Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I applied to join one of the ps4 overflow clans, name is kodaxx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

VanillaGorilla posted:

To be fair the 6.1 is the user score on metacritic, which I guarantee you is entirely people who haven't even played the game bitching about microtransactions while they torrent whatever PC release they want to play this week.

9/10 bad user reviews I read for any game is complaining about DLC and microtransactions, even if theyre mostly cosmetic

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Is there a reason it's not 6v6 like D1? I was actually okay at D1 PvP but I'm just getting absolutely wrecked (solo) queuing now, and I'm not gonna keep doing something that isn't fun

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The esports wave has started cresting back, unfortunately Destiny 2 was one of the last games caught up in the craze. It's idiotic and bad for the game, we all feel the same way about it. It's a pretty unpopular change.

You can't make esports happen, the game just had to be a natural, unintentional fit. None of the major esports titles were made for it in mind, not even CSGO or Dota. They just adapted to it much later down the run, to make spectating easier. Those games had over a decade of careful balancing long before a penny or cent was given to players. You can't hamfist that poo poo man.

Thanks, yeah csgo and dota have like a decade of balancing and meta, and are enjoyable to watch, D2 isn't something I would watch a tournament of, even if they esports it up

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The ramp to getting to #RaidReady power levels is definitely shorter than getting ready for Vault of Glass in Destiny 1. I feel like there was more mindless grinding of strikes in Destiny 1, whereas in 2 I've barely played any of them.

If I'm remembering correctly, D1 at launch was really bad for gearing up or even getting gear

Also, I'm Shaxx's favourite guardian now that I got my xim4 back working. Forgot how much it owns owns owns (yes I'm getting the PC version but its not out yet)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Is there some weird bug with Playstation plus right now? It says I don't have it and I just renewed 4 days ago and have an email to prove it, but destiny and my Playstation profile thing both say I don't have it anymore. It was working fine up until Monday and today I'm getting the error

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Mill Village posted:

PSN has had that bug for years now. Try rebuilding your database.

"Might take a couple hours" great

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

The thing I don't like about PvP is that even if you're decent, if you got a bad team you're just hosed. If I'm against a team that sticks together most of the time (organized or not) and your team just scatters the whole time you're just not going to have fun and you will lose terribly. Chasing down teammates to try and stick together only to ever showup to dudes fighting 1v3 and dying gets old quick.

6v6 might fix this but most games are either stomps either way. Make esports bullshit niche, not casual PvP, I just wanna shoot some dudes in some fun games a few times a week, not go hardcore MLG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

precision posted:

You still get rewards if you lose so if you're on a team of really dumb people just make your own fun, it's not that hard. Run up to the other team and do the chicken dance.

Well if it ended on some kill limit of 25 or something it would be tolerable instead of getting shot for 10m or whatever the time limit is