Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Separate balancing, I get the argument, but what a lovely loving reality to either have to have double the guns or be forced into reconciling two separate gun feels for a single gun and be made to adapt to range and damage changes on the fly. That legit sucks, and if inventory and Vault size weren't things, I'd be more chill with that, but I think it's a bad idea.

Pretty sure people at the D2 event said ranges felt different in pvp and pve so my hopes are probably already dashed. Whatever.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

I dont mind a range adjustment between Pvp and E. That strike was massive and that pvp map was tiny it makes sense.

But yeah i hope theu don't gently caress with anything else. Getting cool guns in pve to kill cunts with in pvp is fun

I feel like the question becomes then, would each weapon individually have pvp and pve stats or would every weapon be hit by a blanket percentage change? Individual seems excessive and a database nightmare so chances are high that Bungie would choose this, but if everything gets hit the same it really seems to me like pvp and pvp alone would be the test of if a weapon is worth a poo poo at all because take it to pve, it'd merely be the same but a lot better. Trying to discern that going pve --> pvp would get you caught with your pants down.

Watch there be a strike or story mission on a pvp or pvp-size map that then becomes the default everyone runs the living poo poo out of when wanting to train with weapons for Crucible, outside Crucible.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Where did Jackson go? Isn't he in jail, or something? :smith: I hope he gets to enjoy D2.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Last post from him I remember was a voicemail uploaded from his phone about a warrant or something, and him wondering if he was getting ribbed. I'm a stupid idiot but is he still around and not posting or...? Lol

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

posting this while getting my rear end pounded in prison

Gay fuckin and suckin, a PC for D2, and toilet paper Scrabble tiles, my man you're set for the next few years :respek:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

super macho dude posted:

Also, I'm wondering wtf did they do with Bladedancer now that they added Shaolin Iron Staff Style Hunter?

Poledancer

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Lmao, playing this rn. She just threw me a coin. Series rules.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

During trials last night, i picked up heavy and put about 20 rounds of machine gun ammo into a titam running straight at me.

He shoulder charged me and i died. He died a second after they won the round :cool:

Why did you stop at 20?? Tsk tsk, live and learn!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

- "hide helmet" option in combat areas

Thx no thx. D2 needs to be a safespace from muh identity poo poo.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

Hunter

Stop cherry picking stills from my webcam feed tia

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I think most objective modes tend to attract dudes who think that they can "play the objective" and be gud without having to be a killer.

Sorry dudes, rift is entirely about killing dudes, first to control the middle and then as a moving train to dunk.

This is also why it's easy to slay and win in zone control, the apex of "objective" modes.

This is why I love Rift, because I can go in and murder folks forever yet still lose ceaselessly and maintain babby matchmaking in the mode :kimchi: The day I play earnestly to the objective in Rift is the day hell freezes over.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Lol if you paid money for no man's sky.

Thought it looked cool, watched a gameplay vid. poo poo was like if Destiny was hopping on your Sparrow for one minute, walking across a patrol zone for three, then having to gently caress with your inventory for five. Wow no.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It's loving winter here mate

Your country's weather is a piece of poo poo

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

Andromeda sucked, and that's coming from someone who got it for free. Horizon is good, I wish I hadn't blazed through it trying to finish it in time for Andromeda. Rocket League is my own personal downtime game of choice.

Rocket League is real real good, even if I can't get a Universal decal to save my life :negative:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao the big show owns

*monster vape toke*
*no-scope snipe with his frying pan hands*
*chokeslam emote*

AND WELL IT'S THE BIIIIIIIIG SHOOOOOWWW

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/tM8Smuh.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hereafter has the highest AA iirc and the blinding effect causes 1hp damage to stop recovery. I like it for Rift when the other team collapses to defend the rift, or even fighting at the spark, one headshot will assblast everyone for your team.

Dreg is awesome, just don't stand or strafe and shoot as the travel time will yield in more trades than necessary. Jump all about and let the tracking rounds do their thing, you're gold.

Wolves was cool the few times I used it. Sick range but you have to make sure every round lands in the pulse spray or whatev.

Voidlord and Solarlord are as good as Arclord :shrug:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

trash person posted:

Not to be a downer, but is anyone a little disappointed by what they've shown so far? I'm not sure what I was expecting, maybe a greater departure from Destiny 1 in some way I can't define.

It just looks like...more Destiny and I haven't seen anything that won't make the endgame any less stale.

I'm probably just being over critical or something but eh

Over critical when you can't even define it? HMMMMMMMMM

Seriously, I love people saying D2 isn't different enough. Like, if you want something so drastically different, play a different loving game???? Why does Destiny need to stop existing so you can play a different game? Ffs.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Policenaut posted:

So that's what he's doing when he's not loving on TV.

It was a joke, ABGD is Brock Lesnar, playing Destiny literally all the loving time but that occasional night every couple months when he pops on TV to show off his dick-sword tattoo.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

I expected the no rumble thing. Called it early. Still sucks though.

Bungie are really pushing the team play angle. Let's hope it doesn't make for boring game play.

Let's maybe hope it does so they bring back old modes, intro new ones... I feel like after everyone at Bungie was made to read Databases For Dummies, they're equipped to handle gameplay gripes in a more timely manner.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Hawk moon getting the nerf bat was extremely good because a shooter game shouldn't have poo poo like luck in the chamber in it, hth

100%

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Weak, Tei.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I've said for literally years that the destiny lore is accidentally good because of all the weird hooks and grey areas that remain open in the aftermath of a disjointed reboot and reshuffle of the story.

Turns out I was right, as is customary.

Destiny's weird lore and grimoire format is catnip for aspies.

It's not a joke, the 10 year plan wasn't some 3 act arc for the franchise but rather a 10 year beta until the real Destiny: The Game is released.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Alteisen posted:

There's some poo poo in an interview where it states that Gaius is apparently the Cabal emperor and consults with something that talks to him. I bet its a ghost from another dimension or something.

I just realized that ghosts are space barbie brazen heads :psyboom:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Emron posted:

I bet that cool asterisk shaped ship from the trailers ends up being the raid emblem, ever since crota it feels like every raid/baddie needed a symbol of some kind

The Traveller's sex harness? Likely. Traveller has always been a bottom but now has gone full gimp.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

Get ready for an exotic primary whose main perk is an elemental burn

Lol

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

They already said that your ship is nothing more than a loading screen, so don't hold your breath. Besides, you're probably in the minority here, I'd wager that most people wouldn't give a single poo poo about some tacked-on ship combat mode. Nobody plays this game for the sparrow racing.

Yeah, I don't want Bungie loving off with an entirely different and new set of mechanics for a 3 minute story mission that won't be played a second time until Year 6 when it gets added to a playlist for Era of Success.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

I would not mind is Destiny 3 comes with some hacking the vex minigame thing, or vex cybervrspace internet where you troll the vex gods on their vex facebook-throne world.

DESTINY already has a Cyber Bullying mode, it's called Crucible.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PathAsc posted:

Show me on the guardian where the darkness touched you.

I AM THE BAD TOUCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Emron posted:

A Real Sequel means you add some new reloading animations and a tacked-on minigame, you heard it here first.

Inventory Manager Simulator from D1 will be updated and revised to surely being new, and Marksman Dodge is a new animation wherein a gun is loaded :colbert: