Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

TRIPMINE GIF

http://i.imgur.com/jw7Iz0I.gifv

RIP one hit kill grenades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

First batch of guns in Destiny 2 should all be made out of scrap iron we find scattered around our exploded vaults.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PC version may not be out on September 8, no confirmed date yet: http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-pc-release-date/

rekt

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Why does literally every game have the fastest travel method be some convoluted process that involves a ton of extra button pressing?

Because the spergs that discover these tricks vastly outnumber the programmers that make the code and think they covered all the edge cases.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

I'll just play my PS4 copy in the meantime :shrug:

Alteisen should not be your role model.

Pick a side. :colbert:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Why does wrecks turn into cheese factory?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Revive game modes are dumb, show us some control or clash Bungie.

The map on display says to me Bungie has been playing a lot of Overwatch too, which I'm kind of meh on.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Wow I thought you bone knew guys were supposed to be cool

Guess not

Woah hold on, we all on the same side now against a common enemy.

https://imgur.com/gallery/4vAdD8z

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Goons lose their poo poo whenever a developer advocates for their own game.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Titan fashion has always been pretty sketchy. If you want to look like a badass you typically end up using bits and pieces from different sources.. I think only the IB sets have looked good when "complete."

Bungie seems to struggle with their aesthetic. You keep seeing hints they want to go down the world of warcraft HUGE SHOULDERS road but never commit fully to it.

Not sure how they could gently caress it up as titans are basically spartans from Halo, and they had no problems making badass tanky armor for Reach.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Hunters look like poo poo, just a bunch of cunts stuck in gas masks and draped in retard curtains. IB Y2 and Snow Angel are their only true escape from being fashion victims.

you shut your drat mouth, hunters are rad.

though I do agree titans are the master race, in certain configurations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Destiny 2 PC Thread: Please Find us on the Second Page

http://i.imgur.com/4vAdD8z.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie going after esports again seems like a bad idea as it was a giant tire fire when they attempted it in Halo.. it basically chased off everyone who played the game for fun because there was no way to escape the competitive setup.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the halo franchise were like the first console shooters that was actually competitive so idek what you're talking about. tons of people played halo casually.

Because the Halo series turned into "battle rifle: the game" once MLG spergs decided it was the One True Gun(tm).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Have you ever actually operated an Interceptor in this game? You have more control in a pachinko machine.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully soccer turns into destiny grifball mayhem where you can only move the ball using supers and the only weapons are swords.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Just lol if you own an actual PC in tyool 2017

Without a PC we wouldn't have the best OP in the world or your avatar.

really makes you think

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Either everyone who was recording game play is really bad at the game, or TTK is way up too.

Not sure how that will play out, I like the idea of more team shooting because solo heroes is a big issue with D1, but I also don't like the idea of people being able to run away and get health back too easily.

I do like the idea of adding some shield/damage matching to crucible though. Hopefully those guns help taking down other things, like the deployable cover toys.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie loves their RNG and I can't see them removing the damage type from RNG completely.

Unless maybe they tie it into the weapon modification feature that we know nothing about yet. Like a gun drops as solar, but with the right consumable you can convert it to arc or whatever.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think the idea of tapping someone with a high impact and swapping to a sidearm or something spammy to finish them off is an interesting play mechanic to promote too. Every video I've seen of people trying to 1v1 with the pulse rifle ends in tragedy while tagging them at range then closing the gap to finish the kill is really effective.

Obviously you can't make too many conclusions about the state of pvp at this point as no one knew what they were doing, but until the beta is out this summer it's all we got.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SpaceGoku posted:

From a lot of the videos it looks like the time before you begin to recover health is pretty long but that could just be the specific loadouts/subclasses I've seen in recordings.

My interpretation is that Bungie wants the recovery stat to actually matter this time. But figuring that out will probably have to wait until September.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Everything that can OHK is in the power slot now.

Though I suppose a minigun doesn't technically one hit kill, but its TTK is still going to be pretty unbeatable.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The minigun you've seen is just an exotic primary slot Auto Rifle. Lmgs are out of the game.

Gonna pour one out on BTRD's grave tonight.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Really, they should have from the beginning given a bullshit space magic reason that guardians can't talk and sidestepped this whole problem.

Ghost summoned us out of a pile of bones in a car. We're lucky we can do anything except rot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Spiv posted:

I think they didn't make them a chatter box to cut down conversation times.

No, it's purely a cost/benefit decision. It means they don't have to pay voice actors for 6 variants of every piece of dialog, and force people to download more audio files every time a new story mission releases.

Obviously the disk requirements for 9 copies of wav files covering 2 minutes of audio isn't going to be that big a deal, but I'm sure it was part of Bungie's conversation.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Boy I sure hope Destiny 2 has more of this hard hitting dialogue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJtVdOeDc7s&t=37s

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Utnayan posted:

That's pretty much it from what it looks like.

Two of the planets were already IN Destiny Vanilla too before everything was cut into pieces. European Dead Zone and Mercury (Which is now ios)

Bungie really doubling down on DLC, not only do they make you pay for content that's already on the disc, they make you buy a whole new game to get it!!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No one cares.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Utnayan posted:

Oh I definitely realize that. However, according to the kokatu link, a lot of this stuff was functional and ready to roll until the cuts happened.

No one cares.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If y'all didn't spent all your money on avocado toasts you'd be able to afford DLC

I literally pay for it with american tax dollars.

Yours specifically. Obama himself directed $20 of your return to my paycheck. This year it will be slightly more so I can get D2.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Phantom in normal crucible? That's so cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM4Fzz-yyO0

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

texaholic posted:

I really hope all the sweaty tryhards find a home on the PC, would make crucible more fun for regular scrubs like me.

Yeah, dumping tryhards onto the PC is the SBMM we all want.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I have an Apple MacBook Pro designed by Apple in California.

All MacBooks are personal computers, or "PC" for short. Hope that helps.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

private matches are so you can get clips of your bros playing like idiots.

http://i.imgur.com/HxTpYxy.gifv

(to be fair without the blessing buff I would have lost that fight, but he shouldn't have popped super in full view of anyone)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm guessing the new marks are going to be "bbq traveler chunks" or something that we're going to endlessly farm to bring back to the tower so they can rebuild the city/heal the traveler.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"hey guys we should really force those people to make a new thread so we don't have to read their stupid poo poo."

*trolls in one thread, brags in the other thread anyways*

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Press X for story.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also the problem I have with the AoT shirt is the gamertag is only on the shoulder and is too tiny and crappy looking to be worth the fanfare.

I want my gamertag hand lettered by Luke Smith himself to be dropping $35 on a shirt only a neckbeard would wear.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Scorpio will be the premiere solution for running a dedicated Destiny 2 server.. preorder now.

I'm gonna run one on my raspberry pi though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Launchers are stupid because everyone feels obligated that they stay running in the background 24/7 just in case I need to start up a game RIGHT THIS SECOND.

Steam is the worst of the bunch because you can't go three days without the fucker prompting you to restart it for an update.

Why can't they use a download app to get the game on my computer, and if they need to phone home, do it when I launch a game? :iiam: