Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
How much ram.........

...ing dudes' asses will I be doing in the new crucible???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Good, balancing the entire meta around discovered movement styles is bad and 80s gay

Why does literally every game have the fastest travel method be some convoluted process that involves a ton of extra button pressing?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Because the spergs that discover these tricks vastly outnumber the programmers that make the code and think they covered all the edge cases.

No not always. Most games it's faster to repeatedly roll or some poo poo to travel in a straight line. This is hella lame.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

It seems almost like a bad idea to split the D2 threads on the basis of platform, but the things that'd be dependent on are still in the Rumor stage (cross-saving, release dates) and some things that are hard fact (Bone Krew unstoppable)

Every PC gaming thread on this forum features a massive amount of "my graphics card drivers won't let me enable v-sync" type bullshit that sucks major rear end and all such posters should be fired into the sun. Separating the threads was far too merciful imho.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I hope it's at least an extra pull or something as that's a good idea

I'm sure whatever they come up with will be exploited by poopsockers somehow so it can't be too insane.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's pretty obvious they are gonna make the raids doable by 5 strong players and a retard, which is maybe okay but reeks of dumbing down.

They probably understand player numbers better than me so I'm willing to roll with any negative effects given they are smart enough to not go down the fully matchmade route.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I can't tell if I like the new interface design or not

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Trials of the 9" is what YBEC's mom calls it when I swing by

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
My triple posting strategy paid off bigly

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Like, extremely bigly

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

6th in the thread and 6th in the world on PSN :smug:

We are all the same rank in Destiny 2, bub

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There are definitely super fallouts in the kill feed.

Not sure about nades. Didn't stand out in the video I saw so I guess not.

With no ward of dawn at least there's no bubble confusion.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Floating fidget spinner lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Is there any footage of the poledancer in PvP or are all the hunters locked into GG for now?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

elpaganoescapa posted:

I love how everything looks but I'm not really feeling the huuuge pauldrons and tiny waists on every Titan armor we've seen so far. It looks too stylized and cartoonish for me. Hunters and Warlocks look basically the same as before, I mean.

Agreed. New titans we have seen look dumb.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Re: titans.

Go to about 3:40 here and you see a female Titan with what are vary much D1 legs but with new D2 style shoulders. It's not a good look imho.

https://youtu.be/10TbML18pMg

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny 2 PC Thread: Please Find us on the Second Page

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

might wanna check your .gif drivers got some big time flickering there

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah there's definitely an esports angle here, which makes sense given they weren't trying for that the first go round and still somehow managed to loving trip over their own feet into a game that the community was dying to make competitive. The acquiescence to private matches was the first evidence of that.

I'm not really sure how this is compatible with their p2p setup but I'm expecting some additional announcements on ladders and seasons.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ufarn posted:

An even more categorical answer:

~ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1376811 (video transcript)

Very interesting.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol the pc thread got moved to the blizzard subforum :agesilaus:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Last_Taste posted:

I have watched some of the pvp videos, but I can't figure out the "dual primary" weapon types. Do any video have a good shot of the weapon types? It is kinetic, energy and power I know, but are certain types limited to a slot?

A scout or pulse paired with a fast firing hand canon could be a fun load out. Pair with a shotgun or sniper as a power weapon depending on the map or game type could lead to some fun builds. It does remind me of halo, auto rifle/pistol starting load out. The increased TTK seems to me like they took the super nerf approach to all the weapons, and now they have room to adjust up or down without completely ruining the intended TTK.

While I like the mobility in Destiny, the movement changes make a lot of sense since skating shotgun jugs or constant shade stepping night stalkers were so aids.

Weapons in the non power slots are scouts, pulses, ars, handcankns, smgs and sidearms. In the primary slot they are kinetic. In the energy slot they have an element.

The pvp guys I have seen are talking about how the guns are weaker but due to the fact that people in super take extra damage from elemental guns of the same type (striker Titan gets owned by arc gun) there's not an overwhelming sense of roaming super dominance circa early Taken King Sunbreaker titans. You can counter with appropriate teamshooting of energy weapons.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So yeah you can run scout and void pulse, or Ar and solar AR, or hand cannon and arc smg, as examples.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I just hope you can pick the element of your energy gun independent of the gun itself. It's loving annoying to have to carry 3 separate good sidearms for elemental cover.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
TTK is way up and bodyshot penalty is up as well. The pvp pros there have said from talking to folks that the pvp guys are doing this on purpose and also want the movement to be back to vanilla launch pvp speed before everyone figured out that speed kills.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Everything that can OHK is in the power slot now.

Though I suppose a minigun doesn't technically one hit kill, but its TTK is still going to be pretty unbeatable.

The minigun you've seen is just an exotic primary slot Auto Rifle. Lmgs are out of the game.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
And obviously the power weapon situation will be balanced by getting more ammo for a shotgun than you do for a rocket launcher.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They didn't totally redo their entire codebase from the ground up? You can't call it a sequel. Owned beotch.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Stats don't matter any more

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

eonwe posted:

im going to play and enjoy this on PC

Cool there's a thread for subhumans like you in the blizzard forum

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Let's kick this pc gamer's rear end

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm gonna take a break from pummeling that dudes rear end to note that lightening nades have a red indicator when they are bad nades. That's good!!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Source your quotes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The new tower space which isn't a tower has another soccer ball but also has a pitch and goals that light up when the ball goes inside (just like your mom's face when I freak dat bitch, 'tone) so there might be some emergent gameplay going down

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Policenaut posted:

I'm sure in less than a year Bungo will cook up a Soccer League with its own assortment of emblems, armor, shaders, and a record book.

And I will be diamond Elo in it and maybe the worlds best warlock striker

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They are the same other classes but will be slightly revamped. Just like we've seen for striker and gunslinger.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

Who gives a poo poo

I do. Private matches own.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Private matches let you figure out wlexactly where to aim to hit nasty sticks and took around to find headglitches and also it's fun as hell to play with your buddies and have dumb fun rules like only autos and fusions and dumb poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Wrecks v Rasheed

http://i.imgur.com/1wbyx2T.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/8BuZdxA.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/DALD4Hs.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/vhztm1u.gifv