Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Big Show if you're reading this as a goon please come join us at raiding badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Brock Lesnar plays on Xbox and raids with bone krew every 2 months or so, it's a big event

So that's what he's doing when he's not loving on TV.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I have been dunked on by so many goddamned wormwoods, it's loving ridiculous.
I'm not even sure where the gently caress you get that sidearm.

Bungie has just handed godroll Wormwoods out as vendor guns every few weeks.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's Bungie.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm sure by Year 2 they'll answer your complaints by introducing the Rumble Fighting League, a limited time event where you can enter a Rumble battle against a group of your friends for fun and prizes but once it's over you can only do it in private matches.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I once looked at that grimoire thing on the app explicitly to find out what the gently caress darkness was and their own lore poo poo says that the scientists of current day have no idea what to call it/what it is.

also for a new subclass I want a Cabal-themed one where I get huge gatling guns and missiles coming out of my huge titan pauldrons, here's an artist's rendering

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Eh at least we have a story this time.

Space jerks are being jerks and took your poo poo go do something about it.

Better than "oh hey youre like a saviour or something, go saviour stuff".

I can't wait to gently caress the Speaker up because they'll probably bring back that plot point. Teach you to give me some goddamn fetch quests for Age of Triumph bitch.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

iirc its the thing that makes the light that keeps you from dying for real

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's beautiful.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Waffle House posted:

The PGS thread is a good place to coordinate with goons. Depending on the platform you may want to ask for a Slack invite, or someone (maybe me, drat) should really set up Discord for PS4

I'd be down for a PS4 Discord.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yessss gimme those dumb loving emblems

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Does anyone have a link to that original D1 story thing? I just remember poo poo like The Speaker being in cahoots with like Oryx and there being the Dreadnaught in Year 1 and that kinda poo poo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Just make one of the raids like a heist from GTA Online or something out of Division's dark zone where everyone gets good loot but you can get more good loot by backstabbing someone. I'm sure the Cabal have a vault full of rad guns somewhere, just do that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There better be vuvuzelas if we're playing soccer. I want an emote that just lets me blare that loving thing at all times.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sold!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey guys Bungie here with another pre-release stream for Destiny 2: Oryx Strikes Back and we're happy to announce that we're bringing back 6 on 6 multiplayer! Yes with this new mode we call "Perpetual Mayhem Clash" brings back the oft-request fan favorite mode and...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

where's the bubble i want my bubble

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

That bubble is a lot bigger than I remember. It looks like there's easily enough room for a full raid party in that thing. I like it.

Also having a laugh of this dude explaining all the visual effects of a bubble taking damage and it cuts to a clip where none of that is shown.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm sure there'll be non-WoW shoulders in some of the armor going forward.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah this game is fun and feels like Destiny but better I'm glad it's good so my overly expensive pre-order for that PS4 Pro bundle wasn't a waste!!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

the cover mechanic was in D1

... the game has already loaded me into a pvp match as a team of one

Become Legend

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

texaholic posted:

I played for a little less then an hour and did all the pve stuff, it was fun but I basically did everything possible except for PvP.

Yeah I treated this like a demo. I don't like getting too deep into beta stuff because we're not keeping it anyway and I just want to mess around.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Love these new bubble effects, greatly enjoy having the option of either going ham with a shield like a gay purple space Captain America or be a cool guy and lay down a bubble. Did they say beforehand that the bubble effects are removed as soon as you leave the bubble? Because I kept noticing the Armor of Light effect dropped when I left it. Kind of hampers the long term use I think?

super macho dude posted:

The titan rally barricade wall is great for pve but you'll get stunted on in PVP. The Big Wall though has saved my rear end a bunch of times, because I'm pretty sure damage is negated the moment you start the animation :pcgaming:

That waist-high wall definitely has some great PVE application. That final stretch in the Strike when all those goblins and such are charging up the ramp seems tailor made for a Defender to plop one down and go to town.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

well armour was the one that was only active in the bubble in D1. Weapons and light stuck around, but I dunno if you can get those

Haha welp egg on my face I always used the other two status effects so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens final release?

qbert posted:

The tall Titan wall is fantastic in PvP. I don't know if people realize, but if an enemy tries to run through your wall they get pretty high DoT damage similar to Hunter smoke nades in D1.

We were playing countdown and we'd set up 3 walls in the rugs entrances after setting the bomb, and the room becomes a fortress.

Oh poo poo that's dope.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I JUST WANT TO SEE THE RAID BUNGO GOSH

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I believe MIDA will return. It has to.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I Enjoy The Beta and Will Play With Friends

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Nice shooting

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's insane how good Fusion Rifles are. I'm trash garbage™ at this game but I grab that thing and I'm pretty much guaranteed to get at least 3 kills out of it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Good the Awoken are huge nerds.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Listen the Cabal are huge jacked up roid heads I'm frankly amazed they have the dexterity to pull a trigger.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

We still used bullets to destroy his retarded son's blackhole attack

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There's gonna be some big mission where you have to bust into a Cabal ship to rescue The Speaker before the end of the campaign and it'll be a shocking twist that he's working with Ghaul and there's some lame-rear end strike boss where you shoot him and get a helmet.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

All the dipshits who wanted "more story" aka sick-rear end cutscenes with the queen and big titties and "my character should speak more!!!" as opposed to "minimally coherent narrative" that serves as a good, vague but interesting backdrop for spending 3000 hours playing a Dead Gay game.

it's rad as hell that the guardian had zero lines of dialogue in the beta, like any other developer would have had you go like UUUGH YOU WONT GET AWAY WITH THIS GHAUL during that ending cutscene but nah we're good

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

the exo chick from year 1 is back and she got a few upgrades

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

My only problem with Shoulder Charge is that I'm gay (in the bad, idiot trash way) and sometimes either whiff it or wing them in the shoulder and I somehow can't turn around fast enough with my garbage sensitivity to get the follow-up punch and get punched to death.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Just played some beta today after some Splatoon 2, having fun with my Titan bro and shooting mans poorly.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Don't worry I'm sure Oryx had a grandfather or something that we can go gently caress up in Year 2.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I think in Age of Triumph they brought back that Wizard from the Moon line Dinklage did as a joke though. That was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Where is any of this in the game? Like a grimoire card? loving grimoire cards.