Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

Some fine sniping there

I also just want to say, as the guy that struggles with callout names, that I am immensely pleased that they added callout names under the radar and for power ammo pickups.

Nah, player created names are always the best.

Like "a-hole" to describe that broken hole in the wall next to A on rusted lands.

Or butthole on dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

While I agree that player created names are better, I always forget what things are called in the heat of battle and always end up saying "They're.. uh... mid?" That one little piece of information being immediately accessible is going to help me, personally, a whole lot.

That will still happen, you'll just stammer over yourself trying to remember what the official name is and moving your eyes to go read the label.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Because there's rumors that matching damage types to enemy supers will do bonus damage.

And kinetic weapons apparently do bonus damage against unshielded enemies.

And there's huge utility for having a long range scout and a sidearm with quick draw, makes tag and kill a heck of a lot easier.

So basically you're going to have to play the game to figure out how it all works together.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Needs a little macos mouse running around in a corner begging for attention.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've always been happy with 6-8, it sucks when you got bros outside the game waiting to get in and they eventually log out because no spot opens up. That's just going to happen more often with 4 man teams.

It would probably be a better fix if Bungie massaged their matchmaking system so that it scaled the size of the game based on your fireteam. Go in with 4, you get 4v4 matches. Go in with 6, you get 6v6. Solo queue folks get randomly thrown in wherever based on connection (ha ha yeah right it's all SBMM all the time).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think team fire will be a much bigger deal. Solo warriors are going to need power ammo to do their thing and you saw this a lot in the gameplay video that got put online.. a couple dudes establish a fighting area and one guy who knows how to move flanks with something hard hitting to either push enemies into the open or finish off soft targets.

People that aim better will always have an advantage obviously but as TTK goes up, you're going to need more people shooting a target to secure a kill.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fusion rifles are the light sabres of destiny, they are the civilized weapon to choose.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

At least until you get to Battlefield numbers where the maps are so big and have so many people you're constantly getting sniped in the back.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I suspect imgur is coming to grips with the issue of using a shitton of bandwidth and processing power, but lacking a business model or income.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

quit gettin' mad at vidya games

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well duh, the game is almost three years old and everyone's waiting for the sequel.

The last content update had almost no actual content, of course it's gonna be a ghost town the next few months.

Will be even worse come September 8!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I see it an awful lot. Sometimes it's even me. :smith:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's okay, the AoT armor is just old trashy poo poo with some glowing leaves slapped on.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wouldn't say that, being under 1.0 and teabagging is generally a pretty good method to get crabby messages.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A huge reward pool is the worst part because it'll be eons before you get a gun you're actually interested in.

Unless full auto final round shotguns are your thing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nothing ever will, those guns in particular were OP as gently caress, and I think Bungie learned their lesson with that one. I can appreciate that they've come up with some good unique perks/ combos for raid weapons since, though. I'm eager to see some Cabal raid weapons.

"Achilles: you can only be damaged by being shot in the hands or toes"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But you can get new glasses.

Gonna have to reach down his throat and yank out the vocal cords if you want to permanently solve the problem.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

quote:

“Somewhere in the middle. There is something really special about those year 1 Gjallarhorn stories. Then there’s something really nice about the determinism of the Taken King, where you can go do this thing and you’ll get Sleeper Simulant. Just go do it. It’s hard, but you get it. We’re going to be somewhere in the middle. Both those stories are pretty cool. We want exotics to be something that all players can get, not something that only elite guys who put in thousands of hours to get exotics can acquire. Exotics are really a special part of Destiny. They are guns, or armor, that actually change the way you play. The sandbox game, the moment-to-moment combat, is now different because of this thing that happens in my gun – or a perk on this armor. We want everyone to have that experience, so in some ways we are going to democratize exotics a little bit more, but we still want there to be things that are hard to get and will be highly sought after.”

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-exotics/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's way too much prior art with boning things for any patents covering the boning of things to be enforceable, and boning stuff is pretty much all we do.

So I think we're in the clear.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also they either need an ornaments kiosk or give the ornaments back when you dismantle something.

Because the vault is too small to hang on to all those exotics.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't worry I guarantee Activision will eventually descend on Bungie and be all "okay guys it's been fun but emotes aren't bringing in enough bucks, ramp that poo poo up."

And presto you'll pay $5 four 5 vault slots, $20 for 20 vault slots or BEST VALUE!!! $50 for 55 vault slots!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I still have a silimar's wrath, which isn't as good as it used to be but is still fun to shoot, and a three little words which is a parthian shot class pulse that feels better.

Got my felwinter's lie, the gun that ruined the shotgun meta forever. And a perun's fire which is a prime example of how lovely year one fusions were. It doesn't kill anything, it just sprays hot jizz in an enemy's general direction and maybe annoys them a little bit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's because the deathadder is the best mouse.. IN THE WORLD.

:jeremyclarkson:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Xim does have a compatibility list, most stuff works but you should check anyways just to be sure.

I use a 1/2 keyboard I got off amazon.. the space bar is kind of junk but you get used to it after a while.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GE5Y41A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If all you want is a thumbstick, the playstation move navigation controller is supposedly a really good option too.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

OdinsBeard posted:

It does sound like you won't be able to choose your server, though, so you may still get matched up against people from god knows where.

Which will always be the problem with matchmaking, regardless of what the underlying system is.

Maybe the "fix" is to blacklist any IP not in the continental US on your router. :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They seem to bringing some parity to the supers, or the ones we've seen so far anyway. Everyone gets a roaming ae effect and everyone gets a roaming shooty effect.

Roaming is probably going to be pretty important because you'll only have four enemies available to kill and will have to run all over the place to find them. :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Issue I see with deployable cover is that idiots will spend 9 months sitting on it trying to find the "perfect spot" and die to incoming fire while trying to set the stupid thing up.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think the vendor palindrome is a new god roll every other week.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully all warlock supers come with an innate blink so we get even more clips of them sailing off cliffs or supering the gently caress out of door frames.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Donatello hunter seems especially silly when the class already had a melee range roaming super going. If ae damage is the only difference, why not bolt the ae to what they already had?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes that's what I want in my FPS game, a bad aerial combat simulation.

From the guys that released a game thinking the Interceptor and Sparrow driving mechanics were "okay."

(the exact same company that gave us the warthog, the best vehicle in FPS history)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sylphosaurus posted:

The space fight sequence in Halo: Reach was great fun. I wouldn't mind seeing an entire playmode dedicated to something similar.

The "dogfighting" was pretty dumbed down and could only be fun against AI, basically a good deal once or twice but if you had to do it any more it would be a pretty crappy chore.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Can't find it in the PSN store

Buy an xbox one, your life will improve in ways you can't imagine.

Hot coder wives!

Convertibles!

gifv service from moist!

Access to the best slack channel on the internet!

Play the halo reach space dogfight!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Everyone knows that guardians in destiny are actually VR gamer avatars from an alternate dimension that believe they're enjoying a leisure activity, but in the destiny universe it's a literal fight for survival.

The traveler and ghosts are just the gamer's portal to their home universe.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Are you insinuating that Bungie cribbed the plot of Destiny from the hit movie Gamer, starring esteemed actor Gerard Butler?

Why not, Halo was basically Aliens.

So I guess the lesson is that Bungie is cribbing plots from shittier movies as time goes on.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

You're off by 3 days

On which number? :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Give hard light zen moment or persistence, boom, everyone's favorite gun.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's nothing to reveal because Bungie is still scrambling to figure out what they're going to put in the game.

Maybe they'll have it figured out by the time the beta is out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully in destiny 2 Amanda's accent doesn't fade in and out with each sentence.