Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Roman posted:

Link? (Not that I doubt that)

It's from this DTR Podcast

Here's some text I stole from spergtown Reddit:

Jason Schreirer posted:

I think that it (Destiny 2) was made in a relatively short period of time. There was a big reboot of Destiny 2 at some point of early 2016. There had been a previous director who was directing the game before Luke Smith (who's the current director) took over. So that guy was kind of put aside and Luke Smith took over. I believe that was in April of 2016 but I might be misremembering. Don't hold me to that exact line. So if you think about it that way then they didn't really have a ton of time. It had been a 16 months period between the reboot and when the game finally shipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Update was pretty lame tbh.

Reading the patch notes you can still tell the game is being run by idiots who don't know how to make it fun, and don't understand why D1 was good.

Also half the details were so vague they might as well not even have a bullet point.

Wake me up in "Spring 2018" or whatever and we'll see where it's at.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

ok I’ll bite what would have made the update not lame

Others in here have weighed in on some stuff (4v4 still being around, the weapon system being "2 primaries and a heavy" still)

Some stuff that I haven't seen mentioned:

How about our class skill trees having more than 2 choices (outside of grenades/jumps/whatever)?

Secret Exotic quests coming back? Lost Sectors being more than an afterthought? Dead ghosts?