Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How is hammer forged as a perk?

I got a true sight, high cal, hammer forged, rangefinder New Monarchy HC, it works fine in non sweat matches but I'm curious as to the range loss versus things like rifled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I do agree with the PvP quote, keep that poo poo separate please. Attempting to balance the joke of a PvP that crucible is is pointless anyway, you can't balance around the sheer amount if weapons and perks weapons can roll with, add abilities into the mix and its just one giant poo poo sandwich.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Game will suck year 1, just accept it and be happy.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Crucible ruins everything once again. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No void bow makes me sad, only reason I played hunter so much was because of it, guess I'll stick to Titan and Warlock for D2. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TaurusOxford posted:

Are they fixing Trials so that normal people can play it or do you still need to 360-no-scope with a XIM3 to have a prayer of getting the good loot?

Just play it the first couple of weeks, get your whatever house and never touch it again unless you're a sweat lord.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Amazing first mission, hope the rest of the game holds up like that.

Cru is nice, its cool to have primary fights for once but gently caress crucible regardless.

Gotta wait till sep to see what the gently caress happens next. :negative:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lmao at people still acting like being good at destiny pvp is anything to be proud about, you where top dog at one of the shittiest, most broken unbalanced piles of poo poo ever to be called competitive, good for you I guess? no wonder the crying is so rampant, you lack the crutches and suddenly realize how trash you actually are.

btw, 10/10 bungie on making the hunter worthless garbage in pve, the one thing you fixed after about a year is now an issue again.

"So we have the titan here, hes got this barricade thingy he can drop, the warlock can drop rifts to heal or empower"

"How about the hunter"

"A gay dodge that reloads their gun"

good stuff, wonder if the one piece of equipment per boss kill will be the norm, I mean that be dumb but yea.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

That said there's never going to be a return to the old way of destiny where it was a an unbalanced chaos at times, CoD is dying as a competitive game and Activision need a new "competitive" IP to push. Destiny was probably the most consistently streamed console of the past few years and still had high numbers for what will be 3 years. That doesn't go unnoticed and it was obvious d1 was never going to be able to be used for any kind of proper ranked competitive play. I'm willing to bet that by the time the first expansion is announced there will be ranked games and tourney functionality that's going to be coupled with an MLG event to go with it.

Please no, e-sports poo poo needs to gently caress off and die already.

quote:

I miss my crutches cause I'm poo poo of energy shield and a self rez.

Fixed your post. lmao if you thought they where gonna leave self rez alone, that's the one ability they would have straight up removed if they could have in D1.

Also the sunsinger shield got nerfed into the ground cause of lovely rear end cru cru so not sure how you depended on that, if you really miss that just play a titan, at least their shield was still strong.

Its funny seeing some of the streamers being bitching now, they where all super happy day 1 now just non stop bitching on change this and change that, long as they keep it separate, that's all I'm worried about, every single questionable decision that affected PvE as well can all be traced back to Crucible, quite frankly the game feeling as anemic as it does in terms of weapons and armor can also be traced back to pvp, like goddamn is it really so goddamn hard to split the 2, let me putz around with all the cool poo poo in pve and the bads can go to cru with their gimped poo poo, all this poo poo works in pve, doesn't in pvp, simple, it might fly over some people's heads but the ones that actually care will adapt.

Really only thing I hate in the beta is hunter, they're so loving bad, just utter trash, how did we go from nightstalker to whatever the gently caress we got in the beta, gently caress I've seen arc striders die before they even finish their super casting animation, that's just sad, least GG is still a threat.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah im surprised by how piss poor this all is. They could be generating so much more hype.

They probably barely have anything to show and the game will be as content light as D1 was for awhile.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
we gonna drag all these old memes that are bordering on archaeological to the D2 thread when the game is out or we gonna come up with some new ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
wiith this dead gay game being dead and gay, I wanted to say they did a great job with the use of music, especially in crota and aksis, Aksis in particular has the tempo change based on what phase it is.

I hope D2 does the same.