. Nobody is surprised. This just sounds like one excitable moron taking a quote out of context after they already explicitly stated that there were no dedicated servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
What kinda mouse are you using