Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

The other guy who loved that map was under my nose this entire time?! *hard, sensual ki :hfive:

Game recognise game.

Sector always has a place in my heart because I got a real nice clip of shutting down 3 supers in 3 shots with a thousand yard stare and it was made for using tlw.

Extremely fun map for those stupid games where you end up with like 40 kills but still a 2.0kd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

I've never gotten a Seventh Column, and I know my failure makes my family weaker as a unit. I'm very fortunate they haven't yet taken action against me.

Edit: Shoot, Idk I've ever gotten a sixer. Some good fivers in there I know but... please don't tell me family, I beg of you all.

I think i got one in d1 in mayhem but haven't in d2. I came close once but had a team mate shark one of the kills.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

I'd love to know what % of kills are endless Striker knees.

I don't see that many tlws out there. Every now and then but not as many lunas, nf and dad rifles.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

Has there ever been an explanation why they put so much recoil and bloom on console when it’s the PC that has the most broken easy aim? It has always seemed backwards.

The real answer that got sort of talked around once is that vicarious virgins who did the pc port built it that way and by the time bungie realised they'd made two different patterns it was too late to change given all the other fuckery. I just can't remember where it was mentioned but part of it was to do with the team being in New York rather than in Seattle.

The argument that got put out was some garbage about running out of mousepad to fight the recoil.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I ads with last word and use a handcannon targeting helm and also just ride that bitch full auto. It's really good for three tapping.

The only time I hip fire it is when I'm batmanning a door way or I'm panic shooting.

I don't like it on hip fire and even if the ads recoil is stupid the enhanced targeting helmet seems to help.

A bad, laggy lobby makes it harder to use though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Apparently on PC TLW is completely retarded since it's so easy to control the recoil

You get the fastest TTK in the game with virtually no effort

Yeah it's stupid on pc.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pc nerds go away.

No pc club.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All your ideas like PC gaming are not good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I can't use twilight oath after getting used to having snapshot

Same. Going back to something without it feels slow.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I'm using OEM with enhanced hc targeting don't hate the player hate the game

Same.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

This excitement for Pinnacle weapons just reminded me that Oxygen is supposed to be real good next season???

*a blood rush to the groin*

Kinda really wanna see that. Sexy gun. Firefly mod + Perfluorocarbon + Vanguard Metallic is :discourse:.

Depends on what they do to scouts but... maybe?

Polaris still best scout.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Does anyone still use Anarchy for anything outside of Gahlran DPS? I finally got it last night and I'd like to mess around with it.

It's good for any boss if you have a 2nd dps weapon. Usually the big dick move is to throw down your anarchy charges and then burn all your mountain top ammo with a rally barricade or in a well and just top off the anarchy when it stops.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

heckyeahpathy posted:

Are the Spider bounties repeating with the exact same slate (or nearly) for the last 3 weeks a known issue? I've been out of the game for awhile and thought I would play catch up on all the open world stuff I'd missed

People still do spider bounties?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Things could be better, yes.

Lol good poo poo. I still keep any good roll of a poo poo gun and have like 4 or 5 stacks of dusklight and data lettuce. Gonna start turning them in and dismantling stuff for cores and shards because I realised last night if I wait till shadowkeep and do It all at once I'll want to kill myself.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Barricade nerf annoys the poo poo out of me. It's low key effective in pvp because you could pop your barricade with alpha lupi and push immediately and it would confuse people.

Was really handy with last word for winning a 1v2.

Kind of also hinders titans utility in pve in general and they already kinda sucked in pve comparatively.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like that their solution to hammers of which all 3 subclasses need a buff was to bring out an exotic for a tree no one has used since fallen walker events.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

OHK grenades were dumb as hell and would be even more of a scourge in d2.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Getting rid of retribution has me salty.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Captain Log posted:

I have some probably stupid questions -

When I played D1 and D2 at the beginning, you pretty much constantly infused the purples you liked and kept them until you found a better one. I'm right at 499 light and haven't really touched the Cayde getting Aced campaign yet.

I see there is a new consumable needed for infusions that I have none of...25 of some filament. The other infusion prices seem pretty high.

At what point is it smart to start saving gear and actually working towards a build, specifically in regards to, "When are items good enough to farm infusing mats to keep them?"

I got some MasterWork gauntlets and remember that being a special thing. Not sure if it still is.

Tbh at this point there's 0 reason to infuse anything. Youre better off just using highest level poo poo you can until you complete all of the campaigns and unlock everything you possibly can.

At which point you should focus on getting the stuff you want for pvp and pve at whatever level it is and vault it.

Everything is getting buffed to 750 power come shadowkeep so anything you infuse now is basically a waste of materials and resources.

That said if you MUST infuse something wait till you have completed all the base soloable content and then do it.

The only thing you should worry about for now is just unlocking everything and collecting poo poo for your vault. Theres a balance patch for the sand box coming so some trash archetype might be good and it'll end up max level anyway. Otherwise farm materials and dismantle the truly useless poo poo for legendary shards and weapon parts. Also dismantle all your eververse poo poo.

Also do the gunsmith bounties and really any bounties because you will need masterwork cores in the next expansion. Resources youre probably missing are likely either tangled shore or dreaming city which I'm pretty sure some of the tower sets require. Again just unlock everything you can and collect them that way but dont use them.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Thanks for the excellent answers, err'body.

I do have a follow up question -

When I get things like gunsmith parts, random mats, or anything that can be turned in for rep, I do it. Are there any oddball materials I should be hanging onto?

The main thing I dislike between D1 and D2? Shaders are consumables now. gently caress that. My character always looked perfect in D1, whether it was all blue poo poo or Raid gear. Now I look like a schizoid space clown.

At this point hold on to everything. There's nothing you can get right now from token turn ins that won't be there or better when shadow keep launches.

If you run out of colours for your space Barbie just use the collections tab to get more.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 super shut downs and one nova dodged.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzIB-KUdjuc

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I clicked through the twabs and stuff but couldn't find any info. Have they talked about when the sandbox patch notes will be released?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Traction has been removed from the pool of perks. Instead it now doesn't exist. Enjoy feeling like you're stuck in mud.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hahaha that owns. So many people in tears over playing comp and he does it casual as gently caress.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

I think its a buff. From leaked footage the firing animation is shorter now. It resets quicker.

Aztecross has a video on it

I think it's going to combine with the range change. So you'll fire it faster. You'll need the range for the aim assist but it's not going to be carrying it's full weight in damage at ranges it does now.

My only question is if it's a blanket change. Will it push poo poo range handcannons out a little way or nerf them meaning range is still king it's just not as effective?

That's kind of the problem with bungie I guess. Never give us those numbers so it's kind of impossible to know if it'll do anything.

Sucks the sweaty crutch load our of
Dusk rock
Not forgotten
Wardcliff

Isn't going anywhere.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Apologize to my RR smugglers word :(

I mean. I can spec it for 10 or so more range via the scope but i have to sacrifice stability and handling. I might have to do that and learn how to ride the kick

Ride this kick.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

DMG said:

• Minor enemies (Rank-and-File) no longer take more precision damage than other enemies.

o These enemies previously took twice as much damage to their precision hit locations than enemies of higher ranks.

o You will still deal precision damage, but this is now entirely dependent on the weapon, as it is for higher ranked enemies.

If that is true, precision weapons(even with high impact) won't be able to one-shot minor enemies with headshots.
The overall declared buffs won't compenate for that nerf...at all.
Scouts won't be much better than they currently are, but our body-shot-lord and saviour-The Recluse is going to be the best PVE primary...again.

Not long ago Bungie nerfed body-shot damage in general(in PVE) so that players need to be accurate.
So at this point we should simply ask:

Why?

This seems kind of dumb. Part of the secret sauce of shooty pve times is popping domes from the little enemies. I like firing off 11 shots and getting 11 headshot kills.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Captain Log posted:

I have about 2200 bright dust. Tell me how to spend it. :downs:

Nothing. Dismantle all of your ships, ghost shells shaders and sparrows to add to the pile if anything.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

180s do not have bloom though, correct? and I believe lunas and nf do not either.

Correct. Some people have theorized that the bloom is somehow related to the animations but I don't know how that would work. Then again barrell size on weapons is a thing lol.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Beloved (with snapshot and a targeting adjuster) + TLW + handcannon targeting helmet and reload gloves, enhanced unflinching chest.

It's pretty much all I use unless I get that lovely space aids map.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fated engram is bugged for the arbalest just fyi.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tlw catalyst sounds kind of tasty too. Well. If the bonus precision damage is actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tears over Titans: A Destiny Story