Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I have the vanguard HoW era rerollable auto rifle.

NL shadow year 1 rerollable. Currently has full auto and explosive rounds. Couple of other guns that can be re rolled cuz its unique.

Destiny 2 has weapon mod slots. I hope these can be used to make guns full auto. I hate mashing triggers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

What kinda mouse are you using

Just a pretty bog standard death adder

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I don't have anything to contribute but i hope the slight net code improvements they have talked about at least make things a bit better.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Tei posted:

Moving game rules to the server side means that put a stop to many ways to glitchs in raids.

We will still see sometimes a raid breaking, because a raid script can have a bug, and whatever that affected scripts breaking localside may still happens serverside, but it will be a more rare occurrence.

i don't think this will stop most ways to cheese raids, because they where based on logic, only the kneeing Crota was based on the netcode architecture.

Hope they take measures tp stop ddosing in pvp. Shits aids

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

I give 0 fucks about pve cause lol if you cant clear everything but pvp needs to not br a miss

It would be kinda nice if PvE wasn't so easy you could do it all in a day

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

el B posted:

Spike grenade opening on 618

https://youtu.be/0tONdtHRXGk

That's a nice spot

*makes mental note*

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Separate balancing, I get the argument, but what a lovely loving reality to either have to have double the guns or be forced into reconciling two separate gun feels for a single gun and be made to adapt to range and damage changes on the fly. That legit sucks, and if inventory and Vault size weren't things, I'd be more chill with that, but I think it's a bad idea.

Pretty sure people at the D2 event said ranges felt different in pvp and pve so my hopes are probably already dashed. Whatever.

I dont mind a range adjustment between Pvp and E. That strike was massive and that pvp map was tiny it makes sense.

But yeah i hope theu don't gently caress with anything else. Getting cool guns in pve to kill cunts with in pvp is fun

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Last post from him I remember was a voicemail uploaded from his phone about a warrant or something, and him wondering if he was getting ribbed. I'm a stupid idiot but is he still around and not posting or...? Lol

Can't play Destiny 2 is jail.

But you can get hosed up the rear end daily.

God giveth and god taketh.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

And this weeks trials map may as well just be renamed to "Icebreaker! gently caress you oval office!" Cuz that's all i saidfor about 40 minutes

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Fist of Havoc might be a roaming super now. But the slam range is terrible. It's basically a melee super now.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Menstrual Show posted:

I hope warlocks and titans get some kind of dodge roll / movement mechanic if they're giving it to hunters. In pvp not getting hit at all is way more important than tanking more damage in most situations.

Warlocks get an air dodge. It's confirmed.

Dunno about titans though. Nothing so far.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

el B posted:

A storm caller type chain effect would be cool.

I'll laugh if it's just a straight reskin

:getin:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Muffin Rhino posted:

the short cover is definitely a pve thing. the tall cover is where it's at for pvp.

bait a dude into a hallway, block the exit with a shield. have your bro block the entrance. :getin:

Chuck the shield wall in front of an orb for a clutch rez :getin:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I want to play Destiny 2

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

During trials last night, i picked up heavy and put about 20 rounds of machine gun ammo into a titam running straight at me.

He shoulder charged me and i died. He died a second after they won the round :cool:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Why did you stop at 20?? Tsk tsk, live and learn!

Only stopped firing once i got skilled to death

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

texaholic posted:

Bungie just announced the Official Destiny 2 gaming chair, get it while its hot

Needs 0.04% more dicks

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

No please no no no

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Thick dick swingin' gigolos with they girl in their lap choose Rift.

Only if that girl is 10 years younger than you and can code better than anyone in THIS thread.

:smug:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Tei posted:

Better than me?

I have programmed a race of drones. That I call Vex. These drones can't time travel yet, but they are programmed to find a way to break that barrier. Has soon they have that capability they will go back in time and give me eternal life.

You would love my code, if you had the capability to understand it. Is a firmware for a CPU that modify itself and add new nmonics in a stack based language like FORTH. Is full of meaning and intention. Errors are impossible but it don't actually limit what you can do. The CPU itself don't exist, but is created has a virtual CPU inside a real CPU using a few nmonics has quickstart boostrap sequence. From that point the stack take full control.

:same:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Waffle House posted:

Last night I ran Vault all the way through with a team of five French guys; save for my bilungual friend who originally invited me along, I was the only English speaker, seriously some of the most fun I've had in Destiny.

One guy got super lucky at the end and got a Mythoclast. Turns out excitedly teabagging/crouch-button-spamming the ground when you get baller drops is a broadly accepted form of celebration worldwide.

While staring way too hard at the Last Exit cipher, I thought for a bit that it was a novel Malbolge program. It'd be great crypto if it is, but I don't know that the developers would voluntarily put something that ridiculous into the game as a puzzle.

It doesn't compile, from what I tried, but Malbolge is harrrrd.

I did a trials run with some sweaty german dudes once. One of the spoke broken English and was able to half translate between me and the other guy. So we use common terms like "nova" "slam" "cap" "rush" "orb" etc. Was pretty funny.

We destroyed everyone we played still including some German streamer who knew who i was and said "rappo is beast" in broken English in stream which made me pretty :smug:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Some trials from this week.

https://youtu.be/vy6jMha0sDQ

Still the best map for lightning nades. Ran triple striker for a bit last night playing agressive as gently caress and it was pretty awesome.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

Man, what are you going to do without Last Word?

(Until Y4.5 when they reintroduce it)

Probably just use a regular hand canon with max range like everyone else.

Then whateva close range gun works the best in D2. Smg or side arm. Something that let's me jump/side/crouch and shoot with as much accuracy as possible.

Gonna miss that Last Word though. Even after 3 years it's fun a gently caress even though it's hardly meta anymore.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Map fire to the mouse wheel

Im old and set in my ways. This poo poo would never work for me. If i have to do to many things with my hands it fucks my aim.

I have no idea how people use those mice with 50 buttons.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

I didnt buy no man's sky

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Vanilla destiny?

:bisonyes:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I'm probably just gonna plat D1 until D2 comes out because im 80 and gay

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I see something like this and i honestly can't tell if he is joking or being serious.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Heh. Im like top 0.1% for number of dregs killed and my PvE kd is well over 5.

I think I've got this :smug:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Supremecy is the worlds shittest game mode because it encourages you to gry super close and the lag fuckery messes with crests and everything else.

Im about 100 games deep into supremacy and have never lost. I don't particularly enjoy it but it's my most successful game mode.

In other news i got 33 kills in control with 18 of them being stickies/super.

https://youtu.be/EploQxGHvi4

Look how loving fast i get my super from those sticks. Popped 4 hammers that game.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Won 20 games straight of IB abusing double sticky hammers. Averaged a 4kd accross them. Shits hilariously broken. Some of the plays i have been able to make using them is nuts. poo poo needs a nerf bad.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

http://i.imgur.com/JauojpV.gifv
can't wait for pc players to run into this poo poo lmao

I love how everyone in that lobby was green bar.

Those bars are full of poo poo, man.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Tei posted:

I am most confused because I don't currently play Destiny and I don't know the "double sticky hammer" cheese.

So I googled it:

That's pretty much it. Minus the... garlic?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

That doesn't look like loving cheese to me dude.

I'm losing my mind. What the hell is this picture.

:suicide:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

My experience with iron banner so far:

https://youtu.be/fy5rI8WTI7w

Don't get me wrong. Still lots of laggy as gently caress games but having fun with it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Did 1 trials card and i think thats it for this week. First Light can get hosed

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's first light again?! Lmao

Its all the moon maps. Still poo poo

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I couldn't make it past a couple minutes into the gameplay trailer. The voice acting and rubber faced man were pretty awful. Besides, for all their ineptitude, bungie is worlds better than ea/bioware.

It is literally The Division in space.

But yeah the acting is loving horrible.

"Heh. Look at my mortar."

"Heh. Kim needs the xp."

"Heh. Look at that explosion."

"Heh. Loot."

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

super macho dude posted:

Anthem looks cool but does it have orbs? No it does not.

It might

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

So apparently there are only 2 modes for PvP for D2. Quick and Competitive.

Quick has control clash wtc.

Competitive has countdown and... elim? Seems odd