Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I wasn't going to buy this.

I'm going to buy this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Someone recommended to me a good headset for PS4 so I can call you a dumb rear end in a top hat when I get killed.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Das Gray posted:

Any of the hyper X cloud headsets with the memory foam = the best in my opinion. Avoids your ears turning into swamps and you can yoink the mic right out of your face when you just want to solo.

Thanks.

Emron posted:

The PS branded gold ones are good, platinum if you wanna drop $$$ on a more durable band.

Thanks.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

limaCAT posted:

The EDZ city is called safe space and it lies on a salt mine.

lol

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

On PS4 I'm more than happy to raid with you if you think you suck or can't hack or whatever. I'm loving terrible and still managed to do them all.

It's amazing how bad I am at this game.

Edit: I'm all for joining a scrub-tier team that raids every so often on Sat or Sun or whatever time you dads put your kids to bed and get a nice cold glass of Boone's Farm.

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 29, 2017

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Roman posted:

goons: "what the hell they're not marketing this game at all, not a good sign"

*Activision's CoD marketing team busts through the wall like the Kool Aid man*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSxElWwWVFE

I'm ashamed...

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 1, 2017

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Drag posted:

I don't know anything whatsoever about any of the lore. But yes to Strikers.

http://i.imgur.com/36Im7nf.gifv

I boned up.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

What class do I want? I never played the first game. I take it hunters are the "rogues"?

Hunters are good for shooting dudes.
Warlocks are good for shooting dudes.
Titans are good for shooting dudes.

Hth

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

galagazombie posted:

Because Destiny is a loot based game where you are constantly swapping out old stuff for new stuff. Why even have a shader if the item you use it's one use on will either be thrown in the vault or dismantled for parts? I liked having a color scheme that made my spaceman look good/unique. Now I can't really do that because I need to either pay real money or rely on an RNG to shade even a single armor piece that I won't even be always able to wear. Even an endgame character at max light in D1 kept at minimum 3 armor sets (for each subclass). Or what if you want to change up your visuals for a bit? I know that I kept at least a few shaders in rotating use because of that, but now you can't do that because you'll lose whatever you have no matter how hard it was to get in the first place.

I'm level 17 and already have like 40 shaders. It's not going to be a big deal.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

I can't take any if the Cabal seriously. They look, sound, and have the same goofy motivations as Chaos Space Marines.

If you dropped Red Legion wholesale into Warhammer 40k without changing a thing no one would notice.

Yeah. The Cabal are super-lame. I would literally like any other alien type besides what we got with them.

I mean, the Vex are time-hopping semi-organic hive-minded robots who turn planets into computers.
The Hive are space-crustaceans who wield black magic and worship death.
The Fallen...well, they're pretty lame too.

But the Cabal are the worst.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

No it wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pDuo4XgSk0&t=158s
Look how wrong you are.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Elmon posted:

I also never played D1. Seems like reading up on the lore of the first game might be a good idea.

Here's a quick recap:
Traveller good but aloof.
Humans strong from Traveller for a while.
Darkness bad.
Darkness come.
Traveller turn off, Ghosts pop out.
You reborn immortal to shoot bads in face.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

ethanol posted:

Is this game good

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Oh my god there's a Hedo Rick exotic emote, they actually did it

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I have no idea what a hedo rick is and it makes me glad

Expand your mind man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVtEX1J7tXQ

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

What are the supply caches that are required for the challenges?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

The music and sound design in this game is just so awesome.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

m.hache posted:

I keep getting Titan Exotics but can't tell how good they actually are. I have the helm with the Giant horns on it right now that fill my super bar when I take dmg or use void abilities, gloves that let me punch better, boots that make me run faster etc.

Are there any standout armors that I should be looking for? or are they just minor flavors to the character and I should just wear the one with the highest ilvl. I thought the ACD/0 fence was going to be a good exotic and I was sorely mistaken.

Insurmountable Skullfort if you play Striker (as you should be). Constant shoulder charges are wonderful.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Here's Slayerage 2-manning Calus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r59KUoc-_Bc

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Chobayt posted:

Is Destiny worth playing if you don't have a big group to run with? I know there are raids that require like six people so that'd be out, but how much of the game can be done with just a duo?

Is there any reason you wouldn't run with your fellow goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

the good fax machine posted:

Also I accidentally went over 420 kills on my sunbreaker blaze it emblem AGAIN on pc, god loving drat it lol

Just go to 666. Hail Satan.