Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is game good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So.. game good?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Are most of the goons rolling PS4 or will there be a decent sized PC goon population? Also should I give a gently caress whatsoever about getting a ps4 pro or will the regular PS4 be fine for this?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Tei posted:

I have consider seriusly to make 3 of the same class this time. But I know that will make the game more boring long term... kind of make sense if you want to boost level.

I made a titan and a hunter so far ( 275, 268 ) and having really good times with the titan. The hunter is not has fun (but I dont have the bow unlocked yet).

fwiw i ran 2 titans and a warlock in d1 and i found that it was actually a lot of fun and didnt burn me out quicker having 2 of the same character.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Did they make titans Butt capes look cooler in this?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Norns posted:

Why is it a controversial stance to have loving tools in the game you're playing to play more of the loving game? I don't get it

Pretend you're being controversial if it makes you feel better, but it's just not really smart considering if you just threw a bunch of randoms into a party they would get upset and be more likely to quit the game, spending less money on it. Better to have it as something people are always working toward, and to be honest, any time they would spend on making a dumbed down version should just be spent on actually improving parts of the game or making the raid better.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

I have faith in the live team, it's just a little disappointing that we have to wait x amount of time for the game to start living up to its potential after we already did that with D1. I thought the whole point was that this one was gonna hit the ground running.

Lol if you don’t think they do this on purpose

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Emron posted:

Never ascribe to malice what you can ascribe to incompetence

True but then on the other hand, video game publishing companies lmao

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

What’s up guys. I don’t know if anyone that still played with me back in the day would recognize me anymore from D1, but I played an absolute ton of destiny 1. Things got a little busy and I wasn’t really paying attention when destiny 2 released and I got super turned off by the amount of complaints I heard WRT to the real money transactions, but now I see it’s on the store for 25 bucks plus expansion pass and I’m thinking of buying. Worth?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

deadwing posted:

im still playing bitch

Insane Totoro posted:

Bob that you

lets get it boys. Im installed and ready to go, whos ready to carry my rusty rear end?

also what is forsaken? Im very out of the loop

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Seriously though; is forsaken supposed to be good? What is it akin to? Is it gonna change everything in the base game too?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Legs Benedict posted:

it looks about as good as anything destiny has ever looked, which is kind of a matter of perspective

they are changing lots of poo poo though

Is there anywhere that has a good compilation of all the poo poo they’re changing? Does it even matter because I’m just starting the base game?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Hmmmm yeah it seems like I’m gonna need to read through a beginner guide of what all the poo poo going on in destiny 2 already is because that’s operating on the assumption for the most part that I’ve even hosed around with the first one heh

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I’ve already bought in, just been busy so I haven’t fired it up yet other than getting it installed. What’s the classes and subclasses like this time around as far as what’s good and what’s not? Is titan armor finally somewhat cool in this one? Do they still have lovely half tied bath robes as cosmetic pieces?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

ItBreathes posted:

Warlock - lower tree void
Hunter - pve: lower tree gunslinger w/ nighthawk, pvp: arcstrider
Titan - best I can tell they're all about the same.

Some of it.

Yes, but they compensated by making all cosmetics terrible.

Cosmetics terrible how? And what do you mean lower tree?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

How much of the base game did forsaken touch on, and are you guys liking it?

I’ve been real busy so I haven’t been able to fire destiny 2 up yet, but I think I’m gonna get started grinding up my Titan tomorrow. Looks like I still have some people on my friends list playing destiny 2 from the destiny 1 days that haven’t removed me, so I’m probably going to be annoying and send you guys party invites and ask what’s going on. If anyone is enticed by that; let me know and I’ll add you. Like I said, I’m starting from scratch.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

How much of the base game did forsaken touch on, and are you guys liking it?

I’ve been real busy so I haven’t been able to fire destiny 2 up yet, but I think I’m gonna get started grinding up my Titan tomorrow. Looks like I still have some people on my friends list playing destiny 2 from the destiny 1 days that haven’t removed me, so I’m probably going to be annoying and send you guys party invites and ask what’s going on. If anyone is enticed by that; let me know and I’ll add you. Like I said, I’m starting from scratch.

Reposting this from earlier because it seems to have gotten missed in the speed of the thread, with another question on top

Is there any point in picking up forsaken before end game?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Roman posted:

All the changes like the weapon slot stuff, Collections, Triumph/lore stuff is excellent. You can get random roll weapons from Banshee even without Forsaken. Playing the base game with the new changes is a much better experience.

BUT If you want to do anything other than Y1 raids and basic Crucible you will need Forsaken. I have D2 with the expansions but not Forsaken on PC and it looks like the only activity rewarding Powerful engrams is the Flashpoint (everything else awards Lengendary engrams). I *think* IB might reward Powerful engrams without Forsaken but good luck being 385 against 560 players because power matters in IB now. Also, infusion needs Masterwork cores now, and random roll weapons need like 17 cores to fully MW, and if you don't have Forsaken and can't access Spider (new vendor who sells cores) upgrading anything will be a super grindy nightmare.

EDIT: Also my character on PC is like 351, and I assumed that random world drops would upgrade me to a higher soft cap but that's not the case, everything drops at 344. I only did vanilla & Warmind campaigns there, I don't know if playing Osiris would make any difference

Cool. Thanks. So I can do all the story content and stuff up until I start needing to actually level off of poo poo that forsaken only offers?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I really loved destiny1 but I haven’t touched this one at all and it’s intimidating to jump in at this point. I have forsaken and maybe the dlcs?? Maybe not? I honestly don’t know

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Why don't these morons just simplify everything to Bright Engrams. Get 'em from ranking up, or pay $1 and get 1 or whatever. gently caress off with this Silver/Dust/Note/Facet poo poo.

I’m not being hyperbolic about this, all of these games are designed with currency systems like this in order to dodge anti gambling laws(and also generate a little bit more profit by having everything convert in uneven amounts)

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

drat, sounds like they're bit morally shady !

Yeah it’s almost like prioritizing the infinite growth of margins and profit at the cost of literally everything else sucks rear end for everyone but the people making all of the money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Bungie sold the rights to halo for an absolute brick of money, and then decided they needed to sign on with activision and pick up some cheques from them. There is no morality in corporate money grubbing