Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Big things in the pipeline, guys

https://trademark-search.marcaria.com/en/Result?trademark=bonekrew&country=US&status=1&mode=1

Found 0 Trademark(s) containing your term

Albeit you may have problems with either Bone owners or Krew owners.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn77441544&docId=DRW20080410081834#docIndex=11&page=1

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn74468232&docId=SPE20150702151524#docIndex=1&page=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

DrNutt posted:

Unless something has changed in the last few months, you no longer carry engrams in the appropriate weapon or armor slot, but instead have a max of 10 engrams. So either engrams are going to be much more rare in D2, or they no longer expect you to grind out strikes in the hopes for better drops.

I personally don't think that bodes well for an expanded inventory/vault/wallet space, but the whole system is probably going to be rebalanced or replaced from the ground up.

They are going to take a few truly nasty decisions for this game, do they?

This one is not too painful with a inventory API so we can have something like Destiny Item Manager moving engrams to the vault. IF

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

huge gallery of characters looks, too good to miss

http://imgur.com/a/9dL4R

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Red Bars Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Iron Banner Like Nigga Go To Orbit Haha

-- somebody, somewhere; maybe.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 26, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

I don't have anything to contribute but i hope the slight net code improvements they have talked about at least make things a bit better.

Moving game rules to the server side means that put a stop to many ways to glitchs in raids.

Edit: I should have said "raids glitch" has the way I say it here make it look like cheese will be harder, when most cheese abuse how the scripts are programmed and I don't think these will be affected, except if are easier to written now.

We will still see sometimes a raid breaking, because a raid script can have a bug, and whatever that affected scripts breaking localside may still happens serverside, but it will be a more rare occurrence.

i don't think this will stop most ways to cheese raids, because they where based on logic, only the kneeing Crota was based on the netcode architecture.

Tei fucked around with this message at 11:03 on May 27, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Does that mean poo poo like the teleporting ogres will stop to?

No idea.

- Players abusing progamming errors in the raid scripts: not "solved"
- Players abusing progamming errors in the raid scripts: solved if the scrips have less errors because is easier the write them serverside
- Players using disconnection to make crota kneee forever: solved.
- Players using disconnection to make crota kneee forever: super-solved because crota don't exist in destiny 2 anyway
- Player hosted instance corrupting: solved, because the instance is serverside
- Player hosted instance corrupting: not solved, because whatever corrupted the localside instances maybe can affect serverside? like if the server instances overheat or something. We may still have to go to orbit, change leader of group, and go back hoping the weird poo poo stops.
- Istance being lagging at hell, enemies regaining life: solved
- Players on the <platform that should not be mentioned> floating around, teleporting using hacks: not solved
- Players using syncronization errors to dupe objects: probably solved, I think there was only one this problems in destiny 1.
- Players using logic errors on the programming to dupe items: not solved

The most honest version is: I have no idea. Is a small improvement but everything is still poo poo (from hardware, OS's, apis, third party, tools) and poo poo happens. We could see less weird poo poo, and we could do less cheeses, but I don't think this will solve all problems forever. And the <platform that should not be mentioned> are still hosed.

Tei fucked around with this message at 11:20 on May 27, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

6 is a good number.

Is low enough that you can fill it with people you know or people somebody know. low enough that friendly banter is possible. big enough theres different people.

most people I played with there adults with responsibilities, and is nice to have something where adults can get together and have fun. Adults are chill.

the raids where long enough you can do half before is time to sleep, and the whole raid if you have more time and or a good team.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The Xbox team had done a good work amusing us in the lame-duck era of between games.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Crota is know to do whatever the hell please sometimes. Like, I have seen him walking on the other side of the crystal.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Alteisen posted:

You mean the crystal inside the room you're supposed to be safe in?

Yep. I have personally seen him teleporting inside, but most other occurrences seems him following people inside.

(random youtube video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5IkaV4UWWA

(another video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1FGtg0WaJg

He is not supposed to do that, but Crota is alive and have his own sentiments, that sometimes he shows. Is not just a raid mechanism.

Edit:
It hurts me to see people not doing 3 heavy slashed on crota. Am I a eletist?

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 28, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

So whos that lady from the farm?

Efreet talked about creating a new community around peace. Maybe she is Efreet?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The block function for the titan will be interesting if it don't slow down the titan. Then it will add something to the table that blades don't have.

That chest high wall seems a hilarious bad idea, but they can make it provide some sort of passive buff just by being near it or something. How can a thing static be a good thing? snipers are going to see that white wall and salivate.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

Issue I see with deployable cover is that idiots will spend 9 months sitting on it trying to find the "perfect spot" and die to incoming fire while trying to set the stupid thing up.

The Ward was the almost ideal protection, and it was still a double edge sword. I can't imagine what misuses will create this new walls.

I still hope we get some utility supers. They where awesome in the raids and interesting in pvp.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Menstrual Show posted:

The new arc hunter is funny to me because Guild Wars 2 literally did the same thing with their hunter analogue two years ago (thief)

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-daredevil-thiefs-elite-specialization/

Just seems weird to be like "BO STAFF YEAH" donatello wasn't even cool tbh, michaelangelo was the party dude

Other game had poledancers first, I am talking about Duke Nukem

(NSFW?)

Too much 80's in a single image. I provide the following eye bleach:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Destiny could really have a pet or a useful character.

OR the diablo gold goblin. That would be good too.

I am concerned about all the things they are removing from Destiny 2, because they have not announced yet what they are adding. I don't want to play a experiment on minimalism.

Edit:
yea, eli rules

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Spiv posted:

Would be cool if they had a pet or something that followed you around. Something you could even dress up or apply items to.

I'm sure the PC base will mod that in if Bungie doesn't want to.

The ghost is less than a character in game, don't show much, except has latern in caves and to open doors. Maybe it would be too distracting to have it flyiing around.

It could be doing something useful, like getting ammo for us, or finding hidden chests or scanning enemies for even more loot or experience or lore or something.

Also, I don't see a problem with having more than one pet. A man can have two dogs.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This is good stuff.

There's always the possibility that theres a fat dude called Tuff inside the Traveler, and that the Traveler is just a old terraformation and bioenginerring ark.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

31 May Small Wishlist:
- More hair options for D2 character creator
- "hide helmet" option in combat areas

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

What I do when 6 people want to do a nightfall is to divide it in two groups.

Then we smoothly leave the suggestion that IS NOT A RACE and the two teams are NOT competing to see what one complete the nightfall first. Not at all.

Its usually funny that way, with 6 persons in VoIP.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

PathAsc posted:

I'd dig killing a taken siva rasputin for a sick nasty warlock bond made of golden age ethernet cables.

Flavour text:

"We lost a server behind a wall, but because we can ping it we know it still exist".

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Theres a alternate universe where hardlight shot pong balls and do arc damage.

But we do not live in that universe.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

There's nothing to reveal because Bungie is still scrambling to figure out what they're going to put in the game.

Maybe they'll have it figured out by the time the beta is out!

Is a tough call. Because game companies like to copy each another, and Overwatch invented waifus. But Destiny 2 will not mess well with waifus.

I think we are going to get some sort of compaign, with 2 or 3 big videos with big battles. And it will feel satisfactory in some way.

I don't really like leveling in Destiny. Hate is to strong a word, but If I could start my character at top level, I probably would. Anyway singleplayer is a important part of any videogame, theres something ilke a hidden iceberg quantity of people that only play singleplayer and never play with other human beings.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

All players care about lore. Some don't know.

I have seen MMOs where the backstory is bad or nil, and the people that you would think dont care about lore say "why are we killing this things? I don't understand". Sometimes a cool intro CGI is enough for such people, but even them need something.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Titan

Warlock

Hunter

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I watched a youtube today, and they say that we will slowly conquer the old places of Destiny 1 (in each dlc), retaking these areas. Is a fun idea.

Tei fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 4, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

Only if that girl is 10 years younger than you and can code better than anyone in THIS thread.

:smug:

Better than me?

I have programmed a race of drones. That I call Vex. These drones can't time travel yet, but they are programmed to find a way to break that barrier. Has soon they have that capability they will go back in time and give me eternal life.

You would love my code, if you had the capability to understand it. Is a firmware for a CPU that modify itself and add new nmonics in a stack based language like FORTH. Is full of meaning and intention. Errors are impossible but it don't actually limit what you can do. The CPU itself don't exist, but is created has a virtual CPU inside a real CPU using a few nmonics has quickstart boostrap sequence. From that point the stack take full control.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Future Crazy Prediction:
60% probability that Destiny will have his own Trade Cards Game. (like the Witcher, WoW, and many others)

It will be called
Destiny Grimoire Trade Cards Game.

The Meat Dimension posted:

:popeye: the singularity is now
The progress so far:
- compiling the compiler, using the compiler running in the interpreter, takes about 10 seconds;
- compiling the compiler, using the compiler compiled with the compiler, takes about 0.1 seconds;
- compiling a version of the compiler from which comments and extra whitespace have been “trimmed”, using the compiler compiled with the compiler, takes about 0.02 seconds.
The VEX file appears in the directory -0.2 seconds before is invoked, and then repurposed.

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 5, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

No Man Sky completed my Destiny experience, really.

With NMS I was able to fly the ship, and visit the planets in the skybox.

I platinum-ed it, and I enjoyed it, despite it being a lazy implementation. Can't recommend it, but I think is bad ...not for the reasons people think is bad, but because the actual tech of the things the game try to do is bad. Had the terrain and creature generator where good, it would have been a incredible walking simulator.

Edit:

This novel had not relation with the above. But I am posting it anyway, as some sort of daily science-fiction novel recomendation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_Station_(novel)

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 6, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Been playing Wildlands on the hardest difficulty with no HUD. Savage as poo poo

If you play Wildlands, make sure you get the material rifle has soon has possible. That thing is a beast.

Wildlands feels Ok. Like patrolling mars, if the map where gigantic. Is a chaotic dirty trash game, but the right type of trash.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I would play Waframe, Planetside 2 or unironically APB, if not where absolutelly burned of them of playing 700+ hours

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Agree. It also affected PS4 players because the exclusives where put away from Xur or the rotation. So it was bad for us too.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The Meat Dimension posted:

If anything we need more guns with bouncing poo poo :getin:

some gun ideas:
- air canon
- uzi with so much kickback you literally fly if you fire directly down
- shotguns that blinds
- rocket launcher that dont damage yourself but instead push you away (rocket launching quake style)
- vodoo doll
- det pack grenade launcher (bombs explode on reload)
- uzi that shots wurikens that return to the owner
- pistol that shot a dart that explode after 6 seconds and beeps
- vex leg "blade"
- waifus that follow you, give you special ammo and increase reload speed
- husbandos with bouncing pectorals that increase speed and mele damage

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 8, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

In the game industry, this is called "Boobs physics" or simply "Boobing".

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

Won 20 games straight of IB abusing double sticky hammers. Averaged a 4kd accross them. Shits hilariously broken. Some of the plays i have been able to make using them is nuts. poo poo needs a nerf bad.

I am most confused because I don't currently play Destiny and I don't know the "double sticky hammer" cheese.

So I googled it:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I still want to know what is this "double hammer sticky" cheese.

So I google it again, without the word cheese.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I use to play PC games, and run to the shop to buy a new graphic card any time my FPS was lower than 40 in $last_released_game.

On consoles you hardly notice it, because 30 FPS is like the standard. But if you mix, like you did, you will notice.

The problem with 60 FPS is that theres so little time between frame and the next frame, that literally the whole game rules must run in 1/60 of second. I think. You can achieve that with a powerful CPU, or with some very dumb game.

With 30 Hz, the hardware is not stressed has much, a weak CPU can move most games, and a game that try to do a lot between a frame and the next can still do it.

A powerful CPU probably also generate a lot of heat, and noise, and waste a lot of Wats. Consoles use CPU that are more like these found in laptops, so they don't make much noise, are more energy efficient and don't create much heat.

In engineering everything is a balance with a lot of tradeoffs. Framerate is similar, theres downs to high framerate, like there are good things to down framerates.

If I where Sony, I would probably ban 60Hz, and force everyone to use lock 30Hz, but I understand they not doing that because would be incredible popular. And high framerate is probably very important in some niche genre ( Brawnlers?) where you would lose all the hardcore players and games if you do that.

IMHO.

Spiv posted:

I'm surprised you did multiple Google searches for double sticky hammers and (presumably) didn't​ get dick pic results.

(^-^)

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 9, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

super macho dude posted:

Its ok, they are going to fix it in D2! Now, you'll get matched against only 4 people!

Is going to be superfrustrating. Considering if 1 player goes afk, or is not 100% into it, it will weight down the whole game.

Tei fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 10, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

lmao RIP Destiny whenever that anthem game comes out

Maybe, maybe not.

It looks purty, but also did The Division. Then the video we have seen showed 100% scripted elements. A videogame would not look like this.

Best case scenario: we get two fun games instead of one.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A list of destiny-killers errors that killed these killlers:
The division:
- open world not replayable (dont level with you, can only kill miniboss once)
- missions uninspired?
- balance out of wack in a game with open ffa
- the raid was bad and boring and shortist
- very littel high end gear options?
- the lack of skirmish pvp?

Wildlands
- no raid or dungeons, only open world activities
- bug filled with fun bugs making the game into a circus
- only one class, so everybody can play like everybody, not structure
- too big, the collectatron never ends, the map is ginormeous

The Division failed because tried to be mmo lite, but the mmo lite elements where terrybad.
Wildlands never had these elements and instead do something different with the game.

Is not easy to make a destiny killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Menstrual Show posted:

The biggest problem with the division is that the setting is loving horrible

Is horrible in a good way if you like walking simulators.

The north area of the dark zone is the most amazing area in any game ever made. Dead is almost something you can walk through with a machete. The dread feeling is intoxicating.
All the game have unnamed piles of dead people. Dead if present everywhere. But on the north of the dark zone it has a presence that almost obscure the screen.