Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I mean Nightfalls are a pain if you're trying to get it done with 5 minutes remaining, yeah

Have a fumbled shaky last second phone shot from last weeks rat king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

96 spacejam posted:

(and know how to get through it efficiently)

I dont think there was a cheese last week but we used the 'stack same element supers and wait/hope for the phase 3 boss burn' since it was Prism. Almost certainly there will be some weeks with easier modifier combos than others.

I hear though its possible to knock this weeks boss off the platform for the easy win.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

playing the game is the reward mang. This isnt a job where X hours of work must equal X rewards OR WHY EVEN PLAY, just grab a beer throw on some music and slam some crucible with friends, or cruise around planets blapping dudes and doing patrols and being a luminous pink moon wizard or whatever.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Has Bungo ever not had to extend a maintenance window?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

The tower vendor hud icons now only appear if they have something for you, which is nice i guess?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

is it possible to do the prestige nightfall sub-300? Im in the mid 290s and the combination of fast refresh abilities and not having to worry about time boost gimmicks seems like it makes for a decent chance.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

*spends 2 minutes checking out whatever came out of clan emblems*

"... are yoooou still with us?"

"... are yoooou still with us?"

Hawthorne :argh:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Emron posted:

It's HM raid month, which means it's time to guess the added mechanics. Here's my guesses:

Gauntlet: additional projection inside the ring which runners must punch

some cabal variation of the moving laser grids to jump through like in the pyramidion strike

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

acumen posted:

If I saw a dude with a kda of 5 or 144 trials wins I'd probably save myself the trouble because that sounds like an awful time

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

AppleCobbler posted:

What do people mean when they say casual PvP?

not having 4 midas dinging you simultaneously

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What is gunsmith telementary data? The ghost shells have a chance to generate it on a certain element kill
What is the best titan subclass? I'm a protector right now.
Can you repsec? I still have 10 points I've been scared to spend
How do I transfer a sparrow to an alt?

Gunsmith rep handins.
Striker is fotm.
Once a talent is unlocked its unlocked forever and you can switch between trees and talents at will.
Put sparrows in the vault in tower (but actually just use an item manager app to move stuff between dudes).

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the raid is good and fun but success is limited if your pubbies cant grasp the difference between a dog and a cup

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

The Gensym Knight one looks like a wizard robe

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

how big is the damage boost to the golden gun shot from celestial nighthawk?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

drat son. gona try it out on Calus later

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'm using nameless midnight and sunshot right now. What purple energy weapon should I keep an eye out for in case I ever want to use an exotic kinetic weapon? On that note what exotic kinetic weapons should I be going for?

Also what's the best grenade launcher?

MIDA is an easy-to-get freebie exotic kinetic that has defined the crucible meta thus far with its insane aim assist. I think the PvE 3 of choice right now is Nameless Midnight, Uriels Gift, and Merciless in the power slot. Those together give you the utility to smack anything upside the head.

Grenade launchers are mostly terrible. Flash and Thunder gives you flashbangs which can be fun to huck onto a crucible control point and mop up the guys squatting behind a titan barrier. The only real use I've found for Prospector is bomb spam to solo kill the 4 Watcher turrets guarding the conduit chest on the leviathan.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Norns posted:

Can they give me something to do with these 2k odd legendary shards i have

Dump them to Xur and dismantle the exotics for gunsmith parts

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Akuma posted:

Is this a one-time thing and I'm getting confused with an alt that hasn't cleared the raid once yet? I fully expect to be wrong, because I usually am.

Calus does have a weekly milestone. The raid clear milestone comes back every week, along with the nightfall clear and i think the crucible one as well.

e: also public event flashpoints and clan XP

kecske fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 13, 2017

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Why would you sit on them instead of hand them in, like with literally every other kind of token?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Day 5 of IB and I'm starting to hear the tap-tap-tap of a MIDA even when not playing :tinfoil:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

With time limited armor sets they should do away with the RNG engram entirely and make it so you can choose specific pieces for 30 20? tokens each time. Random weapons and armor pieces can still drop but duplicate IB pieces also dismantle into IB tokens.

kecske fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 16, 2017

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

haveblue posted:

Challenge is that you have to j/o IRL to charge it

challenge?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

swims posted:

I immediately got hard

:same:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

don't sleep on Frigid Jackal in the crucible my man

maybe the Maxim XI too I guess

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

xzzy posted:

Second Ghaul is when I gave up on the armor because I got booted to orbit after crawling my way all the way to the Ghaul fight. :fuckoff:

I tried that redux mission once and gave up after the last group of enemies before caydes teleporter wouldn't show up so I couldn't progress

fu bungo

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

what was the name of that titan? armor thing in the forsaken gamescom stream that made you reflect projectiles that hit you while sliding

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hell yeah gonna shotgun myself to death on so many sliding dudes

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

don't have the game yet so I just looked up the final cutscene on youtube and man wtf

e: it hasn't given me the triumph for prestige leviathan even when I have the achievement for it, don't make me do it again bungo :argh:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

:eyepop:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

i dont have forsaken yet but jumped in for some quickplay today. Got control with a 4 stack on the other team who were deliberately not capping points but still won lol. They were unreal. Its a weird experience to watch an unhittable demigod parkour his way over to you like nightcrawler from the xmen and then make you suck-start a shotgun over and over again

SBMM still sucks tho

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

xzzy posted:

Players glitched into the raid area, there's a chest available in there that gives raid loot. Lots of sword swinging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NByQAZ3HvY8&t=104s

Goons attack!

I couldn't even jump through the dick wall reliably

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

does upgrading to Forsaken reset the weekly/daily milestones or whatever the gently caress they're called now? I need to minmax before I pull the trigger on that Buy button

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

SUNKOS posted:

tested your ability to shoot enemies as a team and support/cover each other to get through really difficult combat encounters

I too hope trials comes back one day

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

love 2 read slapfights about that hot button topic - space wizard history

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

give sleeper one of those little targeting lasers on the charge-up like the otherwise functionally identical spartan laser in halo. makes no difference at all to pve, and in pvp youre then aware that you're being aimed at and from which direction, giving you a second or so to either evade or put something solid between you.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

looking at the collections badge for red war I'm missing one exotic across all 3 characters in the last slot, so it's a weapon and I can't figure out wtf it is

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I have acrius in my inventory now, do I need to upgrade it before it registers?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

^^^ I'm 509 and sitting in front of the wall right now, enjoying the fruits of my effort to get here

xzzy posted:

It gives you a cool looking ship that's not showing in the database yet.

:argh:

warlocks can float in easy, and there's no enemies between the zone in and the code wall

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

using the wish 4 code makes it way way easier to get that freebie chest instead of that convoluted jumping nightmare from before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

bring back saladins vigil imo