Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

kzin602 posted:

FFXIV contains some of the dumbest god drat players and public raid queues still work out because the game's equivalent to strikes do a decent job teaching you mechanics. Simply make a normal mode raid for storyline completion purposes and a hard mode for the cool looking top tier armor.

edit: or put mechanics training in story line mission.

This is probably something they are doing. They mentioned "adventures" having new and different mechanics, which I'm guessing will be things that end up in raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Tyberius posted:

Oh God, I foresee more butt controversies over Tracer x Mara Sov and will guardians in Destiny 2 will have butt sliders.

come on son Mara Sov x Widowmaker it's like you're not even trying

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Monday_ posted:

So the new warlock subclass has a self-heal that looks like it might be AOE. That would be nice.

Yeah, that's actually a class ability for all warlocks now, they're called wards and you drop them for yourself and others to use. One heals, one is a damage buff, and I don't remember the other. The hunter and titan classes all get an exclusive class ability also but I don't know what they do.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CheeseFactory posted:

Please post the steve gif again. No real reason.

It should probably go at the top of every page honestly.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man I'm glad the Destiny 2 reveal was so good because God drat that new Star Trek trailer was dog poo poo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Honestly I'd rather have Taken than those Siva fuckers. Punish me for headshots you fucks!?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Waffle House posted:

A day later and I'm a little sad that we won't have access to Venus or Mars in D2 until some expansion content drops (?), but it looks like the playspaces are going to be large and engaging enough that I'll be very happy with this leg of the Destiny 2 experience. I'm expecting this to feel a lot like Vanilla, and am half expecting a loot cave to be discovered.

vvvvv :siren: Carehards only after this point :siren: vvvvv

I photoshopped Luke Smith's hoodie onto the original Signal Received Alpha Lupi Array. All three spheres fit, but idkwtf to do with this information. Coloration is arbitrary and just for visual pop purposes. faaaaaaarrrtttt

Lol good job man! I mean when I posted that yesterday I was 99.9% sure that he changed his sweatshirt because he was gross and sweaty but I'm glad you ran with it. :allears:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

the good fax machine posted:

I don't think he reads this thread anymore, he got banned.

Please tell me there is a good story about why Luke Smith got banned.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

haveblue posted:

That wasn't actually Luke Smith.

Oh okay. I think I remember now, it wasn't a very funny gimmick. Disappointing.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Gotta say, I really love the little tweaks/redesigns the enemies have gotten. It may not seem like much via youtube, but it really does make D2 feel like more of a step up. It makes even familiar looking enemies have a little something extra. I particularly like the new Phalanx shields that have a giant off button in the middle that you can shoot (okay that's kind of dumb).

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Say you want Firefight. Stop giving them stupid ideas.

uh what kind of rear end in a top hat doesn't want tank racing??? mods!?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

xzzy posted:

Have you ever actually operated an Interceptor in this game? You have more control in a pachinko machine.

Have you driven the tank in Destiny 2 yet?

:smugdog:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

xzzy posted:

Hopefully soccer turns into destiny grifball mayhem where you can only move the ball using supers and the only weapons are swords.

Man you just reminded me that the pvp variants in Destiny are sorely lacking. What I wouldn't give for a good ol' fashioned round of rocket oddball.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
LMAO I had a coworker at my last job that did that bullshit all the time. "Oh, you play Destiny? Ugh. I liked it, but I hate that they cut half the game and sold it back as DLC."

*explains how game and DLC development actually works*

"Nah I read it on the internet, it was all finished and ready to go they but Activision made them sell it as DLC" :downs:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

While they could announce the new classes later, It looks like they're going to restrict the vanilla to two subclasses. After getting all three in D1, dick move.

lmao where did you get that impression?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

texaholic posted:

they're not actual improvements if you're just removing the unnecessary layers of obfuscation that shouldn't have been there to begin with, oh and why not just have some new layers of stupid poo poo while we're at it

that little bitch munchkin luke smith is so up his own rear end it's like we really sat around and thought about this "LFG" problem and wondered how we could put our own unique stamp on something that's been solved for 20+ years, and here it is! can't wait til destiny 3 gets rid of this stupid clan poo poo and I can just queue up without it being a pain in the rear end, only took 3 games to stumble upon the correct solution! what fuckin' geniuses!

this series is going to be 10 years of great art design wasted by the most amateur gameplay design retards I have ever seen.

tbf what he said about Luke Smith is true.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The new tower space which isn't a tower has another soccer ball but also has a pitch and goals that light up when the ball goes inside (just like your mom's face when I freak dat bitch, 'tone) so there might be some emergent gameplay going down

Yeah it's a strictly emergent gameplay social space thing at the moment. But it's a step up from the glowy tower ball.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Shaders with futbol team color schemes would be pretty dope, like the Seahawks shaders from D1.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

OdinsBeard posted:

I do think it's a little weird that we didn't see Solar Titan/Void Hunter/Arc Warlock at any point during the reveal. Unless I missed it?

Arc Warlock seems pretty much the same IIRC. There are probably some tweaks to bring it more in line with D2 stuff but nothing radically different like giving the Arc Hunter a pole instead of a dagger.

Most likely the new subclasses will be the first to unlock based on a story mission, then the other two will gradually open up a la D1.

Pretty excited to be a poledancer tbqh.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Alteisen posted:

Can I cheese my 25 guardian kills for a sword?

I found none of the kill based cheeses worked anymore but you can hang out by yourself and capture relics if you still need that lovely cheevo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

eonwe posted:

i would like to play with my privates in a destiny 2 match

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

moist turtleneck posted:

One of the new emotes is a guy doing the jerk off motion and mumbles about video drivers

Rated 'T' for Teen

:smith:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Hey, any of you Xboners get disconnected a lot? I suffer a lot of 'you have been disconnected' errors with no animal code, even though I'm hardwired into the router with my bone. Checked detailed network statistics and it says zero packet loss. I get this a lot, whereas on my PS4 which is connected via 5ghz wifi I never get disconnect errors. Just wondering if it's a common bone specific problem.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

eonwe posted:

I really hope that carries over to Destiny 2, one of the things Ive enjoyed most are reading those chat logs

One of the worst things about the Destiny 2 reveal was the confirmation that people will no longer get angry and call you a human being.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Spiv posted:

I hope that Bungie reveals the PC port is actually a setup to connect them and run dedicated servers for console players, and not actually a game.

And yet somehow there would still be goon recommendations in the Steam thread.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Yeah I've heard from multiple sources that you automatically vault up on to ledges now.

I hope they've been hard at work on perfecting this, because it was hilariously finicky the last time I saw it in action.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I do wonder how what is essentially the ability to have two primaries will be balanced. Like, why would I ever have a scout/sidearm combo when I can have a scout and hand cannon, AND one of them will have elemental damage.

I hope the beta will have enough weapon variety to let us play around with that and see how well balanced it is.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Holy poo poo, this is even better than the Steve gif. Got drat.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cvnvcnv posted:

You have my box rng :respek:
Only Ornaments I've gotten are Suros, which I've never used, and ToM *fffffffaaaaaarrrrrtttt*, no AoT armors, but mad emblems, emotes, and Taken armor :bahgawd:

Oh man does the ToM ornament at least look cool? Didn't even know it had an ornament.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cvnvcnv posted:

It's exactly like regular ToM but with a purple scrotum draped over it.

Oh. Oh.

:smith:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Alteisen posted:

I like the white witch red death.

This is dope as poo poo, as is the sort of matching Thorn.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Tensokuu posted:

Whaddup just now getting razelighter buddy :hf: I should be able to get razelighter and darkdrinker tomorrow and I just hit 400 tonight.

I gotta get people together to help me get OP though. The assorted fire team to do all the bullshit work is gonna be a pain in the rear end - especially this weeks nightfall. It just took a rando group I got on reddit almost an hour to kill the final boss.

I'm not sure what kind of schedule you are working with, but I would really like to knock out outbreak prime to finish my RoI book.

Aww poo poo I am on PS4. I'm on Bone also but I'm not trying to complete books on both.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Unless something has changed in the last few months, you no longer carry engrams in the appropriate weapon or armor slot, but instead have a max of 10 engrams. So either engrams are going to be much more rare in D2, or they no longer expect you to grind out strikes in the hopes for better drops.

I personally don't think that bodes well for an expanded inventory/vault/wallet space, but the whole system is probably going to be rebalanced or replaced from the ground up.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

haveblue posted:

Where did this come from?

cvnvcnv posted:

He's Bradley Bungie, son of Barry Bungie, grandson of Bartholomew Bungie. He has an inside track because he played D2 well before the media got to.

It's the second time cvnvcnv has made this joke, but there is a small nugget of truth here.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Yeah, it remains to be seen how well balanced it will be in practice. If I'm running strikes or crucible I just don't want to be running to the towerfarm every couple matches, or god forbid, trusting the postmaster.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Yeah, I gotta say it's kind of lovely for them to have a badass tank in the game but then leave it completely out of multiplayer. At least a couple 8v8s with pikes and tanks would be pretty fun.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
When RoI rolled around I did a massive vault cleaning and the only y1 stuff I kept were my original faction cloaks, original hunter armor set, og Khostov, Vestian Dynasty, and my BTRD. And I still thought that was an awful lot of stuff to keep around for sentimental reasons.

Of course, other than the BTRD I never had any of the crazy y1 god roll things.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Darth Windu posted:

You actually have to finish a certain quest to save your character face for next game iirc

This is dumb as hell and I hope they have better face options for D2 because I want to play pretty princess dress up with even more hairstyles and customization.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
My Hunter and Titan look great but my female Warlock is fugly as poo poo. Maybe that's lore friendly though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Darth Windu posted:

also the last time I played auto rifles were bad. Is that still the case or is there a good one, and if so which ones are good?

What I have found d is guns that kill you are good, guns that you can't kill with are bad so, take that as you will.