Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Here is some destiny 2 game informer info stuff

Story : http://www.gameinformer.com/games/destiny_2/b/playstation4/archive/2017/06/11/destiny-2s-lead-creators-discuss-story-direction.aspx

Arcstrider: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/destiny_2/b/playstation4/archive/2017/06/11/exploring-the-hunter-arcstrider.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Was it just me or did it say September 6th, is PS4 getting destiny 2 a couple days early?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Will we be able to preload the beta? Destiny is pretty much the only game I play and I don't know if that sort of thing is standard

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

None of the current exclusives are really that cool, zen meteor is a gimmick. I don't even know what the other exclusives are??

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The DYK is Icarus, Rifled, Rangefinder. Feels WAY better than a Pali with the same roll but gotta watch the range. RF keeps it in the same league at least.

I recently got an imago loop with the same roll. Gonna have to keep playing destiny for another week or 2.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

No more death penalty in HM raids.

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-raid-death-penalty-revive/

Who knows how they tweak it but it sounds like a move in the right direction.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

A handful of revives would be awesome for the random killed by the architects and other random bullshit deaths. It won't help a bad team very much but makes the process for a good team alot less painful.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/ewmOOfN.gifv

Linear fusion rifles look cool. Basically a purple sleeper.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

As long as the taken don't show up in patrol every 5 minutes, I think I can handle them being back.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

So after E3 I am beginning to think only 2 subclasses per char. Probably a third added in the first TTK sized expansion.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Hopefully they are just holding out to build hype over the summer.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

They need to introduce a sexual elemental power. The super could be shooting a massive AoE field of lube and dildos. Players in the field fall and get stuck with dildos in their butts. Only way out is to mash O(PS4 teabag button). While in the field you can't even fire your weapons. Basically a tether for adults.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Insane Totoro posted:

[KINK] Big Dum Space Mans: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2011959

Post for an invite. That is, if you like spanking the competition.

posted, time for a new clan.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

3 weeks til beta!!!

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

All the power weapons will be OHK

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

https://gamerant.com/destiny-one-million-dollars-charity-st-jude/

Destiny news no one will be angry about, hopefully

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Isn't Charlemagne based on Mars? Maybe Mars gets added for the warmind expansion.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

But what about the voidwallker?

Also I am pretty convinced D2 launches with 6 subclasses total. I'd imagine the amount of people who levelled and played all nine subclasses in D1 is pretty small to begin with. Here is hoping we get a 4th class for D2s major expansion(Sept 2018) and not a third subclass.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6mfdoc/ign_first_pvp_reveal/

On mobile and I couldn't find the links outside of reddit but there are sentinel and voidwallker gameplay vids and the control updates + endless vale map tour today.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

haveblue posted:

Notable changes include the following:

Points no longer capture faster if multiple people are standing on them.
You can activate a power play if you capture all points.
Point A and point C begin as captured.
Capture is no longer a two-step process eliminating neutralization. Now you only have to capture the point.
If you capture all the zones you now enter a “power play,” meaning you’ll get even more points per kill.
Matches are now 8 minutes long.
Mercy rule will be enabled, but is still being developed with the beta.

The capture point flags are transparent if you are close to them, which is a really nice touch

Also blink is back and sentinel looked alot like bladedancer from y1

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

So for the beta everyone will probably have a preset inventory with no items dropping. There is no social space for a cryptarch or storage. The beta will probably be pretty underwhelming.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

The first fresh content in 10 months will def disappoint.

I don't think it will disappoint just won't be as much content as some where expecting, particularly compared to the beta for D1.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Uh what

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWa_68VBNAs/

Bungie's post includes a shot of a Nightstalker shade step.

Has shaxx always been missing the horn on the left side of his helmet? Maybe I just never noticed

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/knowsworthy/status/885530260371943425

That was his reply to a question about nightstalkers, hard to believe they wouldn't mention 3 subclasses at all

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

sadnessboner posted:

What's going on with kill rewards? In this part the kill feed says a teammate made the kill, but the kill reward dialogue pops up on screen for the player. Has it gone all OverWatch, or is there a system that awards the kill to whoever did most of the killing?

At the reveal event I am pretty sure the endgame screen used "defeated" enemies which included both kills and assists. It probably works the same in game. I haven't played overwatch so I am not sure how it works compared to that. Makes sense with them going after casuals, much easier to have a "1.0 K/D+".

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Maybe destinytracker and guardian.gg, would be pretty lol

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

With Zavala, Cayde-6, and Ikora all going to their own moons/worlds there has got to be some class specific quests.

texaholic fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 14, 2017

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

I heard or read somewhere that the artifact slot is now some kind of a clan tag thing. Could be wrong though.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

getting the servers at capacity message, just waiting in line down.

I'll give it a few and then try again tomorrow, so much for early access lol

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Republicans posted:

It's pretty limited compared to the Destiny 1 beta, isn't it? Just the one story mission, the strike and the one crucible map?

I played for a little less then an hour and did all the pve stuff, it was fun but I basically did everything possible except for PvP.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Mida and Jade Rabbit aside, scouts are pretty crap in PVP imo.

Scouts are the safest and easiest to use primary weapon in PVE. They get old quick but are great workhorses.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

I am guessing 6 to 8 strikes initially probably around 12-13 after the first two DLC packs.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

The gay reload thing was super fun to use with the exotic HC

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Republicans posted:

The most striking thing to me so far is how bad that sidearm warlocks start with is.

For PVE, I dont see anyone using any SMGs or sidearms when the game launches. Pulse/HC/Auto/Scout are just so much more versatile. I haven't spent a lot of time testing everything though.

SMGs were destroying poo poo in PVP within their shotgun-esque range they kinda feel like full auto sidearms.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46077

quote:

The PVE game tuning has changed pretty significantly since the Beta build was deployed. The nature of a Beta of this scale requires that it’s based off a build of the game that is now months old. So, in many cases, your feedback is helping us validate changes that were previously made based on internal feedback and playtesting. For example, we too felt that ammo (especially power ammo) was too scarce in PvE. In addition to retuning the drop rates, we built a system that guarantees power ammo drops for you and your Fireteam from certain enemies, giving power weapons a more reliable and predictable role in your arsenal. Other areas where we’ve made significant tuning changes include grenade effectiveness in PvE, Boss vitality, and weapon damage against non-player combatants.

Sounds good

quote:

So, what’s new for Matchmaking in Destiny 2? The obvious PvP evolutions are the 4v4 format and the two consolidated playlists. We hope these changes have a good impact on game quality. Destiny 2 Crucible Matchmaking places a greater emphasis on connection quality, but make no mistake: Skill is still a big component in finding worthy opponents for you to fight.

SBMM is going nowhere, :negative:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

It felt like a destiny strike to me not significantly improved or anything basically what I expected. The lack of feeling powerful I think comes from not having T5/4 disc and T5/4 int plus exotics and your favorite guns.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

A bunch of nerds doing some nerd poo poo in here

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Chaining supers on the staircase was about as good as PVE in D1 got. They should have built the prison of elders with that in mind.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Yeah the clan is pretty cool, everyone should join.

There is a bot you can register with. It pulls info from the destiny API or whatever and ranks everyone so you can show off your e-peen. Example you type "!rank srl" and it ranks everyone based on SRL elo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

You would think after 1000+ hours I would learn to never solo queue but apparently not. My connection if perfectly fine too. The whole match had connections like this, everyone was teleporting. The few kills I got registered 5 secs later etc...