Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Some folks reported they needed to jump into the cache to get the items, kinda like the big glimmer blocks from rare spawns. Either way, the items I missed from the stashes were retrieved from the Postmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Also endorsing the Actium War Rig. I tend to use Scouts and Hand Cannons more than ARs, but the Rig works wonders with a large mag and/or firing in bursts. Don't even need to reload when running to the next objective/patrol beacon/whatever.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Javes posted:

Granted, it's a change that offered no benefit to the player and was only made to further their monetization strategy.

Nah, getting an extra 3-4 copies of a good shader from a raid is at least potentially useful, whereas a duplicate Chatterwhite in D1 is useless. Monetization was a part of the conversation (no matter what Luke claims) but there is at least one other side effect.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

Unless I'm missing something, standing in a sunspot created after melee or grenading something doesn't really recharge your powers that well?

If you create and get in a sunspot early, you can throw like twice as many hammers with Endless Siege. It's good in PvE when you need to keep distance, but Sunbreaker lost a lot in PvP with the removal of seeking hammers.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

HAT FETISH posted:

Can we talk about how awesome that two bar leitmotif that plays in the music for every planet (I think??) is, because goddamn. It is fuckin swell. Particularly on Titan.

It's real good. Also liked the reprise of the sad opening music during the final mission.

I take it you're not a reader

isk
Oct 3, 2007

It'd be helpful if the Mods page had extra capacity, but really, do you need instant access to all mods and transmat effects you have at all times?

What works for me is to convert any mods I have a multiplier of 3 of, then I keep the ones I'm more likely to use (weapon element, grenade recharge, etc.). The rest go in the Vault. Easily leaves 5-10 slots for incoming mods, and DIM/the app offer quick access to the Vault when needed.

Could be better? Definitely. Barely functional? That's a stretch.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

I'd agree if I was constantly using the app. It's rare that I need to.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's a loving computer make it do what we need

You're a human with a brain. Think and push a few buttons.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Roman posted:

I'm 289 and was grinding out some public events, and got an exotic engram. They decrypted as 290 Synthoceps, and I was already wearing 290 Synthoceps. It's the first time an exotic didn't bump me up at least a point. And I've noticed rares are sometimes dropping at 279 instead of 280. It's obviously doing this to slow me down and it's annoying. My only milestone left for Powerful Gear is the raid, so I might just take a break until reset if this is gonna keep happening.

Is 289 your base rating, or do you have some/all legendary mods? Pretty sure the latter don't count for loot calculations.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Celery Jello posted:

I get that, but my understanding is that while the soft cap hits at 265, when you go past it a certain amount, it starts to creep up, but far enough behind that it presumably has no effect on your level at that point. I’m curious as to why it moves at all rather than staying at 265.

So infusing is easier.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Pretty sure Luke Smith said more than 3 or 4 chests/resources in 5 mins will trigger it. I've seen it often enough, depends on the area (some don't have that many that it gets tripped).

isk
Oct 3, 2007

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Whose dick do I have to suck to get a handful of kinetic weapon legendary mods because damnit I will suck Banshee-44's weird robot dick all night if that's what it takes.

Disassemble a couple legendary weapon mods, then exchange them with Banshee for a random legendary weapon mod. May need to be 280+.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

I like that the game isn't an endless grind. I got other poo poo I need/want to do. If you play more than 20 hours a week, congrats, you're an exception. It's expensive to design and maintain systems to progressively reward that (outside of Exotics from public events) when the base game is designed around daily/weekly lockouts.

It's really good that a single game doesn't consume my free time for years. Like, in a vacuum it's a design flaw, but it's endemic to games in general and really okay as long as the core experience is solid (which it seems to be so far).

isk
Oct 3, 2007

I'm reasonably confident the robust live ops team will help address that, like I'm expecting more activities and rewards to do every few months. Don't expect it to dominate my free time, but that's just fine as long as it's fun and consistent.

If it turns out to be different, it'll be disappointing, but atm it's premature to expect the current live environment to be the game for the next year.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Think New Monarchy looks like Kerak Type 2, but it's rad to have faction colors already on it, along with a specific NPC who can underdeliver on expected rewards.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

xzzy posted:

I got this dudes , gonna clear some adds.

https://i.imgur.com/WwxitWd.gifv

This is not a pictorial response.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

I'll take a silly Ghost over meaningless technobabble machine anyday, but I think they should ratchet it back a bit to what it was like around The Taken King. Living in the player's backpack, liking this place better when it was dead, stuff like that.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Javes posted:

This is just embarrassing.

Deej: " My challenge to every Guardian is to look to the human element in Destiny 2 to fuel your appetite for ultimate re-playability. The ultimate loot is the friendships that can grow out of a game like this. There will be more gear to add to your character (next week, even). The rewards that I’m talking about are the people in the community that thrives in this game. If you let them, they’ll make your hobby as a light-dealing hero on a starside campaign for glory even better."

jesus

go outside and talk to real people, Deej. like, ever

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Crashes stopped almost entirely for me on PS4 Pro when I stopped bringing up menus during the flight/load screen (which sucks because that's ideal time for dismantling, but whatever). Still get the occasional ~5 minute black screen/NPC chatter, but it's rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

I bet bungie resets token at the end of each "season"

Thats the most bungie thing they could possibly do

Bonus points of they reset weapon parts and shards too

I'll go with a 10:1 turn-in (maybe 100:1 if poopsocking's more common than expected)